Anyone else not sure about attending CM this October?

nosfer2

Are there usually queues outside like at LFCC before it opens or is it a little less manic? I'm pondering if I can just get the train in early that day.

Maybe this time next year I'll stop asking questions, LOL.

Edited by Psychosis

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

:P just admit it, you love asking the questions .. you'll do it for fun even when you know everything :P

Short answer - yes, if there's people silly enough to do so lol

Honestly, if there's a big guest then there's no stopping people at whatever event it is. Can we predict whether there will be or not? Nope. But it's always possible.

As with any event, it's best to get there as early as you can just to make sure

• Moderators

If LFACC proved anything, it's that Heroes fans are slightly rabid lol

But I don't think we've got anyone as big as who we had there, so it shouldn't be AS bad, especially if they get them for more than one day - that was a huge problem.

I'm half excited half dreading if/when they get Hiro ..

• Moderators

Yeah, they'll usually have the big guests on Sat/Sun, and Fri will be a fairly quiet day, so I guess we'll see!

I'd say Claire/Peter/Hiro are the biggy ones so we've had two .. one to go .. not that the others wont be popular but not manic proportions I hope!

There's a lot of people with posters/cast prints etc now so I expect a lot of them to go to C12!

Hmm, there's a few pretty park benches around MK? :P

Yeah, I've got a print I want to complete... though there's no Ando :P After that, only Ali, Masi, and Sendhil to go! I'm terrified of what it's gonna be like when Masi is there.

And whoo! Park benches. Blanket and pillow and I'm set... :P

Why do they do this to me? :( Conventions are truly evil.

• Moderators

http://www.richartprints.com/tv/Heroes/sli...roes%20Cast.jpg

^^ that's the print I've got .. got 4 at LFACC, will have another 3 at C12, 1 at GMEX, and at least 1 at Eclipse so it's gonna look very sexy eventually :P

You could just not go to bed! I know of a few people that've gone out for the night, then gone straight to the shopping centre and waited there til morning lol

• Moderators

Oooh that's a nice one :( I actually printed that one out and took it to the London Eye with me to get signed, but I ended up getting individual cast shots done instead!

I see you live in Stoke .. I went to uni there :huh: 01-04, unfortunately when there were only MK events so I never had that luxury of being close! ;)

It's my favourite cast promo but there are people missing :huh: Do you think people who aren't on there will be willing to sign somewhere? I could draw a stick Ando...

And oooh, did you go to Staffs or Keele? I'm at Staffs now. I'm doing CGI & Animatronics actually, maybe if I work really hard I can get a job at ILM and stalk Milo :(

• Moderators

Staffordshire Uni, Stoke campus .. it was alright, though I think Stoke's a bit of a crappy place but maybe I'm fussy lol I did Film, TV and Radio Studies .. still not working in the media yet but I won't give up :(

Hmm, I wouldn't want people signing stuff they're not in .. which is a bit tricky .. I dunno, they'd probably be willing but it's up to you if you're happy with it or not!

Hehe, I live in Hanley. I was hoping my course would be at the Stoke campus (which I could walk to pretty easily) but I got shunted to Stafford. Keep trying :( I'm probably gonna be in the same situatin as you, LOL.

And I know :huh: But I dunno if I want to buy something else, and I don't like getting 8 x 10s signed... I have no idea what else I could buy.

• Moderators

It's tricky because you'll never get the whole cast in a photo .. like the older season 1 promos don't have Jack Coleman in because he wasn't a regular in the beginning etc, so it's a pain in the bum!

That's why I went for what I did - I know I'll probably not get a few of them, but pretty much all the main ones are on there .. if I have to get a couple of individual 8x10s then I'll have to.

All I can think of is maybe some kinda Heroes eclipse poster without faces on it or the DVDs or something, then it's more general .. but I dunno what's available, I never even had a chance to look round LFACC :(

I know. I actually got a really nice Heroes film cell thing mounted and framed that I was gonna get signed, but then I realised that Jack wasn't on it, so I ended up buying the large season 2 promo print whch he's on... but Ando is on neither :( I don't expect guest stars to be on there, but damnit, put Ando on!

You just have to hope that people don't sign too big on yours :( You don't want people's faces to be scrawled al over by random people.

Maybe he'll be part of a photoshoot (they do them at collectormania, right?)... I could get that signed if I get it back on time. I just always put away 8 x 10s and never look at them again.

Edited by Psychosis

I LOVE photoshoots. More than autos, actually. I have a leatherbound photo album type book 50% full of photos that I've had taken in the past 6 years with different people, it's really nice to look back on it. It's funny though - I change SO MUCH over the course of being 14-20. You wouldn't think the person in the first photo (with Robert Patrick) and the person in the last one (with Robert Englund :() are the same person.

Edited by Psychosis

• Moderators

Well your photos do come out very well if I may say so! :(

I love Robert Patrick, I met him a few years back. Always wanted him to come back since, hope he does :o

Robert Englund was actually the reason I started going to these events, so I'll always be thankful for that :( luckily I got my photo with him at C5 back when they didn't do photo shoots, so it was free lol

Hehe, thanks. You wouldn't say that if you'd seen my old ones though! I used to be the ugliest kid you'd ever come across. Growing up was very kind to me.

And yeah, I'd love to see Robert Patrick again. First time I met him I was 14 and star struck to the point that I was literally shaking when I walked away. My favourite characters have always been the T-1000 and Freddy... now I have both I'm a very, very happy girl :( And both of them are such nice guys!

• Moderators

Reading this thread has amused me some... ;) David I never knew you went to Staffs Uni! :P I live just out of Stafford, for two more weeks, before I move down to Somerset.

I try to keep it quiet, I don't like being associated with Stoke ^_^ I made a vow never to go back there ever again in my lifetime :blush: