David Tennant Photo Ops

DavidB

Ah thanks for letting me know. I guess I'll be queueing up on the day :c
I may be misunderstanding you here, but if you mean queuing up to purchase a David Tennant photo shoot at the event then that won't be possible. When they sell out at the online shop then that is it.

Don't know if it also happens with photoshoots, but I do know with convention tickets there have been cases where people have bought them, their payment method has failed, and despite being contacted by the shop, they have failed to produce the funds in a reasonable amount of time, so the tickets that they were going to buy have been put back on sale.

Not sure if this would also happen with sold-out photoshoots, but might it be worth having the occasional look at the shop over the next week or so, just on the off-chance?

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im curious, for those who dont cos play and arnt attracted to DT so wont be asking for hugs ect, what will u pose with your second photo? or 3rd photo as some have, shake hands?

I thought about a second (and if it had been another day I would of) but same day same moment in time, I thought pointless for me, as im not one to have the balls to ask for poses and i dont fancy him so dont want a hug lol. so I just stuck with one. in its place I bought 3 photo ops, georgia, hitler/Churchill and francis.

I only have the one but I doubt there will be time for poses really. Karen's shoot was fast as lightning. Did anyone get a pose with her?

Hi

Does anyone know whether giving small gifts to actors is allowed? Is there any time at all 2 speak 2 the guests at autographs or is it going 2 be mega rushed through(speaking of DT in paticular). Just wondered if for £45 for an autograph will be worth it if we cant have a few words. I dont mean a long conversation obviously. Thanks

• Moderators

Karen's crew member took gifts for her last time at the signing, but it has to be done very quickly. Everyone got a couple of words with her.

If you want to give a gift to David then yes, the autograph signing is the only place for it.

Hi

Does anyone know whether giving small gifts to actors is allowed? Is there any time at all 2 speak 2 the guests at autographs or is it going 2 be mega rushed through(speaking of DT in paticular). Just wondered if for £45 for an autograph will be worth it if we cant have a few words. I dont mean a long conversation obviously. Thanks

In my experience, even with the bigger guests, there'll be a small window of opportunity for a few words :P

As for gifts, I've seen them given to just about every guest, so yeah, you should be fine :D

Yay!

Do you think it's very likely poses will be out, otherwise it was pointless to buy multiple photo shoots for myself and I'm sure for others. I'm not thinking acrobatic hand stands here ppl jus maybe the odd back to back or sonic pointing lol

Well, you could always ask him. Since you have multiple tickets, you could certainly get a back to back. Just a guess, however.

If you are female, ask nicely David might do a pose similar to one I had done with Tobias M. from BSG :cylon: . He stood behind me with his arm round my shoulders which is more intimate and not so common as the standing side by side. I was quite smitten with Tobias. :poki::dance:

Kirstin did a pose with David Morrissey where they both posed with Sonic Screwdrivers and shouted Allonsey which was fun for her to do. It might be useful to bring props that are from Dr Who such as the screwdriver, glasses or a lei or a skull from Hamlet to make an interesting photo. :angel:

The only limit is not to be too personal and touchy feely with David and respect his boundarys. :clap::poki::P

Here are some examples of posed pics.

Untitled-3.jpg

2006_0101Feb0003.jpg

So you took over Neil for the picture with Karen!? Wow, it's amazing! Well done JMC! :jason:

And for the picture with Billie, may I ask when you took this picture? I'm going to see her in "Reasons to be pretty" but doubt it would be possible to have posed picture.

As you can see from the size of Kirstin, it was a while ago. Treats was playing in 2007 so Kirstin was 8.

My girls were both fans of Billie, Suzanne is only 5 years younger than BP so she has the CD's. Kirstin, grew up with Billie being an actress.

I remember David in Rab C Nesbitt, hilarious......

Edited by CurlyKirsty

I seem to remember some people got a hug from Karen Gillan, but that's as far as poses went (I think)

I've got a great photo of her holding my sonic screwdriver (And no, that's not a euphemism!)

Ahhhh cool, I haven't seen any poses......guess I was wrong :poki:

Karen did a lovely action pose with my son - although as his little legs had given way with excitement and he was on the floor she didn't have a lot of choice! :P

I seem to remember some people got a hug from Karen Gillan, but that's as far as poses went (I think)

I've got a great photo of her holding my sonic screwdriver (And no, that's not a euphemism!)

Ahhhh cool, I haven't seen any poses......guess I was wrong :poki:

Karen did a lovely action pose with my son - although as his little legs had given way with excitement and he was on the floor she didn't have a lot of choice! :P

Haha that sounds so sweet. I remember there were 2 kids waiting in the Queue who were so excited it was brilliant. Say I have a question just to get a rough idea of how crowded David's shoots are going to be how many Photo Shoot Tickets were sold? The usual 400?

I have a problem. :P I ordered my David photo ticket when they went on sale. But this past weekend my credit card account has been hacked and thousands of pounds has been taken out of it. The fraud team are investigating and fortunately I don't have to pay any of it back.

I got off the phone to them and then I remembered about my David ticket. Phoned them back to say that I had ordered it (I previously said I didn't recognise the transaction) and they said money hadn't been taken off my account yet, but it will. I don't understand as they are blocking my account. They are sending me a new card.

If there is a problem with payment will showmasters get in touch with me? I really can't believe it's happened at this moment in time. I'll be gutted if I miss out on the photo shoot.

I have a problem. :P I ordered my David photo ticket when they went on sale. But this past weekend my credit card account has been hacked and thousands of pounds has been taken out of it. The fraud team are investigating and fortunately I don't have to pay any of it back.

I got off the phone to them and then I remembered about my David ticket. Phoned them back to say that I had ordered it (I previously said I didn't recognise the transaction) and they said money hadn't been taken off my account yet, but it will. I don't understand as they are blocking my account. They are sending me a new card.

If there is a problem with payment will showmasters get in touch with me? I really can't believe it's happened at this moment in time. I'll be gutted if I miss out on the photo shoot.

Usually you will be contacted if there is a problem processing the payment. If you are then explain what has happened.

If there is a problem with payment will showmasters get in touch with me?

The transactions are done manually by Hazel and the team in the office. It would be best to explain the situation in an email, just to let them know. Hazel usually emails if there are any problems anyway. The email address is info@collectormania.com

Edit: 1of2 beat me to it

Edited by Beechy