UK TV show cons ? would you go to an event like this ?

showmasters

236 members have voted

1. 1. vote for a single show you would go to a con for

• Ashes to Ashes / Life on Mars
    • Spooks
    • Law & Order: UK
    • Hustle
    • Merlin
    • Skins
    • Paradox
    • Robin Hood
    • The Tudors
    • Survivors
    • Day of the Triffids
    • Bring human
  2. 2. vote if you think this combination works for a con

• Spooks , Hustle
    • Merlin , Robin Hood
    • Paradox , Survivors
    • Bring Human , Life on Mars
    • Robin Hood , The Tudors
    • Day of the Triffids , Paradox
    • Law & Order: UK , Spooks
  3. 3. vote if you think more shows in one con would also work

• Spooks , Hustle , Life on Mars
    • Robin Hood , The Tudors , Merlin
    • Day of the Triffids , Paradox , Survivors
    • Bring Human , Life on Mars , Paradox

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

arghhhh bloddy merlin winning again lol, I did like this show but robinhood overall was rubbish (am im a robinhood tv show/movies fan), id really like a uk crime con that had spooks, hustle, law and order uk, life on mars, ashes to ashes, paradox, though I recon a merlin robinhood con would be easier to draw the main name guests, still surprises me how strong the merlin support is on here even though I liked it I didnt think it was as good as spooks or life on mars for example.

• Moderators

Personally, I think mixing 2/3 shows together for a weekend con is really rather dangerous - unless the vast majority of the fanbase for one likes the other(s) too, you'd end up with a LOT of people hanging off for a long time on buying a ticket as they waited to see what the guest balance was like.

Of all the shows mentioned, I only watch(ed) Merlin, Robin Hood and Being Human - Merlin is probably the only one I'd splash out on a weekend for, and I know there are probably a lot of fans of one of those three shows that don't like at least one of the other two.

I cast my vote, but if there had been an 'I don't think a mix of shows would work' option on polls 2 or 3, I'd have chosen that.

Merlin, Merlin, Merlin!!!!

:drunk:

=x=

Word on this Gemma!

Kip

That's just for crossovers too and then there's plenty of actors you could get who's just been in one of the programmes. I'm sure Bradley James (Arthur) would be one of the most popular guests from Merlin if you could get him there and I really do feel that a mixed Merlin/new series Doctor Who convention could work. I know that I'd definitely buy a Silver ticket as soon as they went on sale as I'm sure many other people would too. Does anyone else agree and would anyone else attend? :D

Nope, if it was mixed with DW I wouldn't buy a ticket because I have no interest in the show. Besides wouldn't the best way to mix DW guests from the new series be to add them to the line-ups of the Invasion/Dimension events? Michelle Ryan was announced at one point, so it's clearly on SMs mind...

I agree if Dr Who was announced in the mix I'd be put off going also as while I love Torchwood I can't really stand DW also it's a fairly different show to Merlin Merlin yes would love to see that happen so much Bradley James is HOT :D

Good plan, Doctor Who! I should have thought of that myself! :D

Personally I think there should be an Ultimate Force con but I'd be there on my own unless Jamie Bamber was announced, I fear... xD

i love ultimate force especially the first 2 seasons, ross kemp, jamie bamber would be brilliant

Merlin, Robin Hood, Being Human, Life On Mars/Ashes to Ashes would all make me happy. Very happy. Thank you :dance: Plus as has been said before a lot of the actors in these shows have been in Doctor Who. Michelle Ryan, Colin Morgan, Anthony Stewart Head, Harry Lloyd (for the love of God SOMEONE bring us Harry Lloyd), Russell Tovey etc.

I applaud the fact that SM and ME are willing to maneuver within the format to make it work,

going to this type of convention is on my bucket list,

perhaps this idea could be extended to films?

My own dream convention would be Star Wars, Clone Wars the animated series, Star Wars The Clone Wars

(Genndy Tartakovsky cartoons)

not really likely to happen in this country though.

I would be willing to share with LOTR or Star Trek or most things if the guests were decent.

I'd love to see some Star Wars guests this year without having to run into Mickey Mouse!

Nothing there to interest me enough to buy a ticket, I guess I'm just a sucker for all the American tv shows haha.

:)

Me too. Ive never watched any of those and never really wanted to.

That said, Im probably missing out.

I have to say that there is not a single show on there that interests me one iota. Sorry SM, but they'd be more events I wouldn't go to and thereby spend money on - I'm all for the big old CM type ones

ok but i do not understand why you even posted in the first place ? as we still run CM and will always will , but we are looking at ways to run events for UK TV shows and this is the best way to find out what fans of those shows want .

i am not being funny i just do not see why you posted in this thread CM events will keep happing :lol:

jason :whistling:

I posted because the thread was entitled 'Would you go to an event like this?' so I answered and my answer is no, I wouldn't :lol: I know the CM events will carry on but I have to say I haven't attended them since I've started going to the weekend ones as 2 Hubs for example are an equivalent spend to 2 CM:MKs and probably an LFaCC too. I'm not interested in any of the TV shows listed but they do have actors whose autos I'd get if they were at a signing event; I certainly wouldn't pay for a weekend ticket for them though. That's the reasoning behind my post, hope you can see I'm just registering as a conscientious abstainer in this particular poll :)

I'd rather there wasnt joint cons, especially if it ends up being a show I really like with one I have no interest in whatsoever.

Ashes to Ashes/Life on Mars is THE con I really want SM/ME to run. But I would want that to be its own con, its already two shows.

None of those joint cons interest me but I had to vote for my Ashes/Mars one to count.

Edited by BeatrixKiddo88

One thing I'd be worried about, one side/3rd of a joint con getting more guests than the other/s

Not deliberatly, but it might be how it ends up working out. Meaning if I went to one for say, Ashes/Mars, there may only end up being one guest from that but multiple ones from shows I dont like/care for.

Wouldnt want to pay for a whole weekend con like that, even if its the only way to get a con for a show I like.

I voted the Merlin options for all 3 as there was no option not to vote in the last 2 sections. I doubt I would go to a con of 2 or more shows unless I loved all of the shows. I wouldn't want to pay out the amount for a weekend con for only a couple of guests I'd want to meet. Merlin/Robin Hood doesn't appeal to me as, although I liked RH, I have no desire to meet the cast. Pretty much the same with Merlin/RH/Tudors - I'd want to meet Jonathan Rhys Meyers from the Tudors, but that's it, I don't care about the rest of the cast. Merlin though - they have a good solid main cast I'd love to meet, along with loads of guest stars that would be amazing. Also, Merlin is the only show I've made an effort to watch, the others I didn't mind if I missed.

And although I love Life on Mars, I've met John Simm and Philip Glensiter so I probably wouldn't bother to go to one. Although I'd love John Simm to be at an event like CM or LFCC - I'd love a professional photo with him!

Edited by lizzy88