STAR WARS Guests

dazzlerjames

After meeting loads of SW actors over the years I thought I'd ask opinions on best and worst and why??

Mine are:

Best - the regulars Paul Blake, Jeremy Bulloch, Kenny Baker, Dave Prowse, Warwick Davies probably because they always find the time to chat.

Worst - Billy Dee Williams - didn't even look up! (too botoxed up I think)

ALL TIME FAVE: MICHAEL SHEARD (a true gent and one of the nicest men in showbiz, also my first ever celebrity meet. I was sad to see him die so young)

Best : Christopher Lee such a phenomenal chap! Very friendly and just an all round great!

Also Brian Blessed, he is such a gent, Temuera Morrison was cool (we had a chat about biscuits).

Worst : None ........yet

Best : Christopher Lee such a phenomenal chap! Very friendly and just an all round great!

Also Brian Blessed, he is such a gent, Temuera Morrison was cool (we had a chat about biscuits).

Worst : None ........yet

I hear that every year in Disney MGM florida, they have, at the end of may beginning of june, a star wars week...

It just so happens that next may I'll be going to Disney Wrold so maybe my meagre autpgraphs collection will grow!!

Mine has got to be Jeremy Bulloch. I first met him in 98 at Blackpool at the Imperial and on every occasion the man has not failed to impress me with his courtesy, kindness, humour and just general all round good guy-ness.

He surely didnt play one of the baddies did he? :clap:

Im sure hes a Jedi. :D

Hats off to Jeremy and a great guy for SM to invite - I will never tire of meeting him.

Why did you find it hard to speak to Dave Prowse? - I felt the same first time I met him as well. I also found Peter Mayhew abit grumpy first time but have since found him pleasant enough.

I guess it depends what mood they're in. I was trying to show my son Kenny Baker and trying to explain that it was R2D2 at another show recently. I have multiple sigs from him so didn't want another and he wouldn't even acknowledge us - maybe because I wasn't paying him to!

I found the same thing at the ROTS premiere we all waited in the cold and wet for the actors and the ones who now seem to make a living out of autograph selling didn't come over but those that did ie. Hayden, Ian, GL and Rick McCallum were more than happy to sign (a few) autos.

Bruce Spence was great at both the Ep3 premiere in London and at GMEX2 - lovely bloke. At the premiere he made time to come over and talk to those of us who had been at the front barriers throughout.

Peter Geddis - again - a lovely bloke, chatty and happy to pose for pictures without any pressures. I was however very gutted to find myself in the wrong costume on the only day he was there (I was Jedi on Saturday). I wore my Rebel Fleet Trooper costume on the Sunday only - that would have made an awesome picture with him.

I have seen a great pic of Darth Vader 'throttling' him though on the day - that was great. Vader rocks! :D

I found Dave Prowse, Jeremy Bulloch, Warwick Davies and most of the regulars a real pleasure to talk to, the worst has to be Kenny Baker who seems to have little time and just wants to sign and get rid of you.

The rarer signers that get invited to Empire Days were great, no-one was really rude at all and some were happy to chat even during their sandwich and coffee breaks, posing for photos with children even though we wernt paying them. Maybe its because they dont sign regulary that they are happy for the rare chat to someone taking an interest in the parts they played in the movies

Kenny Baker (and his wife) was always very nice and chatty when I met him. Mayhew was ok, but I have a friend who spend a whole day with him visiting Paris and she told me he was very cool. Maybe he is now quickly bored at events?

yeah,i had a bad experience with peter mayhew years ago... i wanted him/asked him politely to do a personalisaton and his handler said he didn't do them.

i directed my request to mayhew himself,again politely,and his handler cut in again and said in a more aggresive tone that mayhew wasn't doing personalisations...

it's not so much peter mayhews fault but he has a tongue in his head,he could have answered for himself...

instead he let his handler,some jumped up oik,do the talking for him.

but i'm sure he's a nice enough fellow.

Hmmm I haven't really met a bad Star Wars guest yet. They've all been really nice.

Of all those I've met it's a hard choice to pick one out who I've liked the most but the stand out guest for me would be Paul Blake.

Other great mentions should goto Jeremy Bulloch, Mike Edmonds, Toby Philpott, Femi Taylor, Simon Williamson.

the best would be quite hard to choose, but would probably have to one of: Bonnie Piesse, Rohan Nichols or Derek Lyons, all of whom were super friendly, more than happy to pose for photos and happy to chat for ages. Jeremy Bulloch and Tem Morrison were also very friendly, to be be honest most of those I have met have all been good experiences.

The worst would have to Billy Dee Williams, he wouldnt even look up at me, he did eventually shake my hand after id held it out for a while, but even then he did so without looking up.

I've met quite a few guests over the past 10 years. Most have been very friendly and accommodating. When I first met Peter Mayhew in 1999 (I think) he was really nice and chatty which made my day as Chewie is my favourite SW character. However when I met him last year at CM he was kind of grumpy and a bit reluctant to dedicate even without a queue.

Like many others have said, Jeremy Bulloch and Warrick Davies are always really great to meet and very friendly and polite. Others that have stood out for me are Richard LeParmentier, Jerome Blake and Femi Taylor. However I also have to say Michael Sheard was my favourite. An absolute pleasure to meet and chat to and very freindly and accommodating. He will be missed on the circuit I am sure.

Edited by Lodsy

I still remember my first meeting with Michael Sheard. He stood on the stage at an event and shouted now pay attention (in a Mr Bronson voice). The whole room went silent and still as he laughed and said works every time!!

I once received an email (new years greeting) from Peter Mayhew (by mistake I think) and it had the email addresses of all of the other SW actors on the circuit!!

He also emailed me the details of the sith premiere in London - what day, time etc but when I met him I found him abit stand offish - however he did pose for a photo and personalise with no probs.

Best - Paul Blake, Alan Ruscoe, Michael Sheard and Angus Macinnes

Worst - I hate to say it David Prowse was a bit miserable but it could have been an off day

Have never had a REALLY bad experience (touches wood)

Oh, and Ray Park - he was a good laugh

• 2 weeks later...

When i met Dave Prowse at an event last year in Rotherham i tried to chat with him and mentioned about the situation with him and Lucas fallig out over the unmasking of Vader, and he just snapped at me and said none of it was true.

I could tell that he didn't really want to chat, so he would be my worst guest.

Best would be Alan Harris who i met at C6. He chatted to me for ages and was a great guy. Jeremy Bulloch is also one of my favourites

Got to say id have to put the ones ive met into 3 catagories-

The OUTSTANDING ones that ive met so far (the ones that actually will talk to you for as long as you want, and are actually interested or seem interested in what you've got to say) have been Jeremy Bulloch, Jerome blake, Garrick hagon and Anthony daniels.

The NICE ones ive met so far are Carrie fisher, Kenny baker, Peter mayhew, Ray park, Gary kurtz, David prowse

The BAD one for me has to be the same as most other peoples choice Billy dee williams

Oh and ive made up one more catagorie just for this guy-

Most Annoying/Obnoxious one Daniel Logan :yoda:

Edited by Yodas'stuntman

• 2 weeks later...

Best guests: First time i met dave prowse, very talkative. Jeremy Bulloch also, spent 15 mins with him as he had no queue.

Im ashamed as a star wars fan to say that those are the only 2 star wars guests i've met.

But, I recieved the celebration europe email today and it turns out showmasters is in charge of getting guests!!

My 'posters of the saga' poster will hopefully be filled at this event.

• 2 weeks later...

Best meets for me would have to be :

Mark Hamill (Lovely guy)

Michael Sheard (Legend)

Femi Taylor (Lovely lady)

Worst Meets

Probably have to be Prowse and Mayhew, always seem uninterested and grumpy, with the only sparkle in their eye being when you produce your cash !!!

Never had a bad experience with any STAR WARS guest and i have attended STAR WARS events for years.

Even Billy Dee Williams looked up,smiled and shook my hand.

As the STAR WARS films are my ultimates,i really dont know what i would do if i had a bad experence.

Just wish Carrie would do a photo shoot !!