Important: Guest Days

showmasters

surely they wont be US stars, it makes no sense financially to bring us stars over for 1 day of a 3 day event , not deliberately anyway and I doubt they would want to, 2x 6 plus hour flights and a convention appearance in MK sandwiched in-between?

expect UK stars, unless there are some US ones already over here or coming here.

will be interesting. surely there are still a good few guests to yet be announced? looking forward to hearing them

Why not - Nimoy two years ago - got through over thousand virtual tickets and several hundred photoshoots, so easily covers their appearance fee (if they are big / popular enough that is).

surely they wont be US stars, it makes no sense financially to bring us stars over for 1 day of a 3 day event , not deliberately anyway and I doubt they would want to, 2x 6 plus hour flights and a convention appearance in MK sandwiched in-between?

expect UK stars, unless there are some US ones already over here or coming here.

will be interesting. surely there are still a good few guests to yet be announced? looking forward to hearing them

Why not - Nimoy two years ago - got through over thousand virtual tickets and several hundred photoshoots, so easily covers their appearance fee (if they are big / popular enough that is).

but he didnt then get on a plane did he the same day and go home? and even so, financially for SM it doesnt make sense to actively get a big us star on 1 day only, how much money would they throw away not to have at least the weekend? crazy.

no way it will happen unless!!!!!! said star is only available on 1 day ect, thats a different story, but will be impressive if SM can find 3 big us stars who all are only available for 1 day separate to each other lol

so yer, cant see the 1 day stars being US stars unless they are already in/coming to the uk for whatever reason. which is possible I guess

just my opinion

I am still holding out for a Lord of the rings star or a big Doctor Who Star

already 2 big who stars!!

2 doctors

plus K9 and a companion and a 2 time baddie.

im still hoping for more though ;-)

but he didnt then get on a plane did he the same day and go home? and even so, financially for SM it doesnt make sense to actively get a big us star on 1 day only, how much money would they throw away not to have at least the weekend? crazy.

no way it will happen unless!!!!!! said star is only available on 1 day ect, thats a different story, but will be impressive if SM can find 3 big us stars who all are only available for 1 day separate to each other lol

so yer, cant see the 1 day stars being US stars unless they are already in/coming to the uk for whatever reason. which is possible I guess

just my opinion

I am still holding out for a Lord of the rings star or a big Doctor Who Star

already 2 big who stars!!

2 doctors

plus K9 and a companion and a 2 time baddie.

im still hoping for more though ;-)

I can only attend Sat so wont be able to meet them so hopeing for a Doctor Who star for sat

janet lives abroad still I think? but im sure she will be at a 10th planet event over the next year or so.

yep Im also hoping for tom (but not on the sat lol) hopefully some time this year he will be at a con. would love to meet him again

janet lives abroad still I think? but im sure she will be at a 10th planet event over the next year or so.

yep Im also hoping for tom (but not on the sat lol) hopefully some time this year he will be at a con. would love to meet him again

Whats tom like never met him before.

brilliant, how you see him as the doctor and in interviews and on commentaries on the dvds, he is exactly the same, bonkers, lovely, naughty, funny, he is hilarious with his talks/stories, Im lucky to of met him 3 times now, my first time was at lfcc09, he was my first ever guest meet, first ever photo shoot and he started talking to me, i was like a deer in headlights, second time was at time quest2, his talk was so funny, he is great value. so good with the fans, 3rd time was at last years CMMK. he came on the monday.

Edited by timelord81r

brilliant, how you see him as the doctor and in interviews and on commentaries on the dvds, he is exactly the same, bonkers, lovely, naughty, funny, he is hilarious with his talks/stories, Im lucky to of met him 3 times now, my first time was at lfcc09, he was my first ever guest meet, first ever photo shoot and he started talking to me, i was like a dear in headlights, second time was at time quest2, his talk was so funny, he is great value. so good with the fans, 3rd time was at last years CMMK. he came on the monday.
In full agreement. You never now what he is going to say next :WAVE:

I know moderators don't exactly speak for SM and I'm not trying to create an argument or attack anyone here but the following is taken from the "Big Guests" topic on the Collectormania 17 page partly in reference to what makes a big guest and partly in relation to big guest attending each of the 3 days.

Personally I'm pretty happy with the guests so far but I have lowered my expectations for a BIG guest to attend each of the 3 days .........

Plans can change. It's that simple. No one has promised anything; any convention organiser can have the best of intentions, only for things to fall apart................

Truth is the 'big guest' statement is never EVER going to be simple.

.....so until we hear a RE-confirmation of the OP lets just manage expectations......

No Janet's UK based - she used to be Paul McGann's agent.

I've only seen her twice in 8 years.

• 2 weeks later...

Only 18 days left. When are the big guests going to be announced? Will they be announced before the online shop closes? assuming there will be photoshoot options available for them.

Your not the only one i am wanting to no as well u never no we might get one 2morro

Guys, sorry, but can we please stop this discussion now?

The forum rules say you can't discuss other shows on here, and we're right in the middle of a discussion what others shows may be doing right or wrong now.

Thank you for understanding.

Why can't we discuss other shows, most of us collectors couldn't care less who runs conventions and events or makes money out of them, its just about the guests for us and enjoying our hobby. Delete it if you feel you need to be so protective but you know its true :thumbup:

If I see someone requesting a guest, and they have no clue that guest is appearing 'elsewhere', how can I as a fellow fan let them know about it, if there's no pm (assume I don't use twitter/facebook) available?

It was pretty quiet on the Monday last year, most guests seemed to have open queues most of the day. Only thing was that was a four day event so I suspect most punters had shot their bolt by then.

Only thing will be if this thing of having a big name guest appearing one day only does come off then it might make the Monday busier.