Anyone else not sure about attending CM this October?

nosfer2

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with Vodka 123 a few buffy/angel guests would do it for me. I have been to every Collectomania and this year has been a good year for seeing these guests in the UK but i have to say i dont want to see any of the guests announced so far, its nothing against showmasters i know we all like different things but i may not go to this one for once as its not worth it for me spending all the money getting to mk possibly staying over just to look round the dealer stalls. I like the idea of the halloween ball though so fingers crossed there may be some late additions.

nicky

I mainly go for Buffy and Angel guests too. I like visiting MK though, so might go to meet Jewell.

It's the same with any of these events - if you have a varied wider taste then you're likely to want to meet more people.

If you're only after one particular fandom/show etc, then it'll always be limited.

I know what you mean, but I think if you are going to have to travel any reasonable distance there has to be one guest that you really want to meet to make the journey worthwhile. There are lots of other actors and actresses I would really like to meet other than those from Buffy and Angel, its just that alot of the people from those shows are on my would make the journey worthwhile list. The current line up is good and I would want to meet at least six of the current guests if I was to go, its just that currently there is no one I really, really have to go and see that is lined up to appear.

I agree, you have to want to see the guests to warrant paying the amount you end up spending. Its not worth going if there is nobody you want to see is it?. I would pay the earth for the buffy/angel guests (and have) Still recovering from May the week James was here sure i spent well into 4 figures that week in london and C11 and with Charisma, tony, George and Mark here too so i dont mind for them but nobody else although i like seeing others too from others shows its not the same i only usually snap a few pics of other guests.

Nicky

I'm mainly coming for the party. Guests so far are uninspiring but Horror Ball makes up for it. :dance:

*confused*

If you're looking f/w to the horror ball, then presumably you like horror movies?

How can you say the guests are uninspiring with Romero, Hooper, Atkins and Barbeau on the list? :thumbup:

Personally, I think it's one of the best Collectormania line ups they've ever had!

:angel:

I'm very pleased with Collectormania 12 line-up. There's 4 Heroes guests attedning and i'm hoping that they bag a couple more.

What's good is that it will probably be a 1 day trip to MK unlike LFCC :P

But the days there attending, havn't been announced yet ;)

:(

LLAP ;)

I'm mainly coming for the party. Guests so far are uninspiring but Horror Ball makes up for it. ;)

*confused*

If you're looking f/w to the horror ball, then presumably you like horror movies?

How can you say the guests are uninspiring with Romero, Hooper, Atkins and Barbeau on the list?:(

Personally, I think it's one of the best Collectormania line ups they've ever had!

:P

No I don't like horror movies and have no idea who most of the horror guests are. But the ball sounds great. SM parties are usually fun - haven't been enough of them in recent years.

For my tastes the lineup is pretty uninteresting.

I'm mainly coming for the party. Guests so far are uninspiring but Horror Ball makes up for it. :o

*confused*

How can you say the guests are uninspiring with Romero, Hooper, Atkins and Barbeau on the list?:headscratch:

;)

No I don't like horror movies and have no idea who most of the horror guests are. But the ball sounds great. SM parties are usually fun - haven't been enough of them in recent years.

For my tastes the lineup is pretty uninteresting.

Apologies in that case. If you're not interested in Horror movies, it's understandable that you're not at all excited by the guests I mentioned. As far as stars or directors of classic horror films go though, they are absolutely amazing guests and afaik only one of them has appeared in this country at an event of this kind before, hence my enthusiasm :D

I'm very pleased with Collectormania 12 line-up. There's 4 Heroes guests attedning and i'm hoping that they bag a couple more.

What's good is that it will probably be a 1 day trip to MK unlike LFCC ;)

But the days there attending, havn't been announced yet ;)

:D

LLAP :o

I know but i'm sure the heoes guests will be here together on one of the dyas at least

I can't make it to LFaCC since the date change. (Parents have booked family holiday in Wiltshire and there's no way my mother will let me skip off down to London for the weekend when there is family bonding to be done. Which sucks).

But C12 looks good so far, even if not as good as LFaCC. I'd actually like to meet Chris Judge and Michael Shanks (and I think the chances are higher this year since SG-1's not currently filming.)

Plus, SM always get 30 guests, and so far there's not even 20, so I'm holding out for more interesting people soon. (Maybe we could steal some from LFaCC).

It's the same with any of these events - if you have a varied wider taste then you're likely to want to meet more people.

If you're only after one particular fandom/show etc, then it'll always be limited.

The thing is, I'm into several fandoms - Star Trek, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Red Dwarf, Quantum Leap, X-Files (but only the main two from that show!) - but at present there's nothing for me at this CM. (I've already met the Star Trek guests announced so far at previous Showmasters events.)

Edited by nosfer2

• Moderators

They can't have something for everyone - far too many fandoms out there for that. It is unfortunate when there's not something for people to want to come along for, but I still think it's a solid lineup that'll please a lot of people :D and of course there's still room for more.

The thing is, I'm into several fandoms - Star Trek, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Red Dwarf, Quantum Leap, X-Files (but only the main two from that show!) - but at present there's nothing for me at this CM. (I've already met the Star Trek guests announced so far at previous Showmasters events.)

Nothing for my tastes either (Buffy, HP, LOTR, Bollywood, Lost) although I'm mildly interested in the Heroes guests.

They can't have something for everyone - far too many fandoms out there for that. It is unfortunate when there's not something for people to want to come along for, but I still think it's a solid lineup that'll please a lot of people :D and of course there's still room for more.

Exactly. Can't please all of the people all of the time and I'm still hopeful for some more (good) announcements.

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe, maybe not. I wouldn't mind meeting Jewel and I'll be living closer to MK by October but it all depends on finances and whether I can justify spending the money for the con to meet one guest... if there wind up being more guests announced whom I want to meet (say for example a certain actress of my mother's generation :blush: ) then we'll see.

ETA: Also, David, I'm another person here who's into multiple fandoms, so, yes, there are more of us. It depends on the characters I fangirl. There are people from some of my shows I'd be interested in meeting and some that I'm not, naturally. I don't do the whole collect-the-whole-cast autograph strategy that some people seem to enjoy.

Edited by Trialia