Too many Game of Thrones announcements? Discuss...

keithporter23

• Moderators

Absolutely not.

It's one of THE most popular shows currently. Fans like collections - Star Wars, Trek, Who etc prove this.

So why not strike while its hot? Seems sensible to me! There's always plenty of other guests anyway..

• Like 1

GoT is extremely hot right now. And as it's an ensemble show, there's a wide pool of guests from which to choose. Same happened with Harry Potter. And of course Star Wars and Star Trek and Doctor Who guests are always in demand. People want to see guests like these and SM would be nuts not to take advantage of it.

Besides, by the time the shows come round, there should be a decent spread of guests across various fandoms. I do understand that one person's amazing guest is another's "Meh" (and I do agree that some "massive" guests are often over-hyped), but it's a rare SM event that doesn't have at least one guest outside the main fandoms who appeals to me, and I'm sure I'm not alone.

Edited by CosmicAvatar

• Showmasters Admin

have not had this old chestnut for a while :-)

ok the events we run have a core line up of guests and then a splattering of re-union guests and then whats hot at the time , at one time it was harry potter then it was dr who and then there was a time when we did a lot with star wars and we have also had times when its heavy with trek , as time goes on the themes change and the guest go with whats hot , at the end of the day we had a show that was very heroes guest heavy , we have done this for ever its nothing new and it will not change , at this time GOT is very hot are we will have guest from this show to all our event the same goes for Dr who that this year will also be big as its the 50th anniversary too if you did not know how it works now you do but looking at the people posting in here you all know how it works

more guests to come over the next few months

one last thing no one is saying that there are no guests they want to see and its only 4 months away why is there no guests :-) see we are getting ahead of our selves much more these days .

if you do not like the guest line up so far just wait til two weeks before and take a look then i do not think anyone will complain then

more to come

jason

Edited by Rhianydd

ha ha, this is ridiculous....pure comedy gold....do you know how many times i've had to sit here and endure Doctor Who centric line ups, or Star Wars, or any of the other shows I have no interest in it......its called variety, some line ups u will like some , u wont...........i dont think 5 game of thrones guests out of a total of 50 or so guests is particularly over the top based on the popularity of the show and the fact that a lot of the line up are uk based.;

• Like 1

have not had this old chestnut for a wile :-)

ok th events we run have a core line up of guests and then a splattering of reuniun guests and then whats hot at the time , at pone time it was harry potter then it was dr who and then there was a time when we did a lot with star wars and we have also had times when its heavy with trek , as time gos on the theams change and the guest go with whats hot , at the end of the day we had a show that was very heroes guest heavy , we have done this for ever it nothing new and it will not change , at this time GOT is very hot are we will have guest from this show to all our event the same gos for Dr who tha thtis year will also be big as its th e50th anaversry to if you did not know how it works now you do but looking at he people posting in here you all know how it works

one last thing no one is saying that there are no guests they want to see and its only 4 months away why is there no guests :-) see we are gettign ahead of our self much more these days .

if you do not liek the guest line up so far just wate till two weeks before and take a look then i do not think anyone will complain then

more to come

jason

as much as admire you and respect you for doing these fantastic events why do we never seem to get any waking dead stars I would just be happy with one star from this show

one last thing no one is saying that there are no guests they want to see and its only 4 months away why is there no guests :-) see we are gettign ahead of our self much more these days .

if you do not liek the guest line up so far just wate till two weeks before and take a look then i do not think anyone will complain then

more to come

jason

I never said there was no guests for me to meet. I'm really pleased with the ET guests and a few others so far; and i'm never disappointed with the final line up of a show. it always impresses me :clap:).

I just felt like if people aren't a fan of one particular show (i.e. GOT) they are currently a little short changed in terms of balance, particularly when a huge build up is made for a guest announcement which the average joe in the street wouldn't recognise....

Im fine with the GOT announcements as its popular but the thing i think people are annoyed with was the hype as many people are not knowing of him. The "show maker" suggested someone big like Sean Bean or on par with him who huge people recognize him

I for one am happy with the amount of GoT guests we are getting. It's a great show with actors that represent many other fandoms as well.

I do not watch Dr Who or Star Trek but never question why Showmasters book these guests as I appreciate there are people out there that love these fandoms, so I just look forward to the next guest announcement that suits my fandom.

I think Showmasters are doing a great job this year of once again finding a variety of fandoms for people to want to attend for.

• Moderators

walking dead is very hot at the moment why are we not getting guests from this show very disappointed with the hype up

They can't get guests from EVERYTHING. We're waiting on Norman anyway. Just depends on availability and price etc.

walking dead is very hot at the moment why are we not getting guests from this show very disappointed with the hype up

They can't get guests from EVERYTHING. We're waiting on Norman anyway. Just depends on availability and price etc.

I no that but what about the ones that have been killed of they where announced they would be very popular

• Like 1

I couldn't care who SM get. As Jason says, they focus on current shows/films and older popular genres too. And throw in various others. If there's people I want to meet I'll go, if not, it doesn't really bother me. You can't please everyone all the time and whoever you book there will be people complaining there's nothing for them and people saying they want to meet everyone and can't afford to.

That's the way these things go. I'm just as happy to go and meet one person or ten but I don't feel the need to go around complaining if there's no-one of interest to me. Next time there probably will be and that's that.

Personally I'm try to really restrict my spending this year so not having lots of people I want to meet suits me quite well though there's starting to be a few now.

I no that but what about the ones that have been killed of they where announced they would be very popular

Even if they were killed off they can have other commitments. People (myself included) have been asking for Bones guests since season 1. And now finally Eric Millegan is appearing - who also has not been on the show for quite a while.

SM are watching theguest suggestions topics, but sometimes we just have to wait. They are really not ignoring a fandom on purpose.

GOT is ridiculously popular right now, nearly everyone I know is watching it or at least talking about it, however it's really not my thing, I've tried and just can't seem to get into it but I do know loads of people who will be very happy when I point them in the direction of this event.

In other news though The Vampire Diaries is also very very popular/hot can we maybe expect to see some guests from that at these type events???

I don't watch GoT, I tried, but I just didn't like it. However, I'm happy for all GoT fans, because I know how great it feels when SM announces more guests from *your* favorite show. Biggest reason why I think SM hosts the best conventions, is the huge amount of guests, equally from different shows and decades. The high number of GoT guests doesn't bother me, as long as there are other good guests too. (which I know will happen!)

• 2 weeks later...

For me the GoT guests are fantastic, I didn't see season 1 when it first aired, so I missed out on the GoT guests that did the shows at that time. Being totally hooked on it now I hope they get more and re-invite guests that have already appeared. I'm guessing GoT will have a pretty short shelf life and maybe only a few more seasons will come, I hope not but thats my guess.

Walking Dead is red hot as well at the moment but due to the cast almost all being US based then its not cheap to bring them over PLUS I bet you find that the fees these guys ask for are a hell of a lot higher then the UK based GoT guests. I am a massive Walking Dead fan by the way and would also love to see more guests from it.

SM do a great job in my opinion and whilst I'm not always overjoyed with the guest list they always seem to have at least a few I want. At least when this happens the bank manager (wife) is happy :)

Fon

I don't watch it.

Tried watching one episode and someone fell onto a road or something and splattered his or her head open then Charles Dance was branding a cow or something and there was talk of someone coming.

But I do remember there was a scene where some guy was talking about something or other whilst there were two Girls not wearing that much becoming rather friendly with each other and I thought "Blimey, its the biological channel!!!"

I know that Lena Headey Phwoooar! Is in it, as is Sean Bean and Charles Dance but couldn't tell you what it's about.