Guest cancellation - Hayden Panettiere

showmasters

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree its just annoying when you get grief or bombarded for just leaving a general comment/opinion! Like i say i wouldnt want your stress and hassles you're never going to please evryone and thats a fact you do a magnificent job and i appreciatte the guests ive met through the many cons you guys have organised ive been to.:P

my car has been struck by a miteorite and i cannot get there now

How did you know what just happened to my car!? :unsure:

Do you know what the probability is of two meteorites crashing two different cars at the same time ? :blink:

Actually I don't but I could tell you. Meteors is a recent new field of research for me :P

• Showmasters Admin

I hope people don't get drunk at Eclipse and start fighting :P

i want to get drunk now mate worked all night and could do with loosing my mind sometimes

as to the show if you need me i will be in my office which will be located in the bar :dance:

we all needed to get this of our chests its good to have a rant i just wish it was not in this thread

i will have to "clean" it up in the next two days guys or maybe just drop it of the pined topic as i know Hayden has been on here before and i do not want here to see this stuff it may put her of all together commting to any event if we are not all cearfull that why i "clean" up some of the threads sometimes

well i leve it for now but the Cristine Rose thread realy has to be cleared out i think you all can see why too :unsure:

see you all soon

jason :blink:

my car has been struck by a miteorite and i cannot get there now

How did you know what just happened to my car!? :blink:

Do you know what the probability is of two meteorites crashing two different cars at the same time ? :dance:

Actually I don't but I could tell you. Meteors is a recent new field of research for me :unsure:

Mine just got nuked by a radioactive man!! *gasps*

Good thing I am going by plane, not car :P

I hope people don't get drunk at Eclipse and start fighting :unsure:

i want to get drunk now mate worked all night and could do with loosing my mind sometimes

as to the show if you need me i will be in my office which will be located in the bar :WINCE:

we all needed to get this of our chests its good to have a rant i just wish it was not in this thread

i will have to "clean" it up in the next two days guys or maybe just drop it of the pined topic as i know Hayden has been on here before and i do not want here to see this stuff it may put her of all together commting to any event if we are not all cearfull that why i "clean" up some of the threads sometimes

well i leve it for now but the Cristine Rose thread realy has to be cleared out i think you all can see why too :blink:

see you all soon

jason :dance:

Oh dear now ive just looked at christines thread and some comments are a little wrong!!:P

Jason, people are horrible for the sake of it. I'm just glad you can take it for what it is- pathetic. Well done for sticking up for yourself :clap: though you don't need my praise! Anyway, IMO, mingling with the famous, organising AMAZING shows... better than a bully teacher that no1 has respect for! ;)

PS, if you have firefox, theres a dictionary add-on... its great! Like microsoft word basically for anything you type on the net- lifesaver for me! Tho I usually ignore it hehe

jason mate

i didn't even notice your grammer bloopers as im dyslexic myself lol! ( taught myself all my english skills as my school decided i was to thick to teach with the normal students although i then went on to get A* in my english and a-levels so there obviously the dumb ones)

and to the person who said there son was dyslexic it's not someting that affects people so much now when goig for jobs ectra and you can train youreslf and there are tricks to help writing on a green or light blue background motivates the right part of your brain that activates memory patterns and helps with spelling ( i don't spell half as bad on here with the blue background) .

also typing on computers as the more you do it the more the patterns of the letters on the keyboard get memmorised and make it easyer to spell as your fingers learn to do it by themselfs.

there is hope i was a write of at 15 and at 24 i had a gcse an a-level and two of my short storys have been published and i've got awards for some of my fan fic.

it just takes a lot of hard work.

anyway back to the thread.....

it cant be hellped that actors have to cancelle give them a break it's exactly the same as you having to cancle on your mates ectra if you need to work.

no offence but as good as the cast are they can't turn down acting work its a viciouce world and as good as heroes is it's not going to last forever.

we still have 6 guests 6 really good guests yes hayden zac and greg would have been great guests and the sooner they get there cute little buts to an event i can get to i will be happy :thumbup:

People like that make me not want to go. im going to be alone as it is, not good for me when people i havent even met are posting stuff to me.

Hey dont think like that, the problem is that posting on here is sometimes the same as texting someone it doesnt always come across how you want to say something so dont worry!! And if your going on your own come meet me, im going with a couple of other people too, theres no need to be on your own :yoda:

Thanks, im only 17 my mumma is coming down with me but shes going shopping =P all day for the 3 days

Are you there just for the day or staying for the party on sat night also?? your more than welcome to meet up with us i dont really like the 2 people im going with anyway!lol :yoda:

Awww sure! Thanks so much!

Hi if you still wanna meet up just send us your email or go to my myspace www.myspace.com/mi_chiamo_tony and leave a message.:thumbup:

• Showmasters Admin

Jason, people are horrible for the sake of it. I'm just glad you can take it for what it is- pathetic. Well done for sticking up for yourself :D though you don't need my praise! Anyway, IMO, mingling with the famous, organising AMAZING shows... better than a bully teacher that no1 has respect for! ;)

PS, if you have firefox, theres a dictionary add-on... its great! Like microsoft word basically for anything you type on the net- lifesaver for me! Tho I usually ignore it hehe

Thank you Lizzy for that

i hope you and all the people going to the con will all have a lot of fun if that happens it will all be worth it

see you soon in the bar :D

jason :WAVE:

jason mate

i didn't even notice your grammer bloopers as im dyslexic myself lol! ( taught myself all my english skills as my school decided i was to thick to teach with the normal students although i then went on to get A* in my english and a-levels so there obviously the dumb ones)

and to the person who said there son was dyslexic it's not someting that affects people so much now when goig for jobs ectra and you can train youreslf and there are tricks to help writing on a green or light blue background motivates the right part of your brain that activates memory patterns and helps with spelling ( i don't spell half as bad on here with the blue background) .

also typing on computers as the more you do it the more the patterns of the letters on the keyboard get memmorised and make it easyer to spell as your fingers learn to do it by themselfs.

there is hope i was a write of at 15 and at 24 i had a gcse an a-level and two of my short storys have been published and i've got awards for some of my fan fic.

it just takes a lot of hard work.

anyway back to the thread.....

it cant be hellped that actors have to cancelle give them a break it's exactly the same as you having to cancle on your mates ectra if you need to work.

no offence but as good as the cast are they can't turn down acting work its a viciouce world and as good as heroes is it's not going to last forever.

we still have 6 guests 6 really good guests yes hayden zac and greg would have been great guests and the sooner they get there cute little buts to an event i can get to i will be happy :thumbup:

Hi pez good for you mate i wish you all the luck mate and as for me i would have nothing else than to be dyslexic as i know i think and see things difrentley than most other people which has helped me so many times in my life i hope it works well for you to mate thanks for the sapourt

jason :WAVE:

i knew this would happen

****s sake

And the replacement doesn't make up for it either. I need to get my refund, possibly a photoshoot with Sendhil or David Anders.

But yea again, this is such a bummer.

Edited by charliedcn

i

we have

3 main cast

1 soon to be main cast i think

2 sapouting cast

all 1st timers in the UK

party's

talks

free stuff which you do not even know about yet

free signatures from each guest

chance to get photos with

and other stuff

for £78

OR £39 If you are under 16 which makes it even better value

I wouldn't have known you were dyslexic if you hadn't said so Jason.

We all make spelling and grammar mistakes from time to time, so as long as I can make out what the post says, that is all that matters.

Glad to see you won't let this one little problem stop you doing what you want.

Oh do shut up. This is a forum and i can say whatever i want. I dont mean it. I was looking forward to meeting Hayden and posted that 5 minutes after she pulled out. You dont have to be mean about it. Jeeze

If it makes you feel any better, it wasn't you specifically I was having a dig at, it was the mindset. If you hadn't said it, somebody else would have, and I'd have poked a bit of fun at them instead. I guess you just got there first.

A couple of lessons I guess:

"This is a forum and i can say whatever i want" - that goes for the both of us :D

"I dont mean it" - ah, isn't that how so many arguments start? We are so quick to rush off some half-assed ill-thought-out opinion because of our emotions, that we say something we don't really mean. I always try to think twice before I post once, and probably a third time before I finally hit that "send" button. "Is this really what I want to say? Can it be misinterpreted?" Looks like we both failed those tests this time.

I'm sorry if you feel personally attacked - I perhaps made my post a little more personal than necessary. Oh, and a final word of warning; as nicky is wont to say, if you find the postings here can be a bit rough and personal, then there area hell of a lot of places on the internet that you don't even want to go near; this place is like a kindergarten compared to a lot of forums I've seen where things can get really unpleasant.

Enjoy the con.

Or, how about this question?

How dare they force many times more people out of work, ruin other lives, all for their own monetary gain?

Well, technically, in the truest sense it wasn't even a strike. Their payrates are fixed by an agreement btween their trade association and the studios. So all their individual contracts will not specify a monetary amount but say that you will be paid in accordance with payscale agreed between the Writers Guild Of America and the studios.

That agreement expired on 31st October last year. So, technically, after that date, there was no pay set for these people. Arguably their individual contracts were therefore invalid, and equally arguably, if they had continued to work on, they would not have been entitled to any pay at all. They would have a case for arguing continuing custom and practice, but (a) that's a weak position to put yourself in and (:D it could be construed as a de facto acceptance of the old contract, which it plainly shouldn't as they wished to negotiate. Legalese aside, from having had to consult employment layers before, working without a full and valid contract of employment can be dodgy, especially if you're in dispute over some of the terms of the now-expired contract. As such, the decision to "strike"was pretty much forced upon them by the industry failing to agree new terms with the WGA for new payscales.

So, why did they wish to renegotiate their old central contract payscales? Basically as I understand it, there were two main issues:

1. A poor remuneration rate on DVD sales

2. No remuneration rate from internet showings/downloads

The first of these is a nonsense. If your work is worth a certain amount when it's broadcast on TV or sold on VHS tapes, why should it be worth less in a DVD format? It's a complete scam by the studios. (This is not a new trick - for many years after CDs were introduced, the artist's royalty rate from CD was much less than for sales of vinyl. I'll spare you the history lesson, but it was basically big business (the recording labels) gouging a heap of cash off the back of the creative people involved in the process).

The no pay for internet viewing situation needed to be addressed on two grounds, principle and practicality. If they were not going to be paid for internet showings of their work, then that sets a precedent. If somebody invents a 3d projection system that comes in via your power supply, then they don't need for writers to be paid for any shows "broadcast" that way either. Or any other new technology. Secondly, on the practicality side of it, you have to consider the changing face of broadcasting. With the huge increase in broadband availability, who can predict what might happen in the next few years? How about special internet only episodes? We're doing 22 episodes this series, but we also want you to write 11 special internet-only episodes. Of course, you won't get any fees for these, but hey, you've got a job so stop complaining. Instantly they're getting another 50% out of you for nothing, or giving you a 33.3% cut in residuals, if you like. Who's to say that they might switch over to "broadcasting" entire series over the internet only Great, the studios decide to do it all over broadband, rake in all the advertising revenue, but only pay you basic rate with no residuals (royalties). That's a huge pay cut for a screenwriter, just to keep some fat cats and shareholders in champagne and cigars. (It's not all that far fetched to think they may switch to broadband if the market saturation of it gets high enough - the alternative, cranking huge quantities of electricity into broadcasting masts or bouncing stuff up to satellites is not cheap. Arguably, broadband transmission may avoid some regulatory restrictions.

So basically, the WGA wished to address some anomalous and unfair remuneration practices, and safeguard their members' interests. The inability of the studios to reach agreement before the expiry of the old payscale pretty much forced the writers to strike.

Might I suggest that once you've been in the real world for a while*, and perhaps had the misfortune to be bilked out of a substantial amount of money by an employer (several thousand pounds in one case) for work that you have legitimately done, and expenses that you have incurred in the course of that work, you might have a bit more sympathy with people who feel that they should take action to protect "own monetary gain".

* Apologies if that sounds patronising - it's not meant to, merely a reflection that you are relatively young and can only have fitted so much experience into your life.

Or, how about this question?

How dare they force many times more people out of work, ruin other lives, all for their own monetary gain?

Well, technically, in the truest sense it wasn't even a strike. Their payrates are fixed by an agreement btween their trade association and the studios. So all their individual contracts will not specify a monetary amount but say that you will be paid in accordance with payscale agreed between the Writers Guild Of America and the studios.

That agreement expired on 31st October last year. So, technically, after that date, there was no pay set for these people. Arguably their individual contracts were therefore invalid, and equally arguably, if they had continued to work on, they would not have been entitled to any pay at all. They would have a case for arguing continuing custom and practice, but (a) that's a weak position to put yourself in and (:lol: it could be construed as a de facto acceptance of the old contract, which it plainly shouldn't as they wished to negotiate. Legalese aside, from having had to consult employment layers before, working without a full and valid contract of employment can be dodgy, especially if you're in dispute over some of the terms of the now-expired contract. As such, the decision to "strike"was pretty much forced upon them by the industry failing to agree new terms with the WGA for new payscales.

So, why did they wish to renegotiate their old central contract payscales? Basically as I understand it, there were two main issues:

1. A poor remuneration rate on DVD sales

2. No remuneration rate from internet showings/downloads

The first of these is a nonsense. If your work is worth a certain amount when it's broadcast on TV or sold on VHS tapes, why should it be worth less in a DVD format? It's a complete scam by the studios. (This is not a new trick - for many years after CDs were introduced, the artist's royalty rate from CD was much less than for sales of vinyl. I'll spare you the history lesson, but it was basically big business (the recording labels) gouging a heap of cash off the back of the creative people involved in the process).

The no pay for internet viewing situation needed to be addressed on two grounds, principle and practicality. If they were not going to be paid for internet showings of their work, then that sets a precedent. If somebody invents a 3d projection system that comes in via your power supply, then they don't need for writers to be paid for any shows "broadcast" that way either. Or any other new technology. Secondly, on the practicality side of it, you have to consider the changing face of broadcasting. With the huge increase in broadband availability, who can predict what might happen in the next few years? How about special internet only episodes? We're doing 22 episodes this series, but we also want you to write 11 special internet-only episodes. Of course, you won't get any fees for these, but hey, you've got a job so stop complaining. Instantly they're getting another 50% out of you for nothing, or giving you a 33.3% cut in residuals, if you like. Who's to say that they might switch over to "broadcasting" entire series over the internet only Great, the studios decide to do it all over broadband, rake in all the advertising revenue, but only pay you basic rate with no residuals (royalties). That's a huge pay cut for a screenwriter, just to keep some fat cats and shareholders in champagne and cigars. (It's not all that far fetched to think they may switch to broadband if the market saturation of it gets high enough - the alternative, cranking huge quantities of electricity into broadcasting masts or bouncing stuff up to satellites is not cheap. Arguably, broadband transmission may avoid some regulatory restrictions.

So basically, the WGA wished to address some anomalous and unfair remuneration practices, and safeguard their members' interests. The inability of the studios to reach agreement before the expiry of the old payscale pretty much forced the writers to strike.

Might I suggest that once you've been in the real world for a while*, and perhaps had the misfortune to be bilked out of a substantial amount of money by an employer (several thousand pounds in one case) for work that you have legitimately done, and expenses that you have incurred in the course of that work, you might have a bit more sympathy with people who feel that they should take action to protect "own monetary gain".

* Apologies if that sounds patronising - it's not meant to, merely a reflection that you are relatively young and can only have fitted so much experience into your life.

It is patronising. This has nothing to do with my age, and I know all of those points that you brought up. None of that is news to me. I know what their excuses are for hurting people. The fact remains that they DID in fact hurt people, many more people than they helped.

I am simply looking at this from the point of view that the writers, through their desire for more money, caused many times more people to lose money, to lose jobs, to lose houses. But, hey, they didn't care. As long as they get their own rise, what does it matter about everyone else?

Edited by Psychosis