Photographer feedback

Please excuse the complaint but I am extremely disappointed with the photographer who has just done the Lena and Peter double shoot. He was grumpy, rushing us through and clearly did not care about the photos being taken ir wasn't bothering to check. At £60 a picture It was not cheap and yet the photos he seemed to think were ok are really not great. I had 2, the first not even Lena looked ready and in the second my eyes are half way to closing. I was throughly disappointed. I realise that it was up to me to make a fuss there and ask fora reshoot, but felt far too embarrassed with the actors right there. So a plea for the future... CHECK the pictures before rushing us away. If there is not time to give each person the chance to walk away with a decent picture then don't sell so many or allow more time. Quite frankly I will think twice before paying for any more in future as this has soured what was otherwise a great weekend for me. My photos have been binned.

Thought it was pretty much same as it always is to be honest. Maybe being one of the first through it was different for me but they were both throwing poses without being prompted and I thought it was pretty good. The shoots are always quick so I didn't think it was anything out of the ordinary really. Just my opinion.

Sorry to hear that. Unfortunately as you have mentioned yourself the resolution would have been to ask for a reshoot at the time. If the crew are not made aware of the issue at the time then they can't help you. Sorry.

• Like 1

Sorry to hear about your experience but as you said there was a possibility to get it right at the time you got your photos. This was not possible up to last year, when pictures where handed out several hours after the photoshoot (or even days, if you had them sent to you). Something similar happened to my wife at Autographica (where the atmosphere is somewhat more relaxed and less rushed) with Buzz Aldrin; as she collected her picture she noticed she and Buzz weren't in pose but they were slightly looking at each other and talking. My wife was disappointed at first and was offered a re-shoot but on a second thought she liked the picture as it looked more natural and decided to keep it. I understand in your case the matter is different but I invite you not to throw the pictures away; they are still a memento (however bad) of your meeting with the actors. I really want to point out what you said: don't be shy or embarrassed, there is no reason to be, especially with the Showmasters crew who are always helpful.

I do appreciate that I should have made a fuss but felt embarrassed to do so. I felt that upset anyway that I could not face having them retaken as was in no mood to smile. My choice i know. I am just wanting to feedback that had the photographer checked his pictures I am sure that he would have realised at the time that they were not up to standard at the time and this could have been avoided.

I understand, this is in no way your fault. I think i would've acted the same. Wouldn't be getting a fuss when tha actor is near, i'd feel emberassed even if i know i shouldn't need to.

I found it all OK apart from the Amanda Tapping second on the Sunday was asking (politely) for people to speed it up as it was getting late and there was still a big queue.

However a person a few in front of me had his eyes shut and told staff, he went straight in to have his picture retaken and no-one minded whatsoever.

This sucks but I understand, you don't want to be THAT person that causes a fuss so that everyone waiting starts looking at what your doing and you don't want to be embarrassed in of everyone and the celeb. At Milton Keynes Lou Ferrigno signed my Hulk DVD as "To Jame" I just couldn't bring myself to go back and correct him. He is the Hulk after all.

I wasn't happy with either the DS9 group photo shoot or the David Hasselhoff with KITT shoot. The DS9 photo shoot looked very dark and several of the cast were not being hit by the flash. When I asked about it was told they are all dark like that. The same with the Hoff and KITT shoot it was in a black car with David wearing a black t-shirt with no light on the background and all the photos looked really dark. It's a shame as otherwise these would have been really nice photo shoots.

I wasn't happy with either the DS9 group photo shoot or the David Hasselhoff with KITT shoot. The DS9 photo shoot looked very dark and several of the cast were not being hit by the flash. When I asked about it was told they are all dark like that. The same with the Hoff and KITT shoot it was in a black car with David wearing a black t-shirt with no light on the background and all the photos looked really dark. It's a shame as otherwise these would have been really nice photo shoots.

Well that sucks big time. I almost went for both of these shoots but had to try and have some control over my spending. Glad I didn't go for these now. Those were two big shoots and you'd want them perfect.

I know how you feel, I am also too embarrassed to ask for a reshoot if mine comes out badly, which has happened a few times. I don't think it's fair to blame the photographer, as he was probably being pressured to speed up, but I do think that the photographer being in a good mood can make all the difference to a photo shoot. There was one guy at the last Chevron who was fantastic. It's obviously a much smaller con and therefore far less rushed, but he was really upbeat and cheery, and had music playing, and all the photos came out well because everyone was so relaxed.

I found it all OK apart from the Amanda Tapping second on the Sunday was asking (politely) for people to speed it up as it was getting late and there was still a big queue.

However a person a few in front of me had his eyes shut and told staff, he went straight in to have his picture retaken and no-one minded whatsoever.

I don't think people mind others coming back because of closed eyes or lens flash on glasses - it's the people taking a ridiculously long time for elaborate poses or group photos with a different pose per shot that hold things up more, I think.

Thought the lighting in photoshoot area C was a bit naff, photos seemed to come out quite dark.

Whichever one Armin Shimerman was in (A or B) was OK for most, but mine with Armin is overexposed. And I think the photographer got me a second before I smiled, so don't look great - oh well, that's one not so decent one out of 12.

I agree ..surely its the photographers job to check the photos......take the Lena/Peter shoot, Lena isnt looking at the Camera in a large proportion of the shots I have seen since, including my own. To be honest , i've met her before and will just cut her out of the picture, but I think its pretty poor for the photographer not to retake the photo at the time when there is an obvious defect

They do normally check after each shot, but you have to remember its hard to see everything on that small screen, and as mentioned with regard to exposure, how they appear on screen and how they are printed could be different, but the onus is on you to go back and request another shot if its not picked up by the photographer or SM crew.

Its not a problem, they are used to it and for that price I would make sure I got it reshot!

• Like 1

I had my first only and only photo shoot to date, and I say number 1 wooohooo :thumbup: Great job guys!

Just would like to make one negative point a lot of people waiting for other guests photos were congregating in the way of those waiting to get in next though. This may make the next shoot faster to get through, it did make it rather frantic to work out what was happening.

I noticed that sometimes the photographers weren't checking the shots as well as usual, and yes, the Lena/Peter double shot was one of these. I'm so relieved mine worked as I'd have hated to go back as everyone was in such a hurry, so I do feel for your predicament. But you've got to be firm and sort it out if it doesn't work. I was very happy with most of mine (I actually love the darkness of my DS9 shot as it's very flattering *blush*), but in my Rene Auberjonois shot my eyes were closed and my David/K.I.T.T. one had massive lens flare, both of which were missed. I had to request a reshoot for both and I'm SO glad I did as the replacements are wonderful. You're the customer; if the product isn't up to scratch, you have every right to request another one, especially now we have the instant printing so things can be rectified then and there. I'm sorry it didn't go right for you on this occasion.

• Like 3

I find with my own camera that the what's on the screen never looks the same as what comes out when it's bigger or printed out. So I don't believe it's the photographer's fault. I don't think that saying quietly to a member of the crew that you are not happy and asking to go round again is making a fuss. It only becomes a fuss if you make a big production of it. I always find that asking gets you a lot further than ignoring the problem and complaining afterwards.

• Like 1

I found the ET one wasnt good - I had it redone & still wasn't happy. I do know my photography & in this one, when you're taking a photo of a subject, it helps to be standing up, so you are at least level with your subject. This guy was sitting down & I look (more) awful (than usual) but didn't want to ask for a 3rd retake, as I had to head off for another one. Should've done & asked him to stand up (the first one I was side on, so that was my fault), really.

Malcolm always checked the picture before you left and while I love the new way the photos are produced, no complaints there, things were picked up in 'post production' like when my David Tennant picture didn't come out right, while I didn't mind, Malcolm did and I had to go for a reshoot later in the day, without DT, and my real eyes are not in the finished photo (I didn't get the option to have my original photo back as there was marker sprawled all over it), if like today it had happens, it would have been picked up straight away and rectified (if not picked up by the photographer in the first instance but when you got the picture back).

Overall the photos were good but i too had a slight issue with the Hasslehoff/KITT photo shoot.

The photoshoot was for the Hoff AND KITT but the position the photographer had most of us in - in fact the whole set-up (angle of the car, etc) - meant that almost none of the car featured in the photo which is disappointing as I had paid for both to be in shot with me else I could have saved £15 and had the photo shoot with David alone. Also as mentioned by "Jedi Kayben" the photos for this area came out dark but I think this was so that the dash display for KITT can be seen in the photo - problem is I was posed kneeled down (as David was in the car) in the way of this crucial part of the set-up which i didn't realise as I can't see what the photographer is seeing until the photo is done :-(

It's easy to say "ask for a reshoot" but when it's the end of a hot humid day and many people have been waiting for an hour+ & are tired, there's pressure to 'move along', you don't what to look bad in front of the actor/actress and the actor & customer look fine in the photo at a glance AND the actor is wearing a t-shirt which reads "Don't Hassle The Hoff", it's really not easy to ask.

On a positive note my photoshoot with Amanda Tapping was as perfect as one could get :-) and Lena Headey's came out great too. (Though my one with Danny Glover could have been framed a little better...)

• Like 1

Well, I had one shoot that felt wrong (I wasnt smiling at all), and I said that it wasnt good during the actuall shoot, not afterwards when I saw the results. So I directly said so and got another one. It didnt take long, perhaps 5- 10 seconds extra. I thought it was a good call and he was helpful.

I took around 16 shoots and If I could retake any of them I would perhaps only do it with one or two. I was very very happy with the rest. SO in my book, the people that took the photos did a good job. I do NOT look good on photos imo. But almost all of them were great! :)

And I got the experience around me when I saw people getting there photos that they were actually very satisfied with there photos. But then again I donno much about photography so maybe the lighting is abit bad in some of my pictures, but I dont care really, its the feeling of the picture with you and the guest(s) that is important to me.

Edited by Wondermoose