ANSWERS to FAQs

Too Tall

Hi,

I was thinking..I can't remember, is videoing allowed during the talks? I assumed that generally it wasn't allowed and I can't remember whether or not anything was mentioned at the start of the talks I've been to in the past. I notice that people have done though and they are on YouTube, but then maybe they have done them on the sly.

Bought myself a decent camcorder earlier this year and wondered if it was worth me bringing it lol.

Cheers

you can use the camcorder around the convention itself, but when it comes to talks and photoshoots as well as the awards ceremony, that's a huge no no since most of the stuff like in america, when they show special clips etc for the comic con audience, they have to be careful so nothing is leaked etc.

If two people you have bought end up doing a double shoot can you trade on the day?

You mean for example Hugh Jackman and Ian McKellan get announced (disclaimer: random names that popped into my head, I have no knowledge anout any guests :P), you buy single shoots and the a double shoot gets announced?

You can ask on the day at the sales table if that's what you mean. It has been possible in the past, but no guarantees that this is always the case.

• Like 1

Lol that would be a great match but yes that's what I meant. Inside knowledge hopefully ;)

If that happens I'd more count that as epic epiphany. :lol:

And I'm sure we'd all chip in to buy that crystal ball for real too :whistling:

• Like 1

Quick question... I have a Gold Pass but my wife does not I was wondering when it comes to talks I presume I can sit anywhere and not necessarily in priority seating? Just rather not leave her on her own as I am dragging her to the event :P

Quick question... I have a Gold Pass but my wife does not I was wondering when it comes to talks I presume I can sit anywhere and not necessarily in priority seating? Just rather not leave her on her own as I am dragging her to the event :P

For the free talks: yes. Let me get this clarified about the paid for talks cause technically seating goes by ticket number there.

For the free talks: yes. Let me get this clarified about the paid for talks cause technically seating goes by ticket number there.

Thanks! :)

• Showmasters Admin

Do VQTs start fresh everyday?

Say someone got like 985 for Stan Lee on the Saturday but he only got up to 900, does it go back to 0 with new tickets on Sunday?

I assume yes so it's fair for those just coming on the Sunday?

Correct. From Section 2.3 of this very FAQs...

If I get a Virtual Ticket for a guest and don't get to see them can I use it the next day?

No, Virtual Tickets are only valid on the day you are given them.

Videoing is not allowed in the talks. Unfortunately for every rule there's at least one person trying to get around it. ;)

It'll be people filming on their actual cameras then...I suppose just pretending to be taking photos lol. As I say YouTube is full of them. I was pretty sure that there was 'no videoing' in place but never took that much notice before because it never applied to me lol.

• Moderators

Videoing is not allowed in the talks. Unfortunately for every rule there's at least one person trying to get around it. ;)

It'll be people filming on their actual cameras then...I suppose just pretending to be taking photos lol. As I say YouTube is full of them. I was pretty sure that there was 'no videoing' in place but never took that much notice before because it never applied to me lol.

If the crew in the area catch anyone filming it is stopped, but as you say it can be difficult to tell whether someone is filming or just taking photos. To an extent we do rely on the attendees of a talk voluntarily following the rules set in place...

• Like 1

• Showmasters Admin

I have a question.. I have managed over a 1,000 blogs on my profile.. Do I get a prize? and what are those dot things under my nice photo do they mean anything and can I trade them in for a voucher? :headscratch:

The dots (blocks) are related to the number of posted you have and the name of the job that is shown above your avatar.

0 Blocks - 0-24 Posts = Runner
1 Block - 25-49 Posts = Grip
2 Blocks - 50-99 Posts = Continuity
3 Blocks - 100-199 Posts = Best Boy
4 Blocks - 200-299 Posts = Gaffer
5 Blocks - 300-399 Posts = Assistant Editor
6 Blocks - 400-499 Posts = Wardrobe Supervisor
7 Blocks - 500-599 Posts = Camera Operator
8 Blocks - 600-699 Posts = Animator
9 Blocks - 700-799 Posts = Locations Manager
10 Blocks - 800-899 Posts = Stunt Co-ordinator
11 Blocks - 900-999 Posts = Chief Model Maker
12 Blocks - 1000-1249 Posts = 2nd Unit Director
13 Blocks - 1250-1499 Posts = Property Master
14 Blocks - 1500-1749 Posts = Production Designer
15 Blocks - 1750-1999 Posts = Costume Designer
16 Blocks - 2000-2999 Posts = Art Director
17 Blocks - 3000-3999 Posts = Cinematographer
18 Blocks - 4000-4999 Posts = Composer
19 Blocks - 5000-7499 Posts = Special Effects Co-ordinator
20 Blocks - 7500-9999 Posts = Assistant to Director
21 Blocks - 10000-14999 Posts = Director
22 Blocks - 15000+ Posts = Forum Royalty!
DavidB = Forum God
But no they don't get you anything ;o)
  • Like 4

Hi,

quick question that i can't see the answer to (but i'm probably being really thick),obviously you pay for autographs (right?),do you pay on the day,or do you buy tickets for autographs when you buy your entry tickets online?

Thanks

Hi,

quick question that i can't see the answer to (but i'm probably being really thick),obviously you pay for autographs (right?),do you pay on the day,or do you buy tickets for autographs when you buy your entry tickets online?

Thanks

You pay for them on the day while meeting the guest.

If the crew in the area catch anyone filming it is stopped, but as you say it can be difficult to tell whether someone is filming or just taking photos. To an extent we do rely on the attendees of a talk voluntarily following the rules set in place...

Of course :smile:

I guess though that if everybody followed the rules the world would be a different place with no need for police and lawyers........but then I digress :whistling: