Spending money

Hey everyone

As a first time attendee I don't wanna take too much but don't wanna leave myself short either. I have a silver ticket so don't have to worry about photos just my food drink and merchandise I may wanna buy etc.

So my question is what's a good recommended amount to take?

I've started saving my £2 coins and am putting money away weekly I just need a rough idea

thanks x

I was a first timer at ET3 and spent a fortune on stuff in the merchandise room.....and i bought 2 lots of photos as i bought my friends too.....it depends how excited you get about things!!!! I got too carried away.....and i never spent any money on food as we took our own. so it really depends how well you can control yourself in a room full of twilight goodies.

The first thing that comes to mind is the age old question, "How long is a piece of string."

Ask other friends who have been before, have an idea in your head as to what exactly you will be wanting to buy there, add a bit for food/drink etc and then of course add up the price of the most essential Autographs you'll want and then look at your calculations and see if this is all realistically reasonable for you.

Its one of those things that only the strong minded can stay within their budget, whereas the rest of us simply get carried away.

Me and my friend tend to spend about £20 on a little food shop before we go :D So I normally have about £100 in my purse with me for the actual con...I don't do guest encounters yada yada...I'm quiet well behaved really :P ha!

I tend to buy extra autos for my scripts and stuff so spend very little in the dealers rooms but tbh I could probably get a week in florida for the total spending I clock up for the whole weekend ticket and hotel and trains etc

i spent about £250 including food, breakfast is handy if u have it later, also i saw people taking muffins or making sandwiches for their lunch, probably not allowed to, but then no one ever said they got told of by staff for doing so, so i might b cheeky and give that a try this time around lol

also in the dealers room, if u leave it till the sunday, it seemed prices dropped alot, i got £10 off one merc item i got simply coz he wanted to clear his stuff and go home with as little stock as possible, so holding out till sunday for some things might be and idea?? tho it cud have just been luck and a one off, im not sure as et3 was my first.

The first con I went to I spent money on anything I could get my hands on!

But I can definitly say I spent less at the other 2.

so it definitly depends on how excitable you are :dance:

I am hopefully have about £100 for the con (after paying for photoshoots as im standard) and then money for a ET5 ticket (if I havent already got one).

Edited by supajulz

I only have a standard ticket, so i have to buy photos with certain guests. But including that with everything else i normally spend between £60-100. I've never spent more than £100, and that was ET3 where i got extra auto's too. The hotel menu's are pricey, but there are fast food places nearby, and Showmasters normally put on a discounted food court too.

As everyone has pretty much said it does really depend on the individual on how much you will spend.....

However i went Gold at ET3 and am for ET4 and ET5 too.....but i still bought extra pics with 2 guests.. Kiowa and Jamie.... and will be doing so at ET4 too......

And then i didn't actually buy anything from the dealers room but managed to have enough cash on me to do an encounter.......which i am hoping to do 2 of at ET4..................depending obviously on prices...if i don't have enough cash i don't actually want to but may have to put it on the credit card.........

Food and stuff...well we went to a supermarket before getting there...and that helped as the hotel is expensive and we didn't want to leave the hotel at any point to go for food......

Sorry not much help i know...................but hopefully you'll be able to save enough for whatever goodies you want... :dance:

I'm asking a possibly blonde question, but people keep referring to guest encounters, and someone on here said,

"This time I'm getting a couple of photos (because how could I choose one from this lineup?!), and I'm saving up for my very first guest encounter. biggrin.gif Guest encounters can vary massively - I've seen some non-Twilight guests go for a fiver, but I've also seen it get close to triple figures. "

I thought guest encounters were just photos but now I'm thinking not...??

• Moderators

Guest encounters are basically one guest, 12 attendees round a table for about an hour to just have a chat, ask questions etc. The places in these encounters are done via a sort of silent auction process. There's more information about them in the 'How Things Work' thread.

I think I spent about £8 in the dealer's room at ET3, & like £10 at ET2/Proms. I'm a good girl :)

Spent £45 at the Proms auction though.

My downfall is alcohol.... & junk food from Tesco :)

I just got my prepaid mastercard in, and what I'm gonna do is set up a standing order so that like 40-50 pounds goes in a month. This is just for photoshoots and stuff though. Just incase I dont have any moolah cuz its the end of the month lmao.

At ET2 I took £300 and came home with £80. That covered my photo's (£55) and I bought a Authograph of Peter thinking he wouldn't do 2 uk Conventions (£25) and a few bits and bobs from the dealers room. Plus food and Drink. Taxi's from the hotel I was staying at too the Park Inn everyday.

EDIT: They range from different prices. So far the cheapset I've heard about was £11 and most pricey was £45. It depends on how popular the actor/ess are I think. You can always try and win a seat. I did it for ET2 and won for Both Rachelle and Chaske. Cost me £10 for both :)

Edited by ~Jenny~

What is a guest encounter!?

You basically have tea / coffee with the guest you choose to have the encounter with. There is the guest and 12 attendees and you just sit and chat with them for about 45 mins. 10 places at the encounter are auctioned off over the weekend and 2 are raffled off

PS the auctions are silent and there is a sheet put up somewhere - 1 for each of the guests