DATE CHANGE NOW 21st - 22nd March

showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

Hi all

we have changed the date for this event

so now Collectormania Midlands 3 will be held on 21st - 22nd March 2009

and it will still be held at the 5 star Hilton Metropole Hotel, Birmingham NEC

rooms will be at £65 per room codes for the rooms will be up on here first this offer will only be avalable to people that have this code so come back on here in the next few weeks to get the codes

this will be the first Collectormania for 2009

we will also be having a party on the friday night with a lot of the guests

keep looking at this forum for more guests over the next few weeks

hope to see you all there soon

jason

That sucks! Was going to do both events that day! Well wont be making the journey two weekends in a row so will go to which ever event presents the best guests. (more Predator guests will probably make my mind up!)

That's a shame, I've already arranged the weekend after off, and I'm not making two trips to there in one month.

And here it is... once again... A date change... It seems to become more and more usual on here! :(

Great for people coming from abroad!

I was definitely going to attend but not now anymore. There's a choice to make and there's no way i travel my ass from Belgium on two consecutives week as i already made plans for the other weekend...

Thanks once again Showmasters!!!

Please next time would you mind announcing event dates when your final decision is made and try to think about all the options/consequences BEFORE making announcement???

Some people would be very grateful.

• Showmasters Admin

And here it is... once again... A date change... It seems to become more and more usual on here! :thumbup:

Great for people coming from abroad!

I was definitely going to attend but not now anymore. There's a choice to make and there's no way i travel my ass from Belgium on two consecutives week as i already made plans for the other weekend...

Thanks once again Showmasters!!!

Please next time would you mind announcing event dates when your final decision is made and try to think about all the options/consequences BEFORE making announcement???

Some people would be very grateful.

hay do you think we just like changing dates ?

do you think we just do it for fun ?? we do not but thats what had to happen and it was not down to us we were happy going with the date

as to you now not attending this event i hope you picked the right event ? if you like guests

this is our first big event of of 2009 so we do have something to prove i think

so lets see what we pull off :YAHOO:

jason

I think this was a very wise decision especially with the other show being on the original dates. Wise move.

I disagree. I'd have gone to the hotel for the guests (and no doubt done there first due to the queues) but visited the other venue for the stalls and atmosphere (its a nice open space). Dependant on the guests I still may have spend £400 on autographs at the hotel, and £100 on autographs in the other venue.

It could now end up the same as the Blakes 7/Torchwood event situation. I couldn't pick between them so did neither.

I think this was a very wise decision especially with the other show being on the original dates. Wise move.

I disagree. I'd have gone to the hotel for the guests (and no doubt done there first due to the queues) but visited the other venue for the stalls and atmosphere (its a nice open space). Dependant on the guests I still may have spend £400 on autographs at the hotel, and £100 on autographs in the other venue.

It could now end up the same as the Blakes 7/Torchwood event situation. I couldn't pick between them so did neither.

I think you'll find your in the minority!

A lot of people will be grateful of the change - I know at least 6 people who are and depending on the guests will be going to both!

Glad I didnt book a flight yet, I'm actually waiting for more guests anyway and waiting to see if Sonny Landham will cancel. Hope the date change hasnt affected him.

EDIT: Just saw the SM post in Sonny's thread re the date change. All's good. :thumbup:

Edited by nicky

it was not down to us we were happy going with the date

May I ask why the date was changed?

Idle speculation - maybe the NEC have some sort of exclusivity arrangement with the hotels on their campus?

There would have been more chance of me going to this on the original date as, in theory, there would be 2 shows offering twice the amount of guests as normal. It's a shame as I would have thought it would be a win/win situation for both event organisers.

More idle speculation - perhaps two shows on the same weekend wasn't quite so win/win for the show organisers when it came to income from dealer tables...

More idle speculation - perhaps two shows on the same weekend wasn't quite so win/win for the show organisers when it came to income from dealer tables...

My feeling is that Tommy has hit the nail on the head... but anyway, like I say I'm not surprised at the date change - realistically from a business point of view it had to happen. Surely no-one's surprised at this?

My feeling is that Tommy has hit the nail on the head... but anyway, like I say I'm not surprised at the date change - realistically from a business point of view it had to happen. Surely no-one's surprised at this?

Didn't have to be the week before though, seems a bit underhand IMO. 3-4 later and they'd have Birmingham to themselves.

Still when you consider how many stalls are in a hall that size, I have to question how you'd fit all them into a hotel - it seemed cramped and confined at Bad Wolf, and that was a convention with a few hundred guests and 3-4 stall holders.

• Showmasters Admin

Didn't have to be the week before though, seems a bit underhand IMO. 3-4 later and they'd have Birmingham to themselves.

Still when you consider how many stalls are in a hall that size, I have to question how you'd fit all them into a hotel - it seemed cramped and confined at Bad Wolf, and that was a convention with a few hundred guests and 3-4 stall holders.

do you think that a hotel like the Hiltion has many empty date for the first 6 months of net year ? or the intire your in fact

we did not pick the first dat we were given it then after all this they cleared a date with the next one that they could free up and that was the week before so TerraHawk nothing underhand is going on ok

we are using 3 halls the same size as the one we used for Altographica which are very large nice halls so this hotel is a great place to run Collectormania Midlands

i hope this clears this up

jason