Latest Show Announcement - De Lorean and Fast & The Furious Cars

showmasters

I'll 3rd that!!

Whats the chances SM? I know the photoshoot is usually done against a blue backdrop and is all set-up for photos during the day, but for such rare guest and a world first signer surely a one off photo shoot could be arranged?

• Moderators

I'm not quite sure about the Delorean for a photo shoot - it'd be something tricky to get in as a decent shot surely?

Unless someone's got something similar from elsewhere and could show it :thumbup:

• Showmasters Admin

I'll 3rd that!!

Whats the chances SM? I know the photoshoot is usually done against a blue backdrop and is all set-up for photos during the day, but for such rare guest and a world first signer surely a one off photo shoot could be arranged?

Maybe, but trust me it can be a nightmare. We did one with the A-team guys at Manchester with the van. The problem is you can't easily shut the car off, like we do with the normal photo shoots. And it ended up taking nearly twice as long as it should have because time after time, shoots were being ruined because other people kept taking there own shoots with flash. Even after 30 minutes of being asked not too, some people still did it.

So I'm not saying it won't happen but just so you know it's not as simple as "well lets just do the shoot with the car!"

i know at another con John Schneider had pics with the general lee but im not sure how they came out as i didnt get one of them.

i like the idea but i guess we'd have to sit down to get us and the car in the same shot...

I'll 3rd that!!

Maybe, but trust me it can be a nightmare. We did one with the A-team guys at Manchester with the van. The problem is you can't easily shut the car off, like we do with the normal photo shoots. And it ended up taking nearly twice as long as it should have because time after time, shoots were being ruined because other people kept taking there own shoots with flash. Even after 30 minutes of being asked not too, some people still did it.

So I'm not saying it won't happen but just so you know it's not as simple as "well lets just do the shoot with the car!"

I fully understand the problems that can happen, you would expect people to apply a bit of courtesy for such situations. I mean a photo shoot doesn't take that long providing everything is done smoothly. I suppose its the chance of getting a 'free' photo of the Doc with the De Lorean which you will never get again.

I'm not quite sure about the Delorean for a photo shoot - it'd be something tricky to get in as a decent shot surely?

Unless someone's got something similar from elsewhere and could show it :hathor:

Here's one I had done at another show earlier this year,as you can see the main issue would be to include all

the car & the people as well.

Enjoy !!

DeLorean.jpg

de lorean!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sorry kind of flipped there for a second i may die of bttf related overexestion ( hey its almost kileld me once why not go for seconds)

and can i borrow the eclipse? i promise i will bring it back in sort of good condition.......

Whose DeLorean replica is it?

There aren't many DeLorean Time Machine replicas in the UK, and only one of them is reasonably accurate.

Sadly, there aren't even any DeLorean Time Machines from the original films that are still in accurate screen-used condition. Universal let them either rot, or get damaged/modified to the point where they are a shadow of their former selves.

Edited by renesisx

a bit off topic but following on from the above post about former screen cars.

I went to the lake district a few years ago when I was a kid, they had a car museum.

really excited about seeing KITT

the voice had changed and it said "please keep behind the barrier, no flash photography"

a small part of me died that day.

Edited by Johnny Casanova

a bit off topic but following on from the above post about former screen cars.

I went to the lake district a few years ago when I was a kid, they had a car museum.

really excited about seeing KITT

the voice had changed and it said "please keep behind the barrier, no flash photography"

a small part of me died that day.

Isn't that the same museum that has a BTTF DeLorean?

It's not one of the screen-used ones though, it's an official replica made by Jay Ohrburg. His replicas aren't very accurate though :blush:

• Showmasters Admin

I'll 3rd that!!

I fully understand the problems that can happen, you would expect people to apply a bit of courtesy for such situations. I mean a photo shoot doesn't take that long providing everything is done smoothly. I suppose its the chance of getting a 'free' photo of the Doc with the De Lorean which you will never get again.

People's lack of consideration at Manchester was truely AMAZING! It didn't seam to matter who the attendee was in the shot, people just wanted their own shoot of it, so would stand there and take picture after picture. Was maddening after a while. After you've said "No flash photography please!" for the 200th time it starts to get old. Even waving signs with "No flash photography please" didn't stop some people trying.

I remember that - it was ridiculous how people were behaving. Why would you want a pic of a stranger in the ATeam van ? Take as many pics as you like in an hours time when the shoot is over. The bl8dy van was there all day !