Fed Con UK

showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

For many years now Fed Con in Germany have run some of mainland Europe’s largest sci-fi shows, including the Official Star Trek convention.

convention.jpg

We are now teaming up with them to run UK shows.

airguitar.jpg

(Picture shows Jason in serious discussion with the organisers of Fed Con)

Fed Con UK will be a celebration of Star Trek throughout the years, with amazing guest line-ups. We also intend to have the replica movie set brought over from Germany allowing photo opportunities where you can have your picture taken in the Captain’s chair on board the Enterprise.

bruecke_3.jpg

(Fed Con’s German crew at play)

And we’ll also have some excellent parties which will go on into the small hours.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fantastic news. I've wanted a big annual Trek one like this in UK for years, with lots of guests.

And was saying we need something to mark the 40th anniversary in the George and Walter post on the suggestions page.

Guest suggestions - as many TOS stars you can get in this special year. Even in the US no one has so far got all the surviving TOS crew appearing together at an event in this 40th year. It would be cool if we could outdo the US for a change :D

Edited by Hans_Blaster

B):D

What's that for? :smile:

I'm just surprised. They used to work with the other event organizer before but obviously Dirk

has changed his mind. another show was my first ever convention in 2001. Since then I've been to

all of the another show events. All of them were in Bonn except this year where they moved to bloody

Fulda in the middle of German trees :o Next year they come back to Bonn which is located closer

to home (one hour and a half by car).

But for some reason, I can't imagine another show in the UK .... whatever, I will still go to the German

event because it is closer and easier for me to get there. But I guess it's a good announcement

for UK Trekkies.

• Moderators

B):D

What's that for? :smile:

I'm just surprised. They used to work with the other event organizer before but obviously Dirk

has changed his mind. another show was my first ever convention in 2001. Since then I've been to

all of the another show events. All of them were in Bonn except this year where they moved to bloody

Fulda in the middle of German trees :o Next year they come back to Bonn which is located closer

to home (one hour and a half by car).

But for some reason, I can't imagine another show in the UK .... whatever, I will still go to the German

event because it is closer and easier for me to get there. But I guess it's a good announcement

for UK Trekkies.

What's it actually like? If you can possibly sum up an event in a short description lol I'm curious :)

What's it actually like? If you can possibly sum up an event in a short description lol I'm curious :)

another show is one of those "real" conventions where the focus is more on guest talks than getting an autograph like at Collectormania.

That's about the shortest summary I can give you.

You want to add something, lams?

No, it's a pretty good summary QS.

All I can say is that it is mainly Trek oriented. The bigger guests are all from ST while some less important guests come from other shows such as Buffy, Angel, etc.... but I'm not sure it will still be the case next year. This event might become very Trek oriented again.

WOW!!!! Jason moves quick!!!!

:pyth:

Anyway, I'm one of those guys in the picture with Jason. The guy near the end..the guy with the....you know...I'm the one with the air guitar...the massive......uh....hmmm...I'M THE BLACK GUY!!!!!! Dammit!!!

Nonetheless, another show Germany is proud to be a part of SHOWMASTERS and SHOWMASTERS is definitely proud to be a part of another show Germany!!!

img103.jpg

I've known Jason for quite a few years and I have been hosting FC for the last 11. We look forward to establishing a different brand of conventioneering in tandem with the marvelous events SHOWMASTER is known for in the UK. With Jason's talents, Dirk's talents, my good looks and the UK Fandom world behind us, we hope to provide you with a stylized version of the Sci-Fi media events you know and love. Not that Jason needs our help at all because of the solid reputation he has and the quality events he puts on, but both organizations felt that a sharing of the talents can benefit the only group of people important enough to receive such gifts: SCIENCE FICTION FANS!!.

img59.jpg

Our intentions are to amaze you. To entice you. To have you wanting more and to support us as ultimately the best source for the itch in your pants known as STAR TREK........and them other damn shows and movies also.

If you'd like an early look at a photo gallery that can best describe our events (remember, photos never does an actual even t justice), look HERE for current and past pics of another show and maybe you'll get an idea of what's in store for you.

e055.gif

Now think about this. You got a Brit, a German and an American joining forces to tickle your funny bone, pull your leg a bit and make you scream in delight. All this and a plate of bangers and mash to go!!

What the hell are bangers and mash anyway? :angel:

startrek01.gif

Edited by FEDCON MC