Rik Mayall RIP

KingRichard76

...and punks and skins and rastas will all gather round and hold their hands in sorrow for their fallen leader. And all the grown-ups will say, "But why are the kids crying?" And the kids will say, "Haven't you heard? Rick is dead! The People's Poet is dead!"

​I'm absolutely gutted about this, Rest in Peace Mr Mayall you magnificent b'stard! :grump: :no: :sad:

• Like 3

Very sad news :(

One on my childhood heroes. His appearances always put a smile to my face and made me laugh, no matter it was The Young Ones, Bottom, Blackadder or The New Statesman.

Thoughts go out to his loved ones.

R.I.P. and you will be remembered.

Deeply upset by Riks passing. Huge fan ever since The Young Ones, and even more so The Dangerous Brothers and Bottom. A great loss to the world of comedy.
If anyone hasn't heard of The Dangerous Brothers, look them up on Youtube, the sketches are all on there. No more Flying Zebras....

Such a shock to hear this, a british comedy legend. He had a very bad quad bike accident a few years back i think. Such a shame. RIP Rik.

Indeed he did. I attended the Bottom Live tour when he came back from the accident and they managed to work it into the show. Such a sad loss.

• Like 1

I think so many people were in shock on hearing this news yesterday, he has played so many legendary characters on our screens over the last 30 years or so and really was a part of people's lives in so many ways.

And to boot he was such a great guy as well to meet. One of those people that certainly didn't disappoint when you meet your heroes.

So thank you Rik for the memories, the laughs and the entertainment you have brought us and today the World feels just that little bit emptier knowing that we aren't going to have any new laughs !

There are the odd times when an actor dies and it seems to hit you hard, almost like a personal friend passing, and this is one of those times for me. Genuinely saddened by Rik's passing. He really is someone who has made me laugh probably more than anyone else throughout my life. I'd always hoped i'd meet him and get a chance to thank him for the years of laughter

I don't think there has ever been anyone with such unforgettable lines throughout various programmes for me.

• Like 4