SO WHO WOULD LIKE SHOWMASTERS TO RUN A SUPERNATURAL CONVENTION?

jvd737

The organisers werent the only ones to cause problems.

I'd only do an SM Supernatural con if all screaming, unruly fangirls, who think that rules about not queueing too early, stopping flash photography, not taking illicit pics of guests whilst stood in queues and not standing in guest talks don't apply to them, were banned! I've never seen such rude, ignorant behaviour from some fans as I did then. I was appalled by the number of fans who really had no respect for the guests, staff and other attendees.

No excuse for that sort of behaviour whatsoever.

Agreed. The organisers are only half the reason I don't go to that event anymore. Supernatural fangirls are like Twilight fangirls - intolerable. I wish there was a way of making it so that polite and reasonable fans ONLY could go. I might enjoy it more then.

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys, if this thread consists of only bitching (warranted as it may be) about another con and bitchiness towards other fans, then the chances of getting a Supernatural con will, IMO, be nil.

Let's keep it postive; why we love the show, what we hope the con can be, the diversity of fans and our belief that SM can do a really good good on this.

I don't want to have to fly to the US for a Supernatural con; I already have to go there for good Star Trek cons!!

I was just going to read this thread and go away but have found myself having to respond.

I agree that while last weeks event was ridiculously over populated and had some serious organisational issues (I was queueing for 10 hours on the Friday!) and i was also very dissapointed that the leads had introduced the no touching rule (my photo also felt very uncomfortable) there were a few points that I would like to mention:

- I managed to get 11 photos done and all of them came out fine (the ones with the other guests were lovely and huggy) and I found the photo studio people to be very polite.

- I got autographs from all of the guests

- I made it into at least half of a Q&A with every single guest that was there

- I made it into a coffee lounge which was very good.

i agree with the previous poster who said that a lot of problems weren't caused by poor organisation, the amount of silly screaming girls around was crazy and they did all seem to think that the rules applied to everyone but them, people were being very rude to staff and refused to get out of queues when their numbers hadn't been called and then moaned because they were missing the talks!

If you want respect, you have to give it - 2 way street! The staff were all very helpful and polite to me every time I asked a question.

So, i know a lot of people had a rough weekend and was sorry to hear that people got photos they weren't happy with but I honestly have to say that I had a fab time in the end!

The no touching rule had nothing whatsoever to do with the organisers and was a direct request from the guests because I heard them say it. That will probably be the rule forever more since some fans in Australia a few weeks back couldnt keep their grabby hands to themselves. Blame them for ruining things for everyone else.

And who else do we blame for the fiasco in Birmingham the other week?

You flamed me in the past for saying it, but now I got over 1,500 people who had a miserable time agreeing with me!

Supernatural fans deserve a first rate event, and an unprofessional, ameturish and shoddy cash in. It needs to be Showmasters / Massive Events!

Acceptr no substitute.

I have always had a great time at SM/ME cons (and that other organiser too!) and last weekend was a massive anti-climax and quite a nasty experience for me. Thats not what you pay a lot of money for. Especially, for me, the photo shoots. At C15 yesterday, ever shot I had taken came out really nicely and Im over the moon with them - I only got one good shot at the Spn con. (With Micha.)

I love SPN, it's my fave US show by far. I think the SPN fans deserve a well planned, professional event. Please SM, help us out here!

And re the fan girls. If the rules are actually enforced and they are told off for bad behaviour instead of ignored and allowed to run riot, then maybe they would behave better. Just a thought.

They were told off (politley i should add, at least the ones I saw were), but they still decided that those rules only applied to other people and carried on their own sweet way. Some of them were later to be seen complaining that they hadn't got stuff they wanted which was probably to do with having been sat in a queue they didn't need to be in and were told to leave for over an hour!

I am really sorry to hear that some people had a tough time, I just wanted to say that contrary to popular belief, there were quite a number of us who had a great weekend, caught up with friends and got everything done that we wanted to do at the con (despite being a little trying on the patience at times!).

:D

They were told off (politley i should add, at least the ones I saw were), but they still decided that those rules only applied to other people and carried on their own sweet way. Some of them were later to be seen complaining that they hadn't got stuff they wanted which was probably to do with having been sat in a queue they didn't need to be in and were told to leave for over an hour!

I am really sorry to hear that some people had a tough time, I just wanted to say that contrary to popular belief, there were quite a number of us who had a great weekend, caught up with friends and got everything done that we wanted to do at the con (despite being a little trying on the patience at times!).

:smile:

You make a good point that in a lot of cases after being asked not to take flash photographs or queue too early etc, they still went ahead and did it.

The no touch rule for Jensen and Jared was unfortunate but also was a direct result of the behaviour of some fans in Australia.

In more than 20 years of going to Doctor Who shows, I have NEVER seen a male fan touch a female actor inappropriately so why is it that a small number of female SPN fans feel that grabbing a male actor is acceptable.

I hope that this does not spoil future events worldwide for SPN fans as they are devoted to the show and the cast and don't deserve to all be tarred with the same brush because of a small minority who cannot control themselves.

At C15 yesterday, ever shot I had taken came out really nicely and Im over the moon with them - I only got one good shot at the Spn con. (With Micha.)

You were lucky, I had to leave without either of my photos for Browder or Nimoy on Saturday!

Bloody traffic apparently held up the toing and froing with photos.

Won't know how they came out until they arrive at home.

I actually dont think ME Run that great of cons and r better at the signings, yes the other con didnt run amazing well, but at the end of the day he needs to grow and learn, its really mean to flame the poor guy, and i think SM/ME do far too many cons why do they have to do a SM you still got to meet Jared and Jensen etc at the other con.

I actually dont think ME Run that great of cons and r better at the signings, yes the other con didnt run amazing well, but at the end of the day he needs to grow and learn, its really mean to flame the poor guy, and i think SM/ME do far too many cons why do they have to do a SM you still got to meet Jared and Jensen etc at the other con.

Who's flaming Jason? :D

Not him the organiser from the other spn event.

Edited by Charisma

Not him the organiser from the other spn event.

Ah, got you know. I need some glasses! lol

Indeed. As I said earlier, issues with other events should be raised on the other organisers forums really.

I guess the key for SM is that they need to know how manic such an event would be.

Key for me would be after Eclipse 1, is there's no way I'd attend an 800 attendee con at the Park Inn again. Hotel is way too small for that many folks. Felt very cramped at times.

Basically.. the way I look at it is this....

The Jensen and Jared " no touching rule".. I am wondering if this could have been inforced by the organisers as the only way they could get through the ammount of tickets sold would be too have the boys sat on chairs.... It is quicker to rush the guests through when you are plonking them next to guests on chairs!!!

We shall see when the next SPN con happens in the US... think it is in Aug and both Jensen and Jared are attending..... IF they are sat for photo shoots and I will take all this back....

But I wont take back the organised chaos that was the Friday registration, being yelled at by crew when raising concerns about the event.... and the state some of the photos are in.....

SM's have to run a SPN event... everyone get on the Facebook page and pledge your support.....

WE CAN MAKE IT HAPPEN

The Jensen and Jared " no touching rule".. I am wondering if this could have been inforced by the organisers as the only way they could get through the ammount of tickets sold would be too have the boys sat on chairs.... It is quicker to rush the guests through when you are plonking them next to guests on chairs!!!

We shall see when the next SPN con happens in the US... think it is in Aug and both Jensen and Jared are attending..... IF they are sat for photo shoots and I will take all this back....

The decision to sit was made by the actors and nobody else. If they decide to stand during any photo sessions in Canada again, it will be their decision but one likely to draw some disappointed comments from fans in the UK.

The decision to sit was made by the actors and nobody else. If they decide to stand during any photo sessions in Canada again, it will be their decision but one likely to draw some disappointed comments from fans in the UK.

Thats the issue isn't it... maybe now there will be a total across the board "rule" that they sit in photo shoots.. such a shame... fans ruining it for other fans......

• Moderators

Only thing that bothers me is when you see 95% of attendees getting the normal 'sit down' pic, and then you get a few people getting huggy ones. It needs to be something across the board if it's a problem, not allowing some to get preferential treatment.

But yes, the main point is that we'd like ME to do one.

Only thing that bothers me is when you see 95% of attendees getting the normal 'sit down' pic, and then you get a few people getting huggy ones. It needs to be something across the board if it's a problem, not allowing some to get preferential treatment.

Agreed!!

Missed the perfect opportunity over the weekend. Jason asked if he could cut in front of me and my daughter at Philip Glenister's photo shoot and I said 'sure' straight away and then kicked myself for not saying 'only if you put on a supernatural con'.

Damn my brain for working so slowly :blush:

But yes, the main point is that we'd like ME to do one.

Totally agree - we all paid the same ammount of money... everyone should have been treated the same....

Missed the perfect opportunity over the weekend. Jason asked if he could cut in front of me and my daughter at Philip Glenister's photo shoot and I said 'sure' straight away and then kicked myself for not saying 'only if you put on a supernatural con'.

Damn my brain for working so slowly B)

LOL.. Dont worry... Myself and my mates grabbed Jason and did a suitable ammount of begging!!!!!!!