Jump to content
showmasters

Latest Guest Announcement - TOM FELTON

Recommended Posts

22 hours ago, Chris1970 said:

Most likely a VQ guest. All autos are sold on the day and can not be pre booked unless you get a Diamond Pass.

So that will mean queuing to pay for the auto and then queuing to get it?  I have a Diamond pass for Ian Somerhalder on the Sunday, what would be the best way to do it?  Get there really early and queue for the auto first and then carry on with the day? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, T2ggergal said:

So that will mean queuing to pay for the auto and then queuing to get it?  I have a Diamond pass for Ian Somerhalder on the Sunday, what would be the best way to do it?  Get there really early and queue for the auto first and then carry on with the day? 

No, you grab a vq ticket as early as possible, then can go about your day but keep checking the queue line to see what numbers are allowed to queue. Once your number has been called, you queue up and pay either at the table half way down the queue or to the crew member with the guest and get your auto.

 

Diamond passes will be called before vq tickets so it may be best to get there first thing. As you have a diamond you don't need to get there really early as you are guaranteed the auto as long as you go on the day there are there.

Edited by Wrong Name

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This will be my first time at LFCC, going especially for Tom, but does anyone know roughly what time the photoshoots start? I’m travelling from the north east on the Sunday morning & wont get there till after 11am, but in my haste to book tickets, selected batch 1 for the photo shoot. Will it be a problem if I miss batch 1?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, orpheous87 said:

This will be my first time at LFCC, going especially for Tom, but does anyone know roughly what time the photoshoots start? I’m travelling from the north east on the Sunday morning & wont get there till after 11am, but in my haste to book tickets, selected batch 1 for the photo shoot. Will it be a problem if I miss batch 1?

Photoshoots probably start at 9.30 on sunday, you can join a later batch if you miss batch 1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, orpheous87 said:

This will be my first time at LFCC, going especially for Tom, but does anyone know roughly what time the photoshoots start? I’m travelling from the north east on the Sunday morning & wont get there till after 11am, but in my haste to book tickets, selected batch 1 for the photo shoot. Will it be a problem if I miss batch 1?

Hi Orpheous, 

There will be a schedule released about a week before the convention, that will detail exact times.

For big guests like Tom, there is normally an AM and a PM shoot, and you can go anytime after your batch is called. So even if you miss the AM shoot, you will still have the opportunity to go in the PM. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wrong Name said:

No, you grab a vq ticket as early as possible, then can go about your day but keep checking the queue line to see what numbers are allowed to queue. Once your number has been called, you queue up and pay either at the table half way down the queue or to the crew member with the guest and get your auto.

 

Diamond passes will be called before vq tickets so it may be best to get there first thing. As you have a diamond you don't need to get there really early as you are guaranteed the auto as long as you go on the day there are there.

Sorry i wrote that wrong, i meant queue up to pay for the auto then get the VQ ticket?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, T2ggergal said:

Sorry i wrote that wrong, i meant queue up to pay for the auto then get the VQ ticket?

As you have a diamond pass for the 1 guest go and get any VQ's you need for other guests first, they are more important.  You only pay for auto's once you are in the queue and you need a VQ to be in the queue for any guests you don't have a diamond for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

As you have a diamond pass for the 1 guest go and get any VQ's you need for other guests first, they are more important.  You only pay for auto's once you are in the queue and you need a VQ to be in the queue for any guests you don't have a diamond for.

Sorry i'm getting really confused, when i went last year i decided to get Paul Wesleys Auto so i had to queue downstairs to pay for it then back up to the queue to get it.  Is that cause i was paying by card?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, T2ggergal said:

Sorry i'm getting really confused, when i went last year i decided to get Paul Wesleys Auto so i had to queue downstairs to pay for it then back up to the queue to get it.  Is that cause i was paying by card?

Yes, mostly people pay cash but if you pay by card you have to go to the sales desk to buy vouchers but the vouchers aren't guest-specifc but the VQ tickets are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, T2ggergal said:

Sorry i'm getting really confused, when i went last year i decided to get Paul Wesleys Auto so i had to queue downstairs to pay for it then back up to the queue to get it.  Is that cause i was paying by card?

Yes.  You only go to the sales desk if you are paying by card and they will give you auto vouchers, if you pay by cash you just do that at the guests table.  But even if you are paying by cardt again, go and get your VQ's first as they are more important, and then come back down and get the vouchers.

VQ = Virtual Queue.  It's a numbered ticket that is literally your place in a queue so you can go off and do other things.  So for any guest you don't have a diamond for you need a VQ (apart from any low price guests, everyone above £20/25 will be on the VQ system) and you go and get them first, as soon as you get in.  Once you have your VQ's you can keep checking back for them, and your diamond pass for Ian, and once your number have been called you can join the queue's.  You then pay for the auto when you get to the head of the queue for that guest (if paying cash), or hand over your auto vouchers.

 

Edited by Raylenth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, The_batflash123 said:

Yes, mostly people pay cash but if you pay by card you have to go to the sales desk to buy vouchers but the vouchers aren't guest-specifc but the VQ tickets are.

 

4 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

Yes.  You only go to the sales desk if you are paying by card and they will give you auto vouchers, if you pay by cash you just do that at the guests table.  But even if you are paying by cardt again, go and get your VQ's first as they are more important, and then come back down and get the vouchers.

VQ = Virtual Queue.  It's a numbered ticket that is literally your place in a queue so you can go off and do other things.  So for any guest you don't have a diamond for you need a VQ (apart from any low price guests, everyone above £20/25 will be on the VQ system) and you go and get them first, as soon as you get in.  Once you have your VQ's you can keep checking back for them, and your diamond pass for Ian, and once your number have been called you can join the queue's.  You then pay for the auto when you get to the head of the queue for that guest (if paying cash), or hand over your auto vouchers.

 

Thank you both!  I'll just make sure i take more cash with me this time.  I hadn't planned on getting Pauls auto so didn't take enough last time!!  That makes complete sense now!

 

Glad i'm sorted now and my son will be happy!!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wrong Name said:

No, you grab a vq ticket as early as possible, then can go about your day but keep checking the queue line to see what numbers are allowed to queue. Once your number has been called, you queue up and pay either at the table half way down the queue or to the crew member with the guest and get your auto.

 

Diamond passes will be called before vq tickets so it may be best to get there first thing. As you have a diamond you don't need to get there really early as you are guaranteed the auto as long as you go on the day there are there.

Just a word of warning. If Tom is as popular as Peter Capaldi, Matt Smith etc last year, then unless you get a diamond pass, the chances are that you won’t be able to get an autograph. Peter and Matt stayed late last year just so that the DP people got their guaranteed autographs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, melliott1963 said:

Just a word of warning. If Tom is as popular as Peter Capaldi, Matt Smith etc last year, then unless you get a diamond pass, the chances are that you won’t be able to get an autograph. Peter and Matt stayed late last year just so that the DP people got their guaranteed autographs.

Tom is there all 3 days which helps a lot and has done events before, whereas Peter and Matt hadn't in the UK.  So it's a while since he's done one over here, and he will be very popular, but I do think he's likely to get to VQ tickets (depending on how chatty he is) though obviously there's no guarantee of how many he will see.  It is sensible to buy the DP if you really want a guest, but it's not always necessary.

Edited by Raylenth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The_batflash123 said:

Photoshoots probably start at 9.30 on sunday, you can join a later batch if you miss batch 1.

 

1 hour ago, tenaciouspirit said:

Hi Orpheous, 

There will be a schedule released about a week before the convention, that will detail exact times.

For big guests like Tom, there is normally an AM and a PM shoot, and you can go anytime after your batch is called. So even if you miss the AM shoot, you will still have the opportunity to go in the PM. 

Great, thank you both. I am normally better organised and check the travel aspect first, but completely forgot this time! Hoping to get an autograph too, but will see how that goes when we get there. Photo is definitely a priority! 

I've only done Collectormania before, so wasn't sure how things worked at the bigger convention, this has helped put my mind at ease! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, orpheous87 said:

I've only done Collectormania before, so wasn't sure how things worked at the bigger convention, this has helped put my mind at ease! 

Pretty much the same but on a bigger scale.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Harry Potter related, enough said! My ticket has been bought :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m booked for the photoshoot on the Sunday, in batch 1 :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Caz87 said:

I’m booked for the photoshoot on the Sunday, in batch 1 :) 

You'll be able to touch him :o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just one more quick question, does anyone know what the gift would be if you got the Diamond pass?

 

TIA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, T2ggergal said:

Just one more quick question, does anyone know what the gift would be if you got the Diamond pass?

 

TIA

It's usually a mug or something similar

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stupidly excited about this. Tom has always been on my list of people I’d love to meet. I adore Draco

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×