2 Guests left...

Lizzy

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm really happy with the line up so far, a really different mix...

I would love to see n meet Jack Coleman please?

Or if the Angels can work their magic, pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Zachary Quinto!!

I'm not saying you don't have a right to an opinion, but posts like this kind of make me uncomfortable. We're putting a price on how much somebody's personality is worth (as opposed to putting a price on an autograph at signing cons) and I guess it bothers me that people think certain guests are worthless. These are all guests who have had a significant role to play in the series in some way. It's not like we're getting "the guy who played the fourth crowd member from the left in the park scene".

I don't agree with you. Personality has nothing to do with it. It has to do with star power and is the reason why actors like Tom Cruise get paid more per movie than others, because they attract a bigger audience. Doesn't mean that Tom is a nicer person, or more interesting than any other actor, just means that more people would be willing to pay and go see him.

In Heroes, people watch the show for characters like Hiro, Sylar, Claire, etc. Yes, the show wouldn't be half as good without character like Ando and Mrs Bennet, but if the show was JUST about them, it would have a fraction of the viewers.

That's why an event needs a good mix of supporting characters as well as the big, lead characters and that's what we're missing a bit so far.

My other concern is that so far, we've got characters who never even shared scenes together and characters who have only had a few scenes in teh show, which I fear will make the talks a little trickier.

Again, I guess that's where I'm different. I'd absolutely meet all of these guests if there were at a Collectormania, or LFACC, or somewhere else. Just like I'm going to meet others elsewhere, including some who are definitely FAR smaller parts than anyone appearing here.

As would I.... however, I WOULDN'T get photo tickets for them, I wouldn't expect them to be more than £10-£15 per auto and I certainly wouldn't pay out on a gold ticket to meet them.

I realise some people have reasons for early bookings etc, and so it's not entirely in their hands, but it's not a wise move ever buying a ticket dependent on main cast from anything.

But after the huge success of Eclipse 1, we were told (and had good reason to assume) that this event would surpass it. In my opinion, we had a better line up of characters at the first event, by some distance (I base this on popularity of the characters and the amount of screen time their characters have).

I don't doubt that some of the actors/actresses are lovely people and will be interesting, but this isn't so much about the actors/actresses as it is about getting close to people portraying our FAVOURITE characters.

I'm just glad some people are reconsidering their stance on early booking of tickets, for their own financial stability at least.

I'm not, because this is bad for SM/ME. The more people who buy tickets early, the better idea they have of how much they have to spend on guests (there's a thread in The Hub section where Mark or Jason confirms this). I bought a gold ticket early (Gold #2) because I trust SM to get the best guests and I don't feel they've been successful on this occasion.

• Moderators

If the show was JUST about Ando and Mrs Bennett etc, then by default they'd be main cast, and we'd have a lot of happier people :D

I think we'll be fine with the talks - in the end, it's not like the talks are THAT long, and there's plenty of stuff to cover .. especially when you factor in other shows and movies that they've done, which can be asked about I'm sure. Whether they've appeared in many scenes together or not, they still share the same cast experiences etc. There'll be plenty to link it all together.

If the show was JUST about Ando and Mrs Bennett etc, then by default they'd be main cast, and we'd have a lot of happier people :D

I think we'll be fine with the talks - in the end, it's not like the talks are THAT long, and there's plenty of stuff to cover .. especially when you factor in other shows and movies that they've done, which can be asked about I'm sure. Whether they've appeared in many scenes together or not, they still share the same cast experiences etc. There'll be plenty to link it all together.

My point is, if it was JUST about Mrs Bennet and Ando, then the show would probably not exist, because it would be a show about a couple of sidekicks and wouldn't be that interesting and therefore probably not as popular.

As for the talks.... were you at Lockdown? Now while I'm not suggesting that we're in anything like that much trouble, the talks bordered on painful, because they weren't actually in the show that much and therefore couldn't really talk about it. Now while these guests have been in a wide variety of films/shows, I'm going to hear people talk about Heroes.

• Moderators

But after the huge success of Eclipse 1, we were told (and had good reason to assume) that this event would surpass it. In my opinion, we had a better line up of characters at the first event, by some distance (I base this on popularity of the characters and the amount of screen time their characters have).

I don't doubt that some of the actors/actresses are lovely people and will be interesting, but this isn't so much about the actors/actresses as it is about getting close to people portraying our FAVOURITE characters.

And surely most of us know that it's ALL down to schedules etc. You know as well as I do that they can't guarantee that a guest list can be surpassed. They can work on the parties, and the other things, but when it comes down to the guest list there's just too many other things that can mess with it.

It's simple hype from an organiser, which I respect but also take with a pinch of salt. I absolutely believe they want to make each event bigger and better than the last, but I also recognise that it's not entirely under their control, and so I don't believe it until I see it.

I don't think anyone can assume the next event will be great based on a successful first one, simply because we don't know whether things will all fall into place or not. It's something we can certainly hope for, but not anything anyone can guarantee, even with the best of intentions.

I'm not, because this is bad for SM/ME. The more people who buy tickets early, the better idea they have of how much they have to spend on guests (there's a thread in The Hub section where Mark or Jason confirms this). I bought a gold ticket early (Gold #2) because I trust SM to get the best guests and I don't feel they've been successful on this occasion.

I see it just as a wake up call for some people in terms of being realistic about the way things get organised. Eclipse 1 was a solid start because people were available. Eclipse 2 has a fine guest list which doesn't live up to the original in most peoples eyes. Does this mean SM/ME are incapable of putting together a strong lineup again? Absolutely not.

Truth is Eclipse 3 has just as much of a chance of delivering on an E1 level OR an E2 level. No one knows. I trust them to try and get the best guests .. that's the difference I think. With the best will in the world, they can't force actors to attend if the schedules don't work out, and that's not something I blame them for at all. So in the end, I absolutely believe they'll do what they can, but I respect the fact they have to work within a very fragile industry as such.

Re: talks - yes I was, and indeed I do see where you're coming from. I would hope in comparison (just from looking at the lineup) that we'll get better results, but I guess we'll see. I know it has to be primarily Heroes, but I wouldn't be surprised to see other stuff slipped in towards the end if necessary.

I see it just as a wake up call for some people in terms of being realistic about the way things get organised. Eclipse 1 was a solid start because people were available. Eclipse 2 has a fine guest list which doesn't live up to the original in most peoples eyes. Does this mean SM/ME are incapable of putting together a strong lineup again? Absolutely not.

I never said they were incapable of getting a good line up, you only have to look at events likle the last LFaCC to see that simply is not true.

So you think people should learn from this and not book tickets until they have more visibility of the line-up and if there were people they want to meet? You understand how bad that would be for SM/ME? IF I had not bought a gold ticket at E1 and had waited, then I would have bought a standard tciket for this event (Possibly even just a day ticket if they exist.) I'm not alone in that either. Perhaps you're right, perhaps I'll wait until much closer to the event to buy a ticket.... of course if lots of people do that, then SM/ME have less money to use to GET guests and you're on a slippery slope.

Money Early = more/better guests = more money

Less money Early = less guests = less money

Do you see how it's cyclical?

Clea Duvall would be great.

I will take a break from my fangirl shallowness to second that, and also cast a vote to Leonard Roberts and Matthew John Armstrong.

I was dissapointed with Leonard Roberts, he seemed down

I'll agree with that... he was just a bit meh... uninterested really...

Clea Duvall would be great.

I will take a break from my fangirl shallowness to second that, and also cast a vote to Leonard Roberts and Matthew John Armstrong.

I was dissapointed with Leonard Roberts, he seemed down

I'll agree with that... he was just a bit meh... uninterested really...

Oh? Huh. =/ Well, then, seconding Pure.Evil.