New guest announcement John Hurt

showmasters

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in the hope that maybe one day SM will bring Richard Briers along to an event

he was at lfacc in 2006 - i got him to sign my henry 5 video - really great guy - just as friendly as you imagine him to be.

he was at lfacc in 2006 - i got him to sign my henry 5 video - really great guy - just as friendly as you imagine him to be.

I'll be honest and say I had a bit of a - very blonde - "who?" moment when Carolin text me the announcement last night. Quick google search for his image and recognised him instantly. He's one of those actors who I know and respect by appearance and take a while to get the name into my head. Awesome announcement!

Alright, we heard you ! :YAHOO:

This is without doubt, the most amazing guest that SM have ever got. I seriously believe that. I'm so shocked and thrilled about John going! John has appeared in some of the greatest films of all time, and has created some of the most memorable scenes in cinema history.

better than Tony Curtis do you think ????????????

This is without doubt, the most amazing guest that SM have ever got. I seriously believe that. I'm so shocked and thrilled about John going! John has appeared in some of the greatest films of all time, and has created some of the most memorable scenes in cinema history.

better than Tony Curtis do you think ????????????

In my view yes he is.

Tony Curtis is a more iconic figure in terms of being what you might call an old fashioned 'movie star' but in my opinion John Hurt has been in more things that I would regard as classics and is a better all round actor.

That's just my opinion of course, but either way, we do have to say well done for Showmasters for getting two acting legends to appear at their events in the same year.

Edited by Count Fooku

Top guest! I'm very impressed with the quality of guests at the events this year - here's hoping it continues.

Thanks SM, I'm looking forward to meeting Mr Hurt - a genuine British acting legend.

All I know about Mr.Hurt is that he is very down to earth and accomodating and always signs for fans by the stage door when doing a play and he will sign anything unlike some people who only sign material to dow ith the production they are currently in.watched Alien a few hours ago and that chest buster scene has the same horrifying impact every time I see it!