What has your experience been like when attending LFCC alone?

I've only been alone once but I had a fantastic weekend. Got to go to my photoshoots & get the autographs I wanted without worrying about what my friends were going to do/clashes that may happen. I got talking to people in queues. Browsed the merchandise at my own leisure. Took breaks when I wanted to. So it's great.

If your worried/want someone to chat to/whatever, I'm happy to meet up if you'd like

• Like 4

I've been on my own loads of times, but then I was never really worried about doing anything alone and have always had a great time.

I am going alone this year but will probably see friend I have made from many years of going to conventions. So you should soon meet people.

I've only been alone once but I had a fantastic weekend. Got to go to my photoshoots & get the autographs I wanted without worrying about what my friends were going to do/clashes that may happen. I got talking to people in queues. Browsed the merchandise at my own leisure. Took breaks when I wanted to. So it's great.

If your worried/want someone to chat to/whatever, I'm happy to meet up if you'd like

You live in London. Not everyone happens to live there, for many people they need to travel there for hours on end and then find their way to the venue which is an added stress especially if you are on your own.

You live in London. Not everyone happens to live there, for many people they need to travel there for hours on end and then find their way to the venue which is an added stress especially if you are on your own.

What has me living in London got to do with this? Original poster asked for people's experiences whilst attending the con on their own, so I did. I feel your response is uncalled for

Also, why have you singled me out? 2 other people had posted replies before you decided to 'attack' me.

Edited by RacheyTink
  • Like 5

Mostly I attend on my own and although I appreciate the company and the help when a friend comes with me, I often find it easier just to mill about on my own getting things done. Not having to worry about others and others not having to worry about me.

Once you become a regular you will see people you've chatted to before and everybody is normally friendly.

I've never had any problems going alone, you dont have to worry about what anyone else is doing and i always end up chatting to people while waiting in the queues, although this year i will probably have a friend tagging along as he wants to take a few photo's of the cosplayers for his website

I attended lots of cons alone. As it has been said before, the greatest advantage is that you are the master of your time, so you can do whatever and go wherever you want in your own good time. I like attending with friends, but trying to work around our different interest is sometimes so difficult we split up. So just go there, explore and if you feel lonely, just talk to people next to you in various queues. Vendors are usually talkative, too :)

I usually go alone. When I go with people it's generally too hard to co-ordinate meeting up between differing photoshoots and autos, I prefer to go alone and see friends as I'm going around, and I always get chatting to people in the queues.

I've gone on my own a fair few times. I have found, like others, that I get all the autographs, shoots and talks that I want to, and get everything done. I also always ended up chatting to people here and there (even met a couple of my ex boyfriends at cons lol) but I did find that there were times in the day that I got a bit lonely. It does sometimes suck to have literally thousands of people around you, but have nobody to really talk to.

Now I go with my husband, and meet up with a few people I've met at cons over the years. We are always on the look out for new friends so happy to meet up with anyone who is going alone, a first timer, or also just wants to meet new people :smile:

I've not been to a sm comicon before only doctor who one which was my first, and I did that all on my own. Only problem was I was cosplaying but had no one to take photo's of me in costume so I had to ask random strangers. Other than that it was fine. I'm used to doing things on my own.

It will be my first time at LFCC and I'm going alone I'm use to doing stuff alone (recently done the Coronation Street tour) I was abit worried about LFCC as there will be actors/actresses I've not heard of but people on here said just go for what you want to see so I will go with the flow. I will be wearing a grey Back to the Future t shirt as it's my fav film ever :)

First time for me as well, I'm going alone except for Saturday. I'm used to do it alone, cause my friends don't like this stuff, but I would like to meet someone shating my interests ;)