SO WHO WOULD LIKE SHOWMASTERS TO RUN A SUPERNATURAL CONVENTION?

jvd737

Thought Id come in here for a nose, then found myself typing this before I could stop myself.

I hate anything horror, because I am a complete loser, and you can feel free to make fun of me for it. But a while back I though id give Supernatural a try, because I knew it was supposed to be good.

Its not my kinda show, because i cant deal with things jumping out, or anything to do with the horror aspect of it.

But from what I saw I can say there is more to it than just having 2 good looking leads. Like David said it has good characters and mixes in a wide range of genres successfully.

Not everybody watches/likes stuff JUST because they find the cast good looking. Id like to think that everybody on the forums here isnt that shallow.

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not everybody watches/likes stuff JUST because they find the cast good looking. Id like to think that everybody on the forums here isnt that shallow.

Maybe thats my problem.

I dont think id have stuck with Buffy if the female cast were a bunch of dogs.

Im not saying it doesnt play its part. You dont have to reply so sarcasticly. I was just saying that if a good looking cast was all there was to a tv show, not that many people would watch it. There NEEDS to be more for fans to relate to.

I totally fancy the male leads. I've no idea what the show is about, I watch it on mute and just stare at the pretty boys.

that soo made me burst out with laughter,

as for the comments that totally didnt need to be brought up WHO CARES

its not about who fancys who or why people watch it, its about people wanting a convention for a show they watch and enjoy doing so, simple as that

I totally fancy the male leads. I've no idea what the show is about, I watch it on mute and just stare at the pretty boys.

As expected.

So thats why they call you big pants.

Come on lets not mess about its core audience is female.

Edited by Phantom

Steph you're kind of my hero.

yeh i get that alot no idea why... just dont stalk me lol

If people ONLY liked it for staring at cast members, then they wouldn't go to expensive cons, as they can stare at pictures for free :D

DAMN, why didnt i think of that last weekend :dance: i would of saved loads

Id rather have a horror con as opposed to a con for a horror - lite tv show that the majority of its fans watch because they fancy the 2 leads..

I think it's a fantastic show. It's witty, intelligent, fresh, the characters are well rounded and developed, and it's willing to be violent or relatively (for mainstream TV) gory where other shows of the genre often shy away. I don't much care whether the leads are attractive (although all three of the boys are conventionally attractive, as are all of the recurring women and most of the guest stars, just like, I don't know... EVERY OTHER SHOW ON TV?). My male friend thinks the same.

You see the problem as this:

- It's a crap show and only women are interested because they like staring at the boys

Perhaps the problem, by your OWN admission of watching Buffy, is this:

- A lot of men are shallow and will only watch a show if it has at least one leggy blonde lead female in the main cast. Preferably 2. If they're lesbians, even better.

Women are willing to watch a show that has two female leads, but less men are willing to watch a show with two males leads (in the same style/genre).

I don't much care whether the leads are attractive (although all three of the boys are conventionally attractive, as are all of the recurring women and most of the guest stars, just like, I don't know... EVERY OTHER SHOW ON TV?). My male friend thinks the same.

I dunno there have been some really ugly ******* on the new incarnation of Doctor Who and Ashes to Ashes.

One of the reasons new US shows dont work for me is because everyone is too damn perfect to be believable.Thats why the new series of V aint doing it for me as far as the trailer goes,they all look models.The old cast had some normal looking folk in there.

As for the two boys looks if the parts were originally played by say Jon Heder and Jack Black i dont think it would still be going.What they look like has played a huge part in its success and the amount of female members v males in this thread speaks volumes.

As for the lesbians in Buffy you got to be joking if you thought i got off on watching those two snogging.

Dru and Cordy swapping tongues...different story.

Edited by Phantom

Looks play a huge part in the success of any American TV show. Male and female alike. That's no reason to point out Supernatural as a specific example because I firmly believe that its quality is greater than many of the shows that really DO get by on looks and clothes (90210, Gossip Girl etc). I mean, hell, I'd happily turn on 90210 simply because I find Jessica Stroup's eyes fascinating. I've never felt that with Supernatural (and I'm a girl).

You missed the other part of my post. It's more likely that men are superficial and won't watch a show that doesn't have women in it.

Edited by Psychosis

so ok... i admit watching supernatural isnt exactly hard on the eyes. But that is far besides the point.

I watch supernatural because i love it. Not for any other reason.

Its about struggling through in the face of pretty much anything. its about having the strength to get through the worst. its about courage and passion. its about friends and most of all family. The dynamic between the two brothers really is at the heart of the show and i love it for that. they are by no means from a normal nuclear family, but thats ok. Those brothers would do pretty much anything for each other.

but anyway... this thread is about wanting SM/ME to do a supernatural con, which i very much do. It seems clear to me that some people just want to stir up trouble in what is bound to be a thread full of supernatural fans. I guess some people just like to look for a rise. lets not give them what they want.

moving on...

SM/ME HAVE to run a supernatural con for the love of my own sanity!!!

=x=

but anyway... this thread is about wanting SM/ME to do a supernatural con, which i very much do. It seems clear to me that some people just want to stir up trouble in what is bound to be a thread full of supernatural fans. I guess some people just like to look for a rise. lets not give them what they want.

Trying to stir up trouble on here is like trying to hand out speeding tickets at Formula 1.

Im not here to **** people off,now im sure you watch the show because "Its about struggling through in the face of pretty much anything. its about having the strength to get through the worst. its about courage and passion. its about friends and most of all family" but for a lot its just because they want to **** the leads.

You got to remember youre just part of a bunch of hardcore fans whilst the majority who watch wouldnt be seen dead at a con.Whilst you lot may watch for the drama first boys second there are a hell of a lot more out there who see this in reverse.

And what does that have to do with the thousands of hardcore fans that attend cons? I can't think of any other current show that has that kind of non-superficial impact.

When i get a bloke whos not also a fan of One tree Hill or Twilight telling me he digs this show ill listen.Its funny this and Twilight and this True Blood seem to be more popular than anything else at the mo.I wonder why.

When i get a bloke whos not also a fan of One tree Hill or Twilight telling me he digs this show ill listen.Its funny this and Twilight and this True Blood seem to be more popular than anything else at the mo.I wonder why.

My friend Simon would, if he could, take every known copy of OTH and Twilight in the universe and throw them all into a volcano.

He loves Supernatural. It's his favourite show.