2 Guests left...

Lizzy

Sorry but this is just too pessimistic, why shouldn't we hope for main cast guests? I know some people would be happy to meet any small character involved in the show but to me the main cast make the show (aside from major crew/creative team) and therefore are THE people I want to meet! In such a big ensemble show anyone else is pretty minor and while I'd be ok meeting them I can't say I could put one infront of the other as essentially unless you love them for their work in something else their pretty much the same.

Just wanted you to know that I agree with you. Only a main guest now (and one of my faves - selfish, I know) will get me to this convention. I feel very badly let down and will not enjoy the event with the current guestlist. Please don't shout me down about this anyone. Just stating my feelings, which last time I checked, I am allowed to do on a public forum.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anders :P & the chick that plays Caitlin :D joketings:D

Joking about Caitlin coming to an event should be punishable by law.

I've no doubt that the actress may be a nice person, but that character was awful, as was her accent.

Behave yourself Nikstar or I'll be coming for you. :D

Kristen Bell And Milo Ventimiglia Probs

i'm pleased with anyone ;)

i think its good to have a lot of less popular characters as well as popular because if it was just the least popular characters going then less people would go but if we have a few of each its better :)

also ... is it possible to have the same guest more than once because i really want to meet anders again .. at eclipse 1 i didnt have enough money to get a photoshoot with him so....

it would be rather awsome if he came again :D

Its sad to say, but simply put, without main cast in attendance, i cannot justify the extra outlay (having already forked out for a silver pass) of transport and accommodation. I guess I will just have to give up if SM can't deliver main guests (or Kristen Bell).

Its a sad reflection but I am afraid this may be the last pre-booked event me and my friends end up doing as conventions with small parts would be ok if the cost wasn't so steep in the 1st place. (i am sure that costs of tickets are no lower just because SM can't get the big names).....

I don't expect SM to gesture no big guests = partial refund, but its just the way I feel.

No 2 non main cast would do it for me am afraid and the attendance of maya or her brother would even for me be a step backwards!, would much rather noah back!

Also, have you noticed all the guests either have really small parts, or are dead???

• Moderators

We're all different. Personally I would buy a ticket now based on the current lineup if I hadn't "pre-booked".

I think they are four decent guests that have played very interesting characters. I like how it's a diverse lineup, with a mixture of old and young, heroes and villains, powers or not ..

I think that lends itself to some potentially great talks, with very different perspectives on the show.

Of course it's a shame when there isn't something for everyone. However I do feel that those people who limit themselves to a narrow idea of what they want (i.e main cast) are more likely to be disappointed. It's the same with signing events and people who only collect from one show or something.

I absolutely respect the needs and wants of others, but these cons do cater best for those with a wider interest in a show.

I'll take whoever I can get although I'd like to see Dania Ramirez because I have one of her Costume Cards from season 2 and it would be kind of cool to get it signed.

so when you say costume card you meen you got her whole outfit right?

Its sad to say, but simply put, without main cast in attendance, i cannot justify the extra outlay (having already forked out for a silver pass) of transport and accommodation. I guess I will just have to give up if SM can't deliver main guests (or Kristen Bell).

Its a sad reflection but I am afraid this may be the last pre-booked event me and my friends end up doing as conventions with small parts would be ok if the cost wasn't so steep in the 1st place. (i am sure that costs of tickets are no lower just because SM can't get the big names).....

I don't expect SM to gesture no big guests = partial refund, but its just the way I feel.

No 2 non main cast would do it for me am afraid and the attendance of maya or her brother would even for me be a step backwards!, would much rather noah back!

Also, have you noticed all the guests either have really small parts, or are dead???

Ando is hardly a really small part, he's in it as much as Hiro :D He just doesn't have a power.

I'm not saying you don't have a right to an opinion, but posts like this kind of make me uncomfortable. We're putting a price on how much somebody's personality is worth (as opposed to putting a price on an autograph at signing cons) and I guess it bothers me that people think certain guests are worthless. These are all guests who have had a significant role to play in the series in some way. It's not like we're getting "the guy who played the fourth crowd member from the left in the park scene".

I agree that Ando IS a main part.... not in the same league as Hiro but a main part non the less.... I like many other people here have already PAID to meet James (not a complaint but an observation)

What I have had to ask myself is that if these guests were announced at Comic Con or Collectamania would I (in the current credit cruch) pay to meet any of them.... the answer is probably no.....

That is why I probably wont pay the extra in hotels, petrol, etc.

This is no reflection on the show at all - I still love Heroes but is a reflection on what I can afford at the moment and is it cost effective....

• Moderators

Again, I guess that's where I'm different. I'd absolutely meet all of these guests if there were at a Collectormania, or LFACC, or somewhere else. Just like I'm going to meet others elsewhere, including some who are definitely FAR smaller parts than anyone appearing here.

Conventions are always going to be a tricky thing to risk finance on, and personally I don't go to any unless I know I'm really that interested in a show that I would love to meet ANYONE they could come up with. That's why I never went to much before Eclipse. Heroes is one of my favourite shows, and it's just great for me to be able to meet anyone involved.

I realise some people have reasons for early bookings etc, and so it's not entirely in their hands, but it's not a wise move ever buying a ticket dependent on main cast from anything.

at the moment there are four guests from heroes that i havent met... as i want to get all my heroes autos personaly this does me just fine.

yes its not an awsome line up just yet but i wasn't that impresed with e1's line up before i got there, i was only about the sendhil as i had origanly intended on being there for zach and greg.

i have a silver ticket, and there are two spaces left thats if only two people say yes, obviously were not going to get the turn out like the hub unless they start getting uk based actors, but who knows... there are 4 weeks left and this is the next showmasters con ( not signing) give them a break.

What I have had to ask myself is that if these guests were announced at Comic Con or Collectamania would I (in the current credit cruch) pay to meet any of them.... the answer is probably no.....

This isn't comparable to LFCC or CM, though. You get an autograph there. An autograph at Eclipse is, what? 5% of your weekend?

• Moderators

I'm just glad some people are reconsidering their stance on early booking of tickets, for their own financial stability at least.

I think it's far more sensible waiting for a few guest announcements if you have specific ideas of who you want (i.e. main cast) and if the guests are a huge part of why you're attending.

I don't take any pleasure in seeing anyone have to write off their money because they don't think it's worth attending at the moment with the guests we have. It's a painful lesson to learn, and not even one that will 100% pay off due to cancellations etc.

Now sure there's the problem of the organisers needing money asap to book more guests (and logically "bigger" and "better" ones cost more too), but obviously people have to look out for themselves first.

Woah, lighthearted thread turned into heated debate lol :wub: ITs waaay to late for me to make a substantial comment lol :P

I like Anders but Christine trumps him so u shut up :P:chair:

Christine... I told her she had to come back lol cos I couldn't find a Trek picture of her! Though she said she was looking into it, cos she wanted one for her aswell lol :P She was the best guest we could possibly have had, deffo- would love to see her back!

Would love to see Adrian back aswell as not seen him in a talk- don't think he had one at Manchester did he? He was a sweetie :no:

Edited by Lizzy

I guess this is where I'm one of the lucky ones. :wub: My faves are the Bennets and the Petrellis, so I'm super excited about Ashley, cause I think Sandra has become quite an interesting character. :chair: I also really like most of the characters on Heroes, so I'm very satisfied with the current lineup. Of course I wouldn't mind getting two more actors, but I've already paid for my Silver ticket (and not regretting it one bit!), booked my hotel room and am getting ready to get my flight tickets (yes, I'm coming from Norway). I'd already going for just those four, but getting two more would be an added bonus for me. :no: Thanks, SM, for giving us fans this opportunity to meet the cast and have fun!

Only one guest left to announce, I would be happy if they announced a repeat guest like David Anders or Christine Rose alternatively I think Leonard Roberts would make a good final guest.

Edited by Queen_Sindel