new Guests for this show

showmasters

What does annoy me is that yet again the Gmex will miss out on supposedly "great" guests and MK or London will get them.

I'm not saying we don't have good quests, but we never get as big stars, which is quite disappointing.. Mk and London always get them, which sucks since I'm sure I'm not the only one who can't attend them anymore, even when I did I couldn't get to see anyone though, lol.

Oh well, yet another year when it all goes wrong.

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What does annoy me is that yet again the Gmex will miss out on supposedly "great" guests and MK or London will get them.

I'm not saying we don't have good quests, but we never get as big stars, which is quite disappointing.. Mk and London always get them, which sucks since I'm sure I'm not the only one who can't attend them anymore, even when I did I couldn't get to see anyone though, lol.

That's what has always puzzled me about MK, one of SM's biggest shows yet it's free entry? They could make an absolute killing on tickets alone, plus it seems to be the home of SM so you have to appreciate they'd want all the big guns for that event, and it goes without saying for London really.

That's what has always puzzled me about MK, one of SM's biggest shows yet it's free entry? They could make an absolute killing on tickets alone, plus it seems to be the home of SM so you have to appreciate they'd want all the big guns for that event, and it goes without saying for London really.

And yet we not only have to pay for the autographs but tickets to get in at the Gmex. Just typical really. XD

• Moderators

You can't charge for entry into a public shopping centre. Plus the 'free entry' brings in more attendees (both fans and casual) as it's a very unique event.

And just because the guest/s won't be at THIS Gmex, doesn't mean Showmasters won't try to get them for the next one .. it isn't guaranteed they'd have them at MK or London instead.

Also I highly doubt they always get a choice as to which event they'd like a guest at. They'll slot most in where they can.

Ah you know it will be.. It always is. XD

There's always been problems with the Gmex event, from Ian Somerhalder cancelling 1 or 2 days before to the event being cancelled completely, to be honest I used to absolutely LOVE these events but now it just always seems like there's a huge build up and then it falls apart right before the day.

I know I sound really cynical now but I just can't help but feel disappointed with the Gmex events :coolthumb: I just feel the MK and London ones are so much better and yet we can't all go to them, I really wish they would try and capture the same magic that they have up here.

The north isn't that bad guys, really.

Oh and don't bite my head off, I'm a loyal "fan" if you will who has been attending these since I was a child, I did all the travelling and the camping outside at MK, I've done all the queues for hours and hours, heh I remember the Hobbits event, I camped outside etc. and stood in the queue with my parents and friends for hours and they ran out of tickets about 2 people ahead of us. I'm just disappointed in it these days.

Edit: Hehe, if only a strike would work XD Nah, it wouldn't get anywhere.

Edited by Born To Run

I think we should all go on a Fans Strike and protest outside the Gmex about paying entry fees!!!!!!!!!!! We need to think of a slogan first to put on our pickets.

what do you mean we??

speak for yourself....but i'm sure it won't be hard,looking like a right lemon on that picket line all on your own!

:coolthumb:

I think we should all go on a Fans Strike and protest outside the Gmex about paying entry fees!!!!!!!!!!! We need to think of a slogan first to put on our pickets.

what do you mean we??

speak for yourself....but i'm sure it won't be hard,looking like a right lemon on that picket line all on your own!

:P

I'm sure he wouldn't be alone, and if I felt it would work, I'm sure I would do it along with him, but I know it wont get you anywhere, they'll never remove the entrance fee as I'm sure they'll say something about the venue costing more or something like that.

• Moderators

Protest about paying entry fees? :P

Graeme, you should go on a round-the-world 'Strike-Force' tour, where you and your one-man picket line take on the global corporations who DARE to hire their halls out AND CHARGE FOR IT!

GRA-EME! *clap clap clap* GRA-EME! *clap clap clap*

Go on man, be a hero.

what do you mean we??

I'm sure he wouldn't be alone, and if I felt it would work, I'm sure I would do it along with him, but I know it wont get you anywhere, they'll never remove the entrance fee as I'm sure they'll say something about the venue costing more or something like that.

FFS i've heard it all now!

if you think you could do better...why don't you set up your own event and see if you can get a location for a 100% discount....so that you don't have to charge the fans!

Edited by Dr Evil

To be fair on GMex, the first one had a great turn out of guests, I near enough wanted to meet everyone who attended. Unfortunately it was slap bang in the middle of an important time for me in my final year at uni and I had to prioritise, which meant missing out. Since then, I've never had the same wow factor from it. Sure there are some big names, but I'm very specific as to what I like - big on anime and blockbuster movies, but I don't tend to watch too much TV so stuff like lost and the star treks don't hold a great deal of appeal for me.

Obviously I wouldn't expect that these events were tailored around me but to some people the guest line ups would be ideal. When John R D and Andy Serkis were announced for the first Gmex, along with Veronica Taylor and Sean Schemmel I was really gutted I couldn't make it. Since then, I know John's been to plenty of other SM events but as luck has it I can never get to them :P

Protest about paying entry fees? :lol:

Graeme, you should go on a round-the-world 'Strike-Force' tour, where you and your one-man picket line take on the global corporations who DARE to hire their halls out AND CHARGE FOR IT!

GRA-EME! *clap clap clap* GRA-EME! *clap clap clap*

Go on man, be a hero.

Have you been on the Pro-Plus? The post about the phone number scared me :P

And I totally agree about the strike. I mean, all those concerts I've had to pay for over the years, the footie matches, the exhibitions... they've all been fleecing us for years! Man the barricades! Dole out the kalashnikovs! ДолгоÑрочной Ñлужбы революциÑ!! Free access to all for all!

It's a bummer about the non new guests, but as I said yesterday, at this point you're probably either going or not, so no one really loses out in the long run.

*I'm going to hide now :( *

Pro-Plus? Nah, I get high on stupid conspiracy posts :poki:

(That and boredom and 'ooh it's nearly an event HURRY UP!' syndrome)

P.S Sorry for scaring you.

I forgive you :P It was outdone about 10 minutes later by a 6'7" bloke at work doing Pikachu impressions :blink:

Pasdar aint that big. And not big at all outside Heroes.

He's not a face I see on the cover of Empire or in tabloids or Closer or Heat magazine (or any of them trashy celeb mags) and hardly a well known name like Patrick Stewart or Bill Nighy, - SM have called them "big". Besides Pasdar was at a recent SM event before I think so his return is hardly a surprise. :(:crying:

Edited by nicky

Pasdar aint that big. And not big at all outside Heroes.

While I understand what you're saying, and agree, I think we have to remember that "big" for SM is anyone who draws a crowd. And I would think that Adrian, along with Malcolm and James Marsters on Sunday will be the most popular guests there.