aside from photos / autographs...how much spending money are you takin

Ive ordered my early bird tickets, plus my photos...

So money for things to buy and autographs etc - how much do you guys normally bring?

My biggest amount taken to any event was £500 to spend, plus I had my Debit Card. Thankfully I didn't use the Debt Card, but it was close.

All I did and do, is pre plan.

Not really sure how much I'll have, as I get paid this week but coz it's the end of the month, my bank will take anything they need (direct debits, account insurance etc) automatically. So I'll be bringing whatever I've got left over, and some of my savings (which isn't much, lol!) so I'm hoping it'll be around £200 if I'm lucky, but it's more likely to be around £120 or so.

For me it depends what's for sale. If I would see something on Friday and I won't have enough money with me on that day, I will take more money on Saturday. At CMMK I spend about 250 quid on trading cards (boxes and loose ones) and that wasn't the first time..

i have bought what i want already (photoshoots) so im only taking £50 -100 for the weekend for food and drink (at local supermarkets) as we are going self catering x do not need or want anything else as i do not collect memorabillia x im only coming for the meeting of my fave celebs x

I did a quick tot up on the autos this morning, it's coming in just under £200 for the lot, hubby says we have to cut down but I have a plan, some of the ones I have noted down are who the kids want to meet (like Camille from DW), so they can use there money to pay for there autos!!

I think we will take £50.00 each day for the traders, and then take some lunch with us etc...THIS WON'T happen tho!!, we will get far to excited and take everything that we can find moneywise and blow the lot....were not having a summer hol now so this is our treat......ooh so was CM!!!

My photo shoots total including the ones i still need to buy £398

then there is the gold pass which was £175

plus £300 for sat and the same for sunday

My total for just the show this year is £1173 :unsure:

Andt thats not including the cost for hotel and food or getting around :P

• Showmasters Admin

I'll bring 235 quid to spend at the convention. I would have brought more if I didn't have a limit to how much my bag can weigh.

Why the weigh limit issue, are you bringing the money in pennies? :lol:

I'll bring 235 quid to spend at the convention. I would have brought more if I didn't have a limit to how much my bag can weigh.

Why the weigh limit issue, are you bringing the money in pennies? :lol:

I know £5 notes are like gold dust because of autographs that are £15 or £25 and most people have only £10 and £20 notes, but I've not missed a post explaining that you've lowered autograph prices to £9.99 and £19.99 to suddenly need a load of pennies for change have I?

• Showmasters Admin

Why the weigh limit issue, are you bringing the money in pennies? :borg:

I know £5 notes are like gold dust because of autographs that are £15 or £25 and most people have only £10 and £20 notes, but I've not missed a post explaining that you've lowered autograph prices to £9.99 and £19.99 to suddenly need a load of pennies for change have I?

Nooooooooooo, no and no. It's going to be interesting enough with the front door being £12 and £6 and us needing £1 coins by the bucket load. We're not having pennies too :lol: