Thoughts on Billy Dee Williams?

Princess83

Just wondering how other people found him to be at the weekend?

I thought he was quiet, but polite. He greeted me and shook my hand which was more than I'd expected, as people on here have complained about his attitude before. He was very sweet to an awe-struck little boy in front of me, which was really nice to see.

I was wary of meeting him because of what I'd read but I'm glad I did now, as he was fine. He seem very surprised when I praised him for Batman, rather than Star Wars.

Am glad to have his autograph in my collection. :)

Edited by Princess83

Well I met BDW Sunday and was amazed at how nice and friendly he was.He personalized my 8x10 and took an interest in the The Empire Strikes Back and Return Of The Jedi DVD sleeves I had him sign in fact he asked me why Lando was not pictured on the front or back of the The Return Of The Jedi DVD sleeve! I told him Empire had been on tv the night before and he laughingly admitted he saw a few minutes of it so I told him he was great in it but he just smiled modestly and said thanks!He happily posed for a photo' with me then I shook his hand and said goodbye..he smiled and said thank you..it never ceases to amaze me how people's experiences lurch from very good to terrible as I don't think Billy could have ben never nicer if he had tried!

my daughter got his autograph on Saturday (it was for my son an avid Star Wars fan - he couldn't make it to collectormania)

she said that Billy didn't make eye contact with her and she thought he gave the impression that he wished he was somewhere else. - shame really.

I was downstairs at the time having my photo taken with Misha Collins - if I had been there I think I might have said something.

Yeah I've heard a few things about the staff sitting next to Billy, and I ahd read some of the things said on the forum but when i met him on Saturday he was lovely, couldn't have been nicer. Didn't quite realise how old he was, as he was sitting down in the photoshoot. But at the signing he greeted me asked how I was and I had a nice little chat with him, in which I told him he still had a sparkle about him and that you could still tell who he was and his management sat next to him was actually nice as well - he gladly took the picture for me and it turned out well. All in all it was a great meeting

What a mixed bag of comments. I've met him twice before and found him the worst of all the SW guests when interacting with fans but it's good to see that some people had a good experience with him. Would have had a photoshoot pic done but could only make the sunday (so didn't bother coming down in the end as kersh had cancelled).

The guy with him wasn't Maki or one of his crew was it??

The guy helping was Derek Maki -a much maligned figure but was laughing and joking with me on the Sunday when I went to pass on my ESB poster for the Kersh signing he's holding in USA soon! BDW was better than he has been but people need to remember that he is or was on medication. He was very pleasant and talkative with me.

Glad Billy attended and glad I met him! Very polite and yes he was quiet, but then again so was I. For some reason he commands that extra bit of respect and I didn't want to disturb him whilst signing so I didn't actually say a lot apart from it was great to see him.

Like Cookies41 I didn't realise his age. I thought he was 10-12 years younger! I also thought he still has that Lando-esque glint in his eyes

Yeah I've heard a few things about the staff sitting next to Billy, and I ahd read some of the things said on the forum but when i met him on Saturday he was lovely, couldn't have been nicer. Didn't quite realise how old he was, as he was sitting down in the photoshoot. But at the signing he greeted me asked how I was and I had a nice little chat with him, in which I told him he still had a sparkle about him and that you could still tell who he was and his management sat next to him was actually nice as well - he gladly took the picture for me and it turned out well. All in all it was a great meeting

There was two guys in front of us and they asked his assistant and he flatly refused by waving them off and pointed to the que. also kept wispering in his ear the whole time so felt like i couldn't talk to him. Everyone else though was great and the crew were especially helpfull.

I met Billy at the MK show a few years ago and have to say I had a much better experience with him this time around.

Didn't really talk too much but I got eye contact and a smile with my handshake which is far more than I got last time and he appeared to be happy to have his photo taken with me where as last time he made it obvious it was a chore.

It was also nice to see him without his sun glasses and from geeky point of view he looked more like Lando with his tash, lol