Guest cancellation - Hayden Panettiere

showmasters

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We all know that these things might happen but four cancellations out of the five initial guests is a bit unfortunate to say the least ....

Indeed. That's quite an unenviable "achievement". ;)

Edited by Morden

• Moderators

urghhh

she was the only reason i was going

It's unfortunate, but as it's a convention with a lineup of 4-6 guests, they won't offer refunds based on one guest cancelling.

That's always the choice of an attendee to take the risk paying out just for one guest, rather than wanting to meet all of them.

• Moderators

You have to remmeber its not only about the guests going, its about the experience. I would expect it to be amazing even if there were no guests ;)

Amazing yes, but slightly expensive ;)

If we all just wanted to meet randomly in a hotel, I'm sure we could do that for free :P

Owh no :P I was SO looking forward on meeting her again! And finally get an autograph (had some chances during the Heroes World Tour, but I kinda forgot to ask for, how stupid can someone be? Whaha!)

This is a real bummer *sigh* Now Kirsten Bell would be a great replacement tho, as I totally loved her in 'Veronica Mars' ;) *wishful thinking*

Btw, I think Leonard Roberts won't be able to attend as he's got other work commitments as far as I know...

I seriously hope no other guest cancels... Good thing I didn't come for one guest in particular, but still this s*cks ;)

Gah. Ok, sulk almost over now. I was sulking on my friend's behalf as I've already met Hayden but my friend stated she likes her best, and I was probably going to give her my photoshoot ticket if she couldn't afford. I guess I'll have to break the news.

As long as the three men remain, I'll be alright. Santiago, Sendhil and David are all awesome.

As for a replacement, I don't mind male or female. Masi, Milo and Adrian haven't been mentioned for this yet, so one of them would rule. As for females, I love Dana and Cristine, so they'd be good. Although the character Elle annoys me, KB seems pretty cool.

Edited by Lenatalia

Owh no ;) I was SO looking forward on meeting her again!

I've never met her and I was really looking forward to it. :P I'm looking forward to meeting all of the other guests - and whoever the replacement is - but I'm still disappointed.

• Moderators

I'm glad I didn't book for any one guest specifically. My original thinking was 'a convention for Heroes? YAY! 4-6 Heroes guests? YAY!' .. so, technically we're still on track for that :P

Male or female, I really don't care about the balance or whatever. The way things are going, I'll be meeting at least 5 Heroes guests that I've never met before.

I know things have changed along the way, but all things considered I think SMs have done a great job of replacing guests etc ;)

And it's nice to know that Zachary, Greg, and Jayma are willing to do SM events - something we didn't know for sure before they were announced ;)

You have to remmeber its not only about the guests going, its about the experience. I would expect it to be amazing even if there were no guests ;)

Amazing yes, but slightly expensive ;)

If we all just wanted to meet randomly in a hotel, I'm sure we could do that for free ;)

Haha i dont know, some people might pay to meet you : )

We'll just say David B is coming and im sure we'd make a fortune :P

• Moderators

Haha i dont know, some people might pay to meet you : )

We'll just say David B is coming and im sure we'd make a fortune ;)

Haha nah, more people would offer to pay to punch me or something :P

(Don't get ideas!)

I must say i am really dissapointed, i didnt buy a ticket for one guest, but when you get Sylar cancel, then Charlie and now Claire its a major blow since IMO Zach and Hayden were the 2 biggest stars and what drew it to me in the first place. I'm sure it will still be good but im still gutted and very dissapointed.

I'm glad I didn't book for any one guest specifically. My original thinking was 'a convention for Heroes? YAY! 4-6 Heroes guests? YAY!' .. so, technically we're still on track for that :D

Male or female, I really don't care about the balance or whatever. The way things are going, I'll be meeting at least 5 Heroes guests that I've never met before.

I know things have changed along the way, but all things considered I think SMs have done a great job of replacing guests etc :smile:

And it's nice to know that Zachary, Greg, and Jayma are willing to do SM events - something we didn't know for sure before they were announced :D

Me too! I have a moment of "Oh NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" when someone cancels, but no matter who the replacement guest is I end up being excited about it, lol.

Btw, I think Leonard Roberts won't be able to attend as he's got other work commitments as far as I know...

I believe this is correct. Are you going to try and meet him? ^^

As far as dream replacement guests go, if it must be a woman, I'd be happy to meet any of the main cast ladies. I hope I don't offend when I say if a main cast member cancels, I expect a main cast member to replace them. Not that I wouldn't be happy to meet Cristine Rose or Missy Peregrym, to cite only a couple of them, but I would feel it'd be trading down. Having said that, I realize options are running out and there's no way to hold anybody accountable to these things, so I can't blame anyone but the sodding universe! *shakes fist at it*

What I mean to say is, if we can't have a female main cast member, I would rather have a male main cast member than a female recurring guest star, even if said male cast member is a repeat.

I believe this is correct. Are you going to try and meet him? ^^

Yup we are :smile: OMG I didn't tell you yet did I? :|

Sucks about Hayden cancelling :D After Zach, Greg and Jayma this is a lot of cancellations for this event now--I know it's no one's fault, but that doesn't make it any less disappointing. I know we get replacements for them, but either way I have favourites (as does everyone, I am sure) and every time I visit the board I fear that I'll see one of them has cancelled, as happened mutiple times now.

Anyways, for a replacement, I don't mind male or female either way. But if you're solely looking at females for the moment I'd love to meet Kristen Bell and Adair Tishlar. Though only Kristen would fall in the same category as Hayden when it comes to main cast members. And it would be fair (if possible) to replace her with another major cast member, not someone who was in 1 or 2 episodes.