VERY BIG Guest Announcement for monday at 7 pm

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dan Akyroyd would be fantastic as I'm fan of Ghostbusters and Blues Brothers, but I would also be very happy with any Ghostbuster cast (including Sigourney Weaver and Rick Moranis).

Bill Murray would certainly get me very excited but I can't see him doing conventions, would be cool though if he did turn up!

Would John Cleese be classed as very big? Would love to meet him!

Ah, there are so many that I would love it to be, counting down the hours now!

Oh please, yes! John Cleese would be soooo brilliant! :P As would any of the Monty Python team.. though I know one of them has done an event before, not sure on the other guys. :pyth:

Ian McDiarmid? That would be one hell of a coup to get Ian to attend seeing how he is with not wanting to touch Star Wars, but would defnitely make a lot of sense though and would be a pretty big Fanboy score.

Gillian Anderson? That would also be a good coup but many know how she feels about signing X-Files.

Ian has signed Star Wars merchandise though. The most recent that I am aware of being last year. . I would actually like his autograph for his apperance on Inspector Morse as well as Star Wars. I would be surprised if it is him though. Likewise with Gillian.

I know that he's done it in the past but due to ebayers stopped, he signed last year? Was this at a con/signing?

Agreed, would be very surprised if it was both :)

I know that he's done it in the past but due to ebayers stopped, he signed last year? Was this at a con/signing?

Agreed, would be very surprised if it was both :)

I keep forgetting we are in a new year :P It may have been the year before. A private signing.

Fingers crossed, it's Kevin Smith!

i was just about to post the same thing! Book store signings and panels aside, i don't think hes ever done a signing! He would be perfect, hes a fanboy like us and has his hand in many pies! Plus at "get old" on saturday he did say he'd be back during the year. I'll be at work when the announcement goes live but i hope its a good one! : )

Ryan Reynolds ?

It would fit in terms of a big guest and certainly in terms of films and comic connections, with him playing Green Lantern.

I was starting to think more of somone like a Joss Whedon or Kevin Smith though as options as well again with a film and comic connections.

A reliable source informs me that it's Ryan Reynolds.

You've read it first, here.

The voices in your head?

im a rare breed, Im a straight man and I like ryan reynolds as an actor, lolid be very happy for him to be a guest at a con, (wasnt he rumoured for thalt that shall not be named a year or 2 ago but nothing came of it) saying this , I cant see this announcement being him, i see this announcemtn being more someone who even if some ppl are not interested in they will all know and respect (if thats the right word) and have been in the game a while.

A reliable source informs me that it's Ryan Reynolds.

You've read it first, here.

The voices in your head?

im a rare breed, Im a straight man and I like ryan reynolds as an actor, lolid be very happy for him to be a guest at a con, (wasnt he rumoured for thalt that shall not be named a year or 2 ago but nothing came of it) saying this , I cant see this announcement being him, i see this announcemtn being more someone who even if some ppl are not interested in they will all know and respect (if thats the right word) and have been in the game a while.

Well I do agree on that, this feels like its a big actor in the sense its an actor who is not famous for one thing only, but has lots of famous roles in the bagage. In other words not a onetrick pony (No matter how great trick)

Edited by Wondermoose

I've just had a thought - yep my head really hurts now ha ha ha.

Whilst being on my Twitterthingamyjig I saw one of the people I'm following and thought how he would be absolutely perfect - although seeing his cult status for the best part of several decades I'm sure he must have done another convention somewhere.

The one... The only...

WAX ON! WAX OFF!

Himself.

Ralph Macchio.

Come on, someone tell me hes done something before and that he wont be here :)

I've just had a thought - yep my head really hurts now ha ha ha.

Whilst being on my Twitterthingamyjig I saw one of the people I'm following and thought how he would be absolutely perfect - although seeing his cult status for the best part of several decades I'm sure he must have done another convention somewhere.

The one... The only...

WAX ON! WAX OFF!

Himself.

Ralph Macchio.

Come on, someone tell me hes done something before and that he wont be here :)

COME ON MACCHIO !!