Announcement Reactions

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not impressed so far but with most SMs events I tend to be dissapointed until the last minute when they announce the most fantastic guests

not impressed so far but with most SMs events I tend to be dissapointed until the last minute when they announce the most fantastic guests

• Moderators

Music is such a wide subject that I know there'll be a lot of guests I have no interest in whatsoever, so I'm not that disappointed. I'm not really expecting anyone for me :smile:

And considering there's far too many I AM interested in at Sportsmania, maybe that's a good thing! :YAHOO:

Good announcements me thinks. Kind of expected Toyah as i know she does these kind of events but the other two are kind of surprising. Think i'd meet Celena as i've fancied her since i was in my teens and Alvin is a legend. I'm near milton keynes as i go there about once a month anyway for a bit of shopping in the centre mk so its hardly out of my way.so i'll go anyway just to check it out, the fact theres good guests is a definite bonus mind.

Can't say I'm suprised and just like DavidB, I don't think anyone I like will do this sort of event. More likely to meet them at a signing session in a store. Who knows, I could be wrong but I'm not getting my hopes up for this one at the moment.

The likelyhood of getting current acts is minimal so I suppose it was to be expected. Alvin's a nice bloke, met him years ago at Basingstoke Carnival with Brotherhood of Man and Jon Pertwee(?!)

Toyah is also lovely. Lead singer of the Honeyz is a bit obscure, maybe we could have an identity parade like they do on Never mind the buzzcocks.

You have to bear in mind this is the first event of this type, if ou look back to C1, and then compare some of the guests at the later events, it took a while to start pulling the bigger names in.

You are not likely to get current big music guests down to an event like this, although, the calibre of guests may grow over time, and there is still plenty of time to go.

Musical taste is a wide area, so even harder to please everyone at an event like this than at Collectormania or LFCC.

• 3 weeks later...

the cheeky girls!!!!! seriously!

I know....... but after all it's still two months away. From an objective point of view Jones and Young are good guests for Mark - even though they're not my cup of tea they should drum up a lot of business. So the caliber of guest is going the right way (up)...