SO WHO WOULD LIKE SHOWMASTERS TO RUN A SUPERNATURAL CONVENTION?

jvd737

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am all for SM/ME to have an SPN con.

I have been to a lot of cons, and never have I experienced something like this. Last weekend was chaos (not even organised chaos, just chaos) and the photoshoots was just the worst.

Mine are ok, but by the high standards we've come to expect from professinal shoots (SM standards in other words. Your photographer is the best) you pay a lot of money for, they were pretty poor.

There are reports of the photographer yelling at people when they asked if their pic was ok. That's just unacceptable, especially considering the poor quality of some of the final results. None are centered, people to one side of the pic, a lot of closed eyes, bad lighting, glare of glasses.

Also, at a photoshoot everyone should be treated the same as everyone paid the same amount of money. The fact that the 'no touching' rule did not apply to everyone is just unfair in my opinion.

So yes, when I get home I will join the group and hopefully SM/ME will listen and take it into consideration.

Edited by Patsie

I am all for SM/ME to have an SPN con.

I have been to a lot of cons, and never have I experienced something like this. Last weekend was chaos (not even organised chaos, just chaos) and the photoshoots was just the worst.

Mine are ok, but by the high standards we've come to expect from professinal shoots (SM standards in other words. Your photographer is the best) you pay a lot of money for, they were pretty poor.

There are reports of the photographer yelling at people when they asked if their pic was ok. That's just unacceptable, especially considering the poor quality of some of the final results. None are centered, people to one side of the pic, a lot of closed eyes, bad lighting, glare of glasses.

Also, at a photoshoot everyone should be treated the same as everyone paif the same amount of money. The fact that the 'no touching' rule did not apply to everyone is just unfair in my opinion.

So yes, when I get home I will join the group and hopefully SM/ME will listen and take it into consideration.

Totally agree!!!!! I think that is awful... You would think people would behave with some consideration to others especially when so many people are so unhappy with their photos!!!!

Ok so we really need this to happen. I posted a couple of my SM/ME photoshoots on the Facebook page to illustrate how a picture SHOULD look when you've forked out cash (also posted a non-photoshoot pic just because I liked it lol). So everyone should post their idea of what a good pic should look like! I don't mean you should be wrapped around the guest (well if you can do that then by all means) but I mean well taken, centred, with the guest and attendee actually fully in the pic! Go post people!

I know the photographer who was working at this event and I can assure you that having seen him work, he does not yell at attendees. There have been a number of things said about this guy concerning his conduct at the event all of which are simply not true.

Maybe if you have an issue with the photographs you received, you should take it up with him directly on that event's forum.

I know the photographer who was working at this event and I can assure you that having seen him work, he does not yell at attendees. There have been a number of things said about this guy concerning his conduct at the event all of which are simply not true.

1,500 people against one there... everyone I've spoken to has said the 2 worst things were the queues and the photos. I've seen some of the photos, and if they were mine, I wouldn't have let him get away with it- my 7 year old niece has taken better ones! Surely a pro should know how to even center the subjects in the photos?? Is this guy is your friend, you need to have serious words with him. What a shame when this is someone's job, and they just can't put in the effort.

1,500 people against one there... everyone I've spoken to has said the 2 worst things were the queues and the photos. I've seen some of the photos, and if they were mine, I wouldn't have let him get away with it- my 7 year old niece has taken better ones! Surely a pro should know how to even center the subjects in the photos?? Is this guy is your friend, you need to have serious words with him. What a shame when this is someone's job, and they just can't put in the effort.

So you spoke to all 1400 attendees whether they had a photo taken or not? I'm seriously impressed or did you just speak to a few people?

From the feedback on another forum there seems to be a generally high level of satisfaction from those who have posted. They say you can prove anything with statistics.

Nice animosity level you have going on there. Bit too defensive for just an attendee of another con don't you think?

No I've not spoken to that many people, however I've heard at least 50 say that they are unhappy, and nearly 70 posts on here complaining, plus a newly popular facebook group for people who were upset. FYI, there is a serious amount of censoring going on on that forum so nothing negative is allowed to stay. And read the photos thread, there are a few minor complaints they've allowed to stay.

I have read the thread and also know that there is no censoring other than when people seriously overstep the mark.

Your line about 1500 against one rather shows that you have damned the guy without hearing his side of events.

I was at the Autographica event in February last year and the SM photo studio was in the same corridor as the other guy. I saw some of the results from both studios and was staggered at how poor some of the Tony Curtis shots were compared to what was being produced down the corridor.

I have read the thread and also know that there is no censoring other than when people seriously overstep the mark.

Your line about 1500 against one rather shows that you have damned the guy without hearing his side of events.

I was at the Autographica event in February last year and the SM photo studio was in the same corridor as the other guy. I saw some of the results from both studios and was staggered at how poor some of the Tony Curtis shots were compared to what was being produced down the corridor.

Trouble is, there really is no excuse for him missing the fact that some people blinked in their pics is there? Myself, in my "Winchester Squeeze" pic (what a laugh that is!), my hair is floopping down over my face. The pic is awful. The photographer actually CHECKED the pic and said to me "Yep, that's fine!" It clearly wasn't! But I didn't want to moan to him cos looking at others pics, I was one of the lucky ones! If the SM photographer had been working the con, people would have been a lot happier and feel that splashing out £60.00 for a photo was worth it. Sorry, but thats just the truth of it.

SM - please run a SPN con. Although I am concerned as to whether we'd ever get Jensen and Jared back considering how they and their fans were treated over the weekend...

I will concur that Showmasters photos are BY FAR the best. I've had photos come back from another event, not centred properly, where I'm Casper in one photo and black in the next :help: Malcolm always does a good job. Out of 70 + photos he's taken of me I've only disliked one (because he missed me blinking) whereas, it's a 1 in 3 ratio with most other organisers.

• Moderators

Then don't post!

I watch it for many different reasons. It has a very strong dynamic between the two leads, some excellent supporting characters, a good overall arc but fantastic stand alone episodes too. And the show manages to mix emotional drama with comedy and other genres too.

And I don't fancy the two leads! I appreciate the show for what it offers.

Have you seen every episode of it? You'd be better off making a judgement on it if you have.

Have you seen every episode of it? You'd be better off making a judgement on it if you have.

I watched it when it started and Ive seen a fair few but never lasted a full episode recently.

Its a bit soapy for me and derivative.

Its well known the majority of people who watch it sit down to take a pee.

Theyve been told there wont be one yet they keep asking for one,i want to see how they get on.I know what its like to want something yet it falls on deaf ears.

Edited by Phantom