General Chat

6 minutes ago, VikingGrrrl said:

I bet you've met a lot of guests then! :D

You'd think but probably not as many as you are expecting.  There were lots of years where I didn't go to events and my collecting habits are quite specific.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, natedammit said:

Because you were taken to your first con as a baby, of course.

Image result for Hannibal lecter gif

1 minute ago, natedammit said:

That sounds like something a hella creepy guy would say in a film.

Image result for Hannibal lecter gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

You'd think but probably not as many as you are expecting.  There were lots of years where I didn't go to events and my collecting habits are quite specific.

Well at least you must have seen a lot of guests, even if you haven't actually met them ;)

5 minutes ago, Broo said:

2 as well :)

Con age buddies!! :D

• Like 2

I like the con age idea! Mine is 8. This year I'm meeting again my first con's guests: Edward James Olmos and Mary McDonnell. I'm making a point of thanking them personally for all the great experiences and people I've met since then, partially because of them. :)

2 hours ago, VikingGrrrl said:

Oh! How about we talk about our con "age" istead? As in years between now and your first con? Well, my con age is 2 ^_^

First con.. Why do you have to bring up age again.. :crying:

Edited by Chris1970

6 minutes ago, VikingGrrrl said:

But it's con age, not regular age :D

The higher the nummer, the more experience you got (most likely) ;)

Then my con age begins 1986, do your maths.. I was an exchange student in the US and there it begins. But in the beginning it was many years between I went to cons.. in the 00’s it has been on yearly basis, multi or special.

Some people clearly had cooler parents than I did. Didn't start until I was 15. Didn't start doing LFCC until I was 18.

So I guess that makes my con age around 8

But now I try and do 5/6 cons a year to make up for it XD (and even then that's nothing compared to some).

Edited by tenaciouspirit

28 minutes ago, tenaciouspirit said:

You guys had cooler parents than I did! Didn't start until I was 15. Didn't start doing LFCC until I was 18. But now I try and do 5/6 cons a year to make up for it XD (and even then that's nothing compared to some).

25 when I started, came across a con in Belfast, you were a spring chicken! :lol:

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, wjbleming said:

25 when I started, came across a con in Belfast, you were a spring chicken! :lol:

True. But as we established yesterday. Some of these youngsters start even earlier :o

Glad to see so many people with 'young' con ages though. It shows how much the hobby has really taken off in the past few years, with more and more people getting into it. I remember my first con in 2010 was one of the bigger ones at the time, but even that was tiny compared to what we get now.

Edited by tenaciouspirit
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, tenaciouspirit said:

True. But as we established yesterday. Some of these youngsters start even earlier :o

Glad to see so many people with 'young' con ages though. It shows how much the hobby has really taken off in the past few years, with more and more people getting into it. I remember my first con in 2010 was one of the bigger ones at the time, but even that was tiny compared to what we get now.

True, it has grown alot! I was an exchange student in San Diego back in 1986-87 and I went to a local con there, and I can tell you it is much much larger now. I can only remember one guest and it was Stan Lee, dont think there were much of actors/actresses.. not that I remember..

Edited by Chris1970
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Chris1970 said:

True, it has grown alot! I was an exchange student in San Diego back in 1986-87 and I went to a local con there, and I can tell you it is much much larger now. I can only remember one guest and it was Stan Lee, dont think there were much of actors/actresses.. not that I remember..

Bet Stan Lee wasn't half as popular as he was at LFCC 2014 either!

43 minutes ago, tenaciouspirit said:

All you whippersnappers jumping on our bandwagon, there we were putting in the time, attending these things and getting them to where we are now and you all just swan along like it's always been like this.....:whistling:

• Haha 3