Twitter

chrisrus

Just a quick question (as you can see I've not done the twitter thing yet)

But please can someone tell me what the point of twitter is, cause I personally can't see one (not saying there isn't one)

I'm just curious thats all.

:D

LLAP :borg:

But please can someone tell me what the point of twitter is, cause I personally can't see one (not saying there isn't one)
It shares the same point as Facebook, MySpace, Bebo and all them other social networking sites. Not sure how this one differs though.

It shares the same point as Facebook, MySpace, Bebo and all them other social networking sites. Not sure how this one differs though.

It's even more pointless, in that you're limited in messages and can't cover your profile in crud. It's great!

I like twitter the most because of its simplicity. I joined facebook just because everybody here is on it, but it drives me mad most of the time - notes, applications, walls, messages... what? where am I? what's going on? what's this do? how do I get to this? where did that go? I find Myspace and Bebo even more annoying and only joined MySpace to get reading access to Emmy Rossum's blogs, lol.

Twitter is nice and simple, and I like the simple and steady stream of celeb updates.

Twitter is just begging to be nick-named Twatter isn't it?

I dont get it what its all about,its as foreign to me as the top ten.

So its constant updates on what celebs are doing 24hrs a day?

Id say i was an admirer of certain famous folk but im not arsed what they are doing when they are not onscreen.Does this extend to them taking a crap?.Its a good job that Jack Tweed hasnt got a Twitter page as those kids would have sussed his spam out already.

Madagascar with the animals?

Bollo*ks!

I dont get it what its all about,its as foreign to me as the top ten.

So its constant updates on what celebs are doing 24hrs a day?

Id say i was an admirer of certain famous folk but im not arsed what they are doing when they are not onscreen.Does this extend to them taking a crap?.Its a good job that Jack Tweed hasnt got a Twitter page as those kids would have sussed his spam out already.

Madagascar with the animals?

Bollo*ks!

Randomly, Jack Tweed showed up at my work on Saturday :D

He had to leave early though . . .

3 guesses at where he was going :P

See who needs this Twitter when you've got me :P

Edited by SaRAWR!

Id say i was an admirer of certain famous folk but im not arsed what they are doing when they are not onscreen.

I am, with some. I quite like to know what they're up to, I'm naturally very curious.

But yeah, I have Twitter too, I ramble a lot. I've changed it to my stage surname though in the hope that if I make it big I can be like the celebs on there! :P

But you can only call it that after you tweet at least 100 times, follow Stephen Fry and and check your StockTwits daily. Using your Tweet Deck is, of course, optional.

You don't know what you're missing - like Bill Bailey's anti De Burgh rant from Indonesia :)

I joined afew days ago,and i can't figure it out !.So far i've only figured out how to " follow " someone,and how to read other people's updates,and read their replies to other people.But i don't know how to send a message to someone myself !.And by message,i don't mean a private message,i mean a comment on their page ( the page their updates and replies are on ).Arrghh it's confusing,lol !.I think there is a diferent name for it actually when you sent someone a message.

Can anyone help me out here ??.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just started doing the twitter thing you can find me under the name essexscifi

Glad I choice vodafone as my my new mobile provider cause it says on twitter.

Note: In the UK we currently only send SMS notifications to Vodafone subscribers, for terms and conditions click here. If you use another carrier you can still verify your phone and update Twitter, but we won't deliver to your phone.

Also

For UK residents: some carriers don't charge an international fee to send messages to the Twitter number within the UK, but other carriers do. T-Mobile, for example, considers +44 762 4801423 an international number and charge rates varying from .15 to .25 or more per message, even if you are using a carrier within the UK. Remember to check your phone plan for international rates; be aware that even in the UK, standard messaging rates vary by carrier, and do apply.

So I spoke to my provider and they said it was free to twitter from my phone which is cool cause normally I pick the wrong network, get charged to much and get a cr*p or no existant service

:dance:

Even if it did come out my text allownance at least they would charge it as a standard text rate, so alls well.

I think you can see from the above I have only just started doing internet stuff on my phone. Probably not got the best internet phone out there, but its good enough for me...

:YAHOO:

LLAP :D

Edited by zebredy