Guest cancellation - Hayden Panettiere

showmasters

aww tis a shame but at least it's not one of the boys for me anyway please please please replace her with kristen i know it may not be possible but i'll beg anyway if not kristen i think Dana would be awesome and you could have the two season cast doing a talk together which would be awesome

now please listen carefully do not take david, sendhil or santiago please for the love of all things man candy don't take them i beg you

Sad about Hayden, but strongly agree with Wyn about the man candy. ;)

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a Heroes event and everyone knows when they book tickets, whether it be gold or standard that a final line up of guests wont suit everyone and that guests do sometimes have to cancel.

Some people seem to want "lookers" for some reason instead of characters and some people , not just at this con , just want the main characters.

A con is surely about the show not one or two favourites.

Haydens replacement is a cool guest and adds to an interesting line up

Edited by scruffy

This is a Heroes event and everyone knows when they book tickets, whether it be gold or standard that a final line up of guests wont suit everyone and that guests do sometimes have to cancel.

Some people seem to want "lookers" for some reason instead of characters and some people , not just at this con , just want the main characters.

A con is surely about the show not one or two favourites.

Haydens replacement is a cool guest and adds to an interesting line up

I like the guest for they're acting abilities and they're portrayal of they're characters, the 'lookers' are just a bonus. :lol:

Plus it's not my fault I have fangirlyitis. :D

I agree about the replacement guest, though I may be a bit intimidated cause of how she plays her character. ;)

I wasn't planning on going to this anyway and I'm sorry for the people this has inconvenienced (though in a selfish way I hope this means she'll be able to make one of the conventions I can make at a later date!).

I was just wondering how a "replacement" feels when they get asked, they obviously know that they weren't first choice and are just being asked because someone else couldn't make it.

Hi Leana

As a teacher you should be well aware of not damaging your students confidence when they are trying to learn something new or do something that they are not good at, and in fact it should be encouraged, not made fun of

Leana, I am dyslexic,

I left school when I was 9 years old and learnt everything I now know from the school of life. I am 37 and when I was in school they did not recognise dyslexia as a disability so I had a very hard time when I was a child. But I have survived that, so whatever you may say it will not hurt me. But if you are a teacher I do hope you don't have this attitude with your students as it's up to you to help them, so for their sake look out for people like me as some of us are not as strong as individuals to deal with this sort of attack.

So I am sorry you have a problem with my grammar. I on the other hand will still come on here with my bad spelling and do what I do my best.

sincerely

Jason :WAVE:

and the "he's nervous" thats funny the last time i was nervous was with a man with a machine gun in his hand who i had to work out a deal with in the middle east when i was 19 the memories :unsure:

As i was expecting, you exactly made my point ( my sister is dyslexic , she's 43 btw...She's a teacher too, though for teenagers...): Look at that beautiful, well explained, perfect letter you just wrote!....See? i was sure you were able to write that way...Sorry again ..And Congrats for the great job and i really mean it! :uhoh:;)

Too bad for Hayden though...But great job with having Cristine Rose as replacement, she's such a great artist! ;)

Edited by leana

Leana, there's really no need to be so patronising. It's making ME uncomfortable and I'm not even the object of your attention.

Not really, without the fans actors would no nowhere.

But i do get she has to work :unsure:

Without work, they'll have no fans.

The discussion about cons v work comes up before every event here. It's never going to be a discussion for the actor. Work will ALWAYS win.

If you try to make the con contract so they can't get out of it, no-one would ever sign up in the first place.

I was at a con last year where two of the headliners cancelled the week before the con, leaving no time for replacements (well, no headline replacements anyway) - it's just the risks of attending cons.

Hi Leana

As a teacher you should be well aware of not damaging your students confidence when they are trying to learn something new or do something that they are not good at, and in fact it should be encouraged, not made fun of

Leana, I am dyslexic,

I left school when I was 9 years old and learnt everything I now know from the school of life. I am 37 and when I was in school they did not recognise dyslexia as a disability so I had a very hard time when I was a child. But I have survived that, so whatever you may say it will not hurt me. But if you are a teacher I do hope you don't have this attitude with your students as it's up to you to help them, so for their sake look out for people like me as some of us are not as strong as individuals to deal with this sort of attack.

So I am sorry you have a problem with my grammar. I on the other hand will still come on here with my bad spelling and do what I do my best.

sincerely

Jason :dance:

and the "he's nervous" thats funny the last time i was nervous was with a man with a machine gun in his hand who i had to work out a deal with in the middle east when i was 19 the memories :uhoh:

I'm dyslexic aswell, i think its very brave you admitted it on a forum of hundreds.

We should form a club : ]

The discussion about cons v work comes up before every event here. It's never going to be a discussion for the actor. Work will ALWAYS win.

If you try to make the con contract so they can't get out of it, no-one would ever sign up in the first place.

I was at a con last year where two of the headliners cancelled the week before the con, leaving no time for replacements (well, no headline replacements anyway) - it's just the risks of attending cons.

was that the charmed con? because i remember when rose mcgown cancilled out of that and some of the fans were really harsh about it.

also, last year jared padalecki dropped out like a month before an event, but we still had jensen ackles, and he was the ONLY main guest, all of the other guests had been in 1 or 2 episodes, and they even had some guests who wernt even in supernatural or smallville, (jenny mollen, mark lutz (angel stars) ) yet, the con was amazing, jensen's talk was AMAZING and the experience was fantastic.

I'm not bothered hayden cancilled, ive got her auto and photo, no need to meet her again, so im happy with Christine Rose as the replacement.

Edited by Queen_Sindel

• Moderators

they're all great guests but i would prefer it if we had another main guest to replace Hayden to make it fair

There's nothing 'unfair' about not getting a 'main' guest as a replacement - there's no obligation on SMs part to offer a certain amount of 'main' guests as part of the 4-6 they suggested.

As long as they fulfill that quota, people should be happy. I'm sure 'main' guests are harder to get anyway.

• Showmasters Admin

As i was expecting, you exactly made my point ( my sister is dyslexic , she's 43 btw...She's a teacher too, though for teenagers...): Look at that beautiful, well explained, perfect letter you just wrote!....See? i was sure you were able to write that way...Sorry again ..And Congrats for the great job and i really mean it! :unsure::clap:

Too bad for Hayden though...But great job with having Cristine Rose as replacement, she's such a great artist! :D

i am now going to put my persnal hat on and not my showmasters hat on and say this

I GOT SOMEONE ELSE TO WRITE MY REPLY TO YOU FOR ME OK so you could not make more fun out of it OK :(

i am writing this now so you can get your fill of my bad grammar have fun :angry:

and if you were expecting this sort of reply then why pick on me if you new it may come back to you like this

most teachers and people that know someone that is dyslexic recognise it in the way people spell so you thought i may be a suffrer ? and then you just went in here and made fun out of me anyway ? is that it ?

my grammar may be bad but at least i know how not to handle saying sorry if i am out of order and i am telling you now you are well out of order

you could have distroyed someone with less confedence which is a horable thing to do and i met teacher like you when i was small you did not help me in any way, in fact that made my school days the most misrable time of my life

teacher like you are saposed to care and incorige not just drum into kids stuff if this is an exsampal of you skills then Madam you suck

i think you need to think before you anser me on here very cearfaly leana

jason

• Showmasters Admin

was that the charmed con? because i remember when rose mcgown cancilled out of that and some of the fans were really harsh about it.

also, last year jared padalecki dropped out like a month before an event, but we still had jensen ackles, and he was the ONLY main guest, all of the other guests had been in 1 or 2 episodes, and they even had some guests who wernt even in supernatural or smallville, (jenny mollen, mark lutz (angel stars) ) yet, the con was amazing, jensen's talk was AMAZING and the experience was fantastic.

I'm not bothered hayden cancilled, ive got her auto and photo, no need to meet her again, so im happy with Christine Rose as the replacement.

Sidenote: That event was a SMALLVILLE/Supernatural event, not just Supernatural, and the event had Allison Mack, a HEADLINER for Smallville. So the event did get a huge replacement for Jared's drop out - one who had been in more episodes of a series as a main guest than either Jared or Jensen tbh. Sorry, just thought I would add that in there.

But compared to Eclipse, which has, in my opinion a fantastic line-up and no matter what changes there have been the line-up has always been great. We have 2 main cast characters who are regulars in both season 1 and 2, and another two are regulars, one in the first season and one in the second season (David Anders btw, who was also kick-ass in Alias), not to mention Cristine Rose, who in my personal opinion is one of the most intruiging characters, and her acting is a par above a lot of the others in the show. With Jessalyn as a nice little extra, and a 10x8 from her will go nicely beside Hayden's and Adrian's :unsure:

Hayden's cancellation is not a major dilema to me as I met her last year at the London Eye & again at LFCC, but her work committments must come first, and the fact that Jason managed to pull out a guest of Cristine's calibre in such a short space of time after the cancellation I think speaks for itself.

I have never been disappointed by any of the announced guests, and have looked forward to meeting all of them, even those that have since cancelled, but at no stage would I ever say that Eclipse has had a "disappointing" line-up as some people in here seem to be implying, and putting a general downer on the event for the rest of us.

I think people should just appreciate the long hours and late nights that these guys put into getting these guests to events, and be thankful that you are getting the opportunity to meet six fantastic actors from Heroes, rather than one headliner and a few one-off characters.

Above all, I think people should remember that this is a weekend event and is not purely about signings, there are parties and all-day events going on in the hotel with plenty of other Heroes fans to mingle with and have a great time - so I think that people should just keep that in mind before moaning over another cancellation, these things happen.

Well, I've said my bit. And I love Cristine, I think she's been fantastic in every role I've seen her in. Can't wait to meet her, it's another great guest for me, so thanks to Jason & Mark, and the rest of you guys who get these guests here!

SJ

xox

PS. And what's more I think it's disgusting that anyone would come online and post such abuse on a public forum, especially after everything Jason has done to make Eclipse an amazing event.

Edited by slaycandy

• Showmasters Admin

SJ, you're the one I feel sorry for - all these alterations to the website!

Lol, I was up until 2am last night waiting for changes, but eventually went to sleep, so updated it when I got up at 7.30 this morning! Who needs sleep anyway, lol! (Well... me actually... it's my 21st Birthday party tonight, :unsure: )

SJ

xox

Wow we are digressing from the point.

I am sad Hayden is not going, but hell it's only one person and we all knew the writers strike would change some people priorities!!!

I am sure in time we will see Hayden again in England. I am a patient man and i am sure i will have the good fortune to meet her soon.

I love the new guest, i believe she will have a HUGE part in ‘Villains’.... I am sure other Season 2 watchers will know what i mean from the You-tube Clips... If not look up the ‘Villains’ trailer...

I will try and steal some of her time to have a chat!!! She is actually a very interesting person with a lot of knowledge.

Thank you Showmasters. And I hope we have no further cancellations. Although i can well believe, with the WGA strike over that we might have.

and for the record, I have dyslexia as well. I’m not sure about forming a club, but a ‘vote petrelli’ badge will be fine for me =P

urghhh

she was the only reason i was going

It's unfortunate, but as it's a convention with a lineup of 4-6 guests, they won't offer refunds based on one guest cancelling.

That's always the choice of an attendee to take the risk paying out just for one guest, rather than wanting to meet all of them.

Ok then but what if you was going for 3 guests and now all those 3 arent going!!! theres a difference between 1 and 3!! Now im not blaming showmasters at all its just what happens but when people are spending hard earned cash for hotels, photos etc to meet people (and we're not talking about just one guest) then i think you should be able to do something about it. I was ok with my other 2 guests being cancelled but now she has too im gutted and wouldnt have gone with the current guests id have waited till another con not everone has a couple of hundred quid to waste. Now before everyone starts having a go im just saying my opinion and that im NOT blaming showmasters for cancellations!:D

urghhh

she was the only reason i was going

It's unfortunate, but as it's a convention with a lineup of 4-6 guests, they won't offer refunds based on one guest cancelling.

That's always the choice of an attendee to take the risk paying out just for one guest, rather than wanting to meet all of them.

Ok then but what if you was going for 3 guests and now all those 3 arent going!!! theres a difference between 1 and 3!! Now im not blaming showmasters at all its just what happens but when people are spending hard earned cash for hotels, photos etc to meet people (and we're not talking about just one guest) then i think you should be able to do something about it. I was ok with my other 2 guests being cancelled but now she has too im gutted and wouldnt have gone with the current guests id have waited till another con not everone has a couple of hundred quid to waste. Now before everyone starts having a go im just saying my opinion and that im NOT blaming showmasters for cancellations!:D

This hole thing costs me the money I get in 2 months of work.. not the best paid job..

But I hope I will not be dissapointed when i'm back..

I'm just wondering, even though I'm not planning on going to Eclipse, I am planning on going to Manchester, so, with that in mind, are you planning to get the same replacement guest for Hayden to go to both Manchester and Eclipse, or is it more likely to be two different people?

The problem is that if sm let someone cancel because their favourite guests aren't there, then they may have to cancel additional guests due to the lack of funding, meaning more people cancel, etc. etc. It becomes a vicious circle.

Never book a con for a specific guest. It is ALWAYS a gamble.