showmasters

Latest Update - 28th March 2020

Posted (edited)
On 5/9/2020 at 8:49 PM, Disneymaniacus said:

I have already cancelled my flights from The Netherlands and requested vouchers.

Even if it would go ahead I wouldn't feel comfortable going to such a big event in these strange times.

I do understand if the UK is putting the quarantine rule in place, but I really hope they will understand the impact.

Unfortunately I can't afford to waste £120 on tickets, so require a refund. And unless Showmasters cancels the event, I won't get the money back. Simple as that really.

EDIT: Just read a reply to another comment on Twitter that says: "As things are currently changing on a weekly & sometimes daily basis, any updates will be issued across our social media & directly to ticket holders. We're hoping to provide an update at the start of June. Thanks for your patience & stay safe." So it looks like it will be at least 3 weeks before any updates.

Edited by Starbuck73

23 hours ago, Starbuck73 said:

Unfortunately I can't afford to waste £120 on tickets, so require a refund. And unless Showmasters cancels the event, I won't get the money back. Simple as that really.

EDIT: Just read a reply to another comment on Twitter that says: "As things are currently changing on a weekly & sometimes daily basis, any updates will be issued across our social media & directly to ticket holders. We're hoping to provide an update at the start of June. Thanks for your patience & stay safe." So it looks like it will be at least 3 weeks before any updates.

Hi

I'm sure this years lfcc is likely to be cancelled.As others have said upthread it'll be a question of insurance and some kind of business confidentiality to sort out before any official word can be made.

One thing I would say that applies to myself as a self employed tradesmen working in residential properties, following government guidelines on returning to work,as well keeping distance from my customers, I must have all door and windows open when I'm working in any property to create good air flow and ventilation and I can't see any possibility of that at Olympia, especially in the autograph area..... if you know what I mean? Lol

5 hours ago, apollofan said:

Hi

I'm sure this years lfcc is likely to be cancelled.As others have said upthread it'll be a question of insurance and some kind of business confidentiality to sort out before any official word can be made.

One thing I would say that applies to myself as a self employed tradesmen working in residential properties, following government guidelines on returning to work,as well keeping distance from my customers, I must have all door and windows open when I'm working in any property to create good air flow and ventilation and I can't see any possibility of that at Olympia, especially in the autograph area..... if you know what I mean? Lol

They actually don't have all of Olympia any more as another event is now scheduled for the same weekend so LFCC will take place in a smaller space, which means we actually don't know what halls they have and where anything will be, so it's possible that they auto's might take place in the older halls with higher ceilings, but it's a moot point anyway because, yeah, the likelihood is that even a reduced LFCC won't be allowed to go ahead.

17 hours ago, Raylenth said:

They actually don't have all of Olympia any more as another event is now scheduled for the same weekend so LFCC will take place in a smaller space, which means we actually don't know what halls they have and where anything will be, so it's possible that they auto's might take place in the older halls with higher ceilings, but it's a moot point anyway because, yeah, the likelihood is that even a reduced LFCC won't be allowed to go ahead.

The wait for information concerning this is really taking it’s toll…

If this event is planning to reschedule or cancel, could we have confirmation soon please. Thank you 

24 minutes ago, Litafan83 said:

If this event is planning to reschedule or cancel, could we have confirmation soon please. Thank you 

As said earlier in this thread, Showmasters are planning on providing an update in early June. 

I really hope they reschedule or cancel this event, because I m from Germany and I wont fly to UK until everything gets a little better. If they really do the con in july but smaller - with probably just UK celebs this will be really not fair to lots of people who already bought entry tickets.  I hope they cancel/reschedule and because I will coming back 100% I would be fine taking vouchers ;) 

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, MrsCorleone said:

I really hope they reschedule or cancel this event, because I m from Germany and I wont fly to UK until everything gets a little better. If they really do the con in july but smaller - with probably just UK celebs this will be really not fair to lots of people who already bought entry tickets.  I hope they cancel/reschedule and because I will coming back 100% I would be fine taking vouchers ;) 

Even if the event does go ahead you may have problems as UK government will soon be introducing a 14day quarantine period on arrival to U.K. for all international travellers. Not sure if this will extend to July but it seems likely 

Edited by benweblight

The way I'm seeing this, I probably won't be going at all. There's now two months until LFCC is due to happen and that's a very short time to buy all the tickets I want (usually I space out my purchases over several payslips so I don't bankrupt myself). Not to mention we have no idea whether the situation will be better or worse by July. But yeah even if things do clear up in time, which seems unlikely, I don't think I'll be going. 

I would love for this to happen as it'd mean some kind or normality back. However, sadly I don't see this going ahead. The government is unlikely to allow for any gatherings larger than a cinema or theatre to open until September. Also wish social distancing, which will likely still be happening them, there's no chance of staying two meters apart from everyone. Photo shoots will be non-exsistant with that rule and you won't really be able to speak to the guests that well :-( Thats not even thinking about the entry queue. I read if Heathrow did social distancing for every aircraft then each queue would be over a mile long! That's just a couple of hundred people. Change that to a queue with a few thousand as LFCC would have, you're looking at an entry queue that would have to be almost 10miles long!

That all said, I would likely still come along if it does go on as I'm a massive fan of Showmasters and love your events. I'm just not that optimistic.

A suggestion though, if it didn't go head, perhaps you could do some kind of behind closed doors event? Have some guests come along and do signings for postal orders only. You could maybe have some online Q&A's with each guest through the weekend and people could pay something to tune in.

Posted (edited)
On 5/17/2020 at 3:02 PM, MrsCorleone said:

Unfortunately due to health (& timing) issues, I am unsure if I will even be able to attend a rescheduled event at the moment, so a refund is currently my only option.

I am due in hospital next week & possibly again before the end of the year. I have emailed Eventbrite directly about this but am yet to hear anything back from them.

Edited by Starbuck73

I don't think you can reschedule it anyway as SM runs multiple events through out the year, they may be able to move guests to another event but as I see it if it can not go ahead it will be cancelled. and we can start planning for LFACC Summer 2021

On 5/21/2020 at 7:01 AM, scifisteve said:

I don't think you can reschedule it anyway as SM runs multiple events through out the year, they may be able to move guests to another event but as I see it if it can not go ahead it will be cancelled. and we can start planning for LFACC Summer 2021

Apparently from what's going on is that anything massive event wise i.e. LFCC, Collectormania etc will not be back up and running until next year. I can't see the likes of pubs/clubs reopening quickly if they have to place the rules of COVID-19 in like 2 meters apart etc, I honestly can see everything media and stuff we do like cinemas, conventions, shows, pubs/clubs will be reopening not at least until 2021.

Posted (edited)

With the 14day quarantine for incoming travellers announced today, unless these restrictions are lifted by the middle of July, we are unlikely to see any International guests/visitors even if the event does go ahead 

Edited by benweblight
  • Like 1

I’ll look forward to an update on lfcc july please. I really hope that this event is still happening. Fingers crossed 

On 6/1/2020 at 2:52 PM, Litafan83 said:

I’ll look forward to an update on lfcc july please. I really hope that this event is still happening. Fingers crossed 

I wouldn't keep my hopes up...but we'll see. I think the winter edition might go ahead tho. 

For those people who feel comfortable going, I hope the event still goes ahead for you. For those of us who do not feel comfortable going, I hope we are going to be entitled to refunds or an exchange for vouchers to be used at a future con. I know this isnt the usual process but hopefully there will be flexibility in the bizarre times we are living in :rolleyes:

• Like 2

The Ideal Home Show at Olympia which should be the same weekend as LFCC has been postponed until March 2021