Important: Guest Days

showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

we will be running this event over the three days and its still a little way out so most of you have not booked travel , so i just wanted to warn you all that each day will have around the same amount of guests each day .

there will be many that will only be attending one of of the days and we plan to have a big guest on each of the days that is only attending that day more news on this as we have it , but i just wanted you all to be in the loop on this before hand .

its looking ot be a good line up and many more to come :wub:

jason :clap:

sounds great, however for those of us trying to traverse the convention wars I fear missing a big guest on the sat :-(

why do I get the feeling I maybe doing ALOT of travel on the sat between locations, I hope not.

look forward to the next annoucements

......we plan to have a big guest on each of the days that is only attending that day more news on this as we have it , but i just wanted you all to be in the loop on this before hand .

its looking ot be a good line up and many more to come ;)

jason ;)

Don't mean to sound greedy as the line-up so far is pretty dang good (with a nice mix of Star Trek/Stargate/HP/being Human/Spooks etc etc) but are you saying that you still have a big guest to announce for each day in addition to the people we already have ????

I have to commend the Showmasters team on consistently getting increasingly impressive guests and keeping the fans in the loop so far in advance....

(see ..even though I do complain about stuff I do give credit where credit is due :D )

Edited by 1of2

Hi QS

Would it be possible to put back up my comment and remove the reference to other conventions? (tried to PM or mail you but board wouldn't allow).

PM's are disabled on here. E-mail should work but I think QS has been having issues with hers recently.

I have restored/edited for you.

we will be running this event over the three days and its still a little way out so most of you have not booked travel , so i just wanted to warn you all that each day will have around the same amount of guests each day .

there will be many that will only be attending one of of the days and we plan to have a big guest on each of the days that is only attending that day more news on this as we have it , but i just wanted you all to be in the loop on this before hand .

its looking ot be a good line up and many more to come :thumbup:

jason :D

Hopefully there will be enough notice of each BIG guest so to have chance to get some great collectables signed.

ok the issue i have those of us that are travelling from afar and not wishing to have the extra expense of hotel costs etc surely if guest are booked only for certain days like one day at a time surely some people will miss out if this happens

will sm be providing a signed service whereby preorders can be made at the organisers desk incase of missing anyone on later days etc

just a question :)

Guys, sorry, but can we please stop this discussion now?

The forum rules say you can't discuss other shows on here, and we're right in the middle of a discussion what others shows may be doing right or wrong now.

Thank you for understanding.

Why can't we discuss other shows, most of us collectors couldn't care less who runs conventions and events or makes money out of them, its just about the guests for us and enjoying our hobby. Delete it if you feel you need to be so protective but you know its true B)

• Moderators

will sm be providing a signed service whereby preorders can be made at the organisers desk incase of missing anyone on later days etc

There's the pre-order service that tenth planet run for all the SM events - the days each guest will be attending is almost always posted before the event, so you'll know in advance whether you'll miss a guest and want to pre-order instead...

Why can't we discuss other shows, most of us collectors couldn't care less who runs conventions and events or makes money out of them, its just about the guests for us and enjoying our hobby. Delete it if you feel you need to be so protective but you know its true :thumbup:

Haven't we gone through this a while ago? ;)

This is not about me being protective. I have to eventually enforce the forum rules. I try to not be too strict, but the discussion that got deleted went way too far.

This is a quote from the rules post in General Chat, I think that one answers your question pretty well.

R3: Not mentioning or referring to other events and organisations!

Not naming or referring to other events is a standard rule across all event forums.

You have to understand that SM is a business and this forum does cost money to run and is a big investment. SM have built up one of the biggest show forums in the UK. It is frequented by a very large number of event attendees and so is a very large advertising platform. Advertising other events can take money away from Showmasters and so please do understand why as a company they do not wish for other events to profit from their forum.

I'm sorry if this seems selfish to you but honestly why should SM allow others to profits from their forum? Let's say one day someone (not even a Cineworld employee) came along and put up a sign on the front of your home advertising a new Cineworld cinema. The sign being there isn't costing you anything, your wall was already there, why shouldn't they just use your wall? Because at the end of the day it is YOUR wall and you would expect them to have at least asked you first, and to be honest paid you to use your wall! Well this is SMs wall and in the same way as you'd at least expect someone to ask you to put up that sign, they are asking that you get their permission to put information about other companies on their wall. No it doesn't cost them anything directly, the forum is already here, but it is still their forum and so they have the right to say what it is and isn't used for.

Or to use another example: Tesco wouldn't like it either if you started to discuss their competitor's adverts on a forum maintained by them.

As it's been said in the quote, it's the same rules on the competitors' forums, unless I have missed some major changes.

I know that there's other shows just as well as you do, but here is not the place for discussion about them. There's a lot of non-organiser run forums where you can do that.

• 3 weeks later...

Not long to wait now. The 'one day only' big guests will surely be announced soon! :D

Yeah just about a month to go! Cant wait to see who they've managed to bag :dance:

surely they wont be US stars, it makes no sense financially to bring us stars over for 1 day of a 3 day event , not deliberately anyway and I doubt they would want to, 2x 6 plus hour flights and a convention appearance in MK sandwiched in-between?

expect UK stars, unless there are some US ones already over here or coming here.

will be interesting. surely there are still a good few guests to yet be announced? looking forward to hearing them