Queuing times?

Hi there. It's my first year at LFCC. And now that Peter Capaldi is going, he is to be my priority on the saturday to get in line to meet him and get his autograph. I thought about the diamond pass but it was too much money and I'm trying to save so I opted to buy the photoshoot and talk tickets seperately (they really should sell autograph tickets online), so I was just wondering, how are the queues normally at LFCC, especially for guests like Peter Capaldi? It's more then likely the first thing I'm going to do once I get to the con (plan to be there as early as I can)

• Like 2

With LFCC being the flagship show for SM, it's going to be BIG, Kyle. Best advice is to get there early and go straight to Peter's autograph table. There'll be crew handing out Virtual Queue tickets (you grab a numbered ticket and can join the queue when you're number is on the board at the end of his queue.) You're not guaranteed an autograph this way, but you can hope for the best! :smile: 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Kyle Whisper said:

I'm still wary of how that works though, but it sounds to me like it's something similar to how you line up to board a flight in a gate, they call a certain group of numbers and you get in line for it. 

That's correct.  Showmasters don't sell the auto tickets on line before hand as this can lead to massive issues on the day - there's no guarantee that the guest will get through everyone because they might be a slow signer, need lots of breaks for health/comfort ect. 

If you can afford it nearer the event, as long as upgrading hasn't closed and the Diamonds haven't sold out you can always upgrade your single tickets to the Diamond pass and just pay the difference. The Diamond is always advisable for the big names but it doesn't mean they will be impossible to get without it.  Just remember as Leming said this event is very busy so it's good to be there early to queue and/or be there right to the end of the day. 

As Leming said you need to go straight away and find where Peter will be sitting when you get in and get your numbered ticket.  This is only your place in the queue though and is not a guarantee of getting called for his auto.

• Like 1

Well I might considering upgrading to the diamond (if you can provide a link to how I do that, that would be great), but just out of curiousity, are the numbers on the VQ tickets random or do they give out each number in order as they are bought? I plan to be there VERY early on the saturday (I'm also attending the friday so I should be able to scout where Peter will be sitting so I can speed)

• Like 1

Just now, Kyle Whisper said:

Well I might considering upgrading to the diamond (if you can provide a link to how I do that, that would be great), but just out of curiousity, are the numbers on the VQ tickets random or do they give out each number in order as they are bought? I plan to be there VERY early on the saturday (I'm also attending the friday so I should be able to scout where Peter will be sitting so I can speed)

The VQ (Virtual Queue) tickets are free Kyle, as they don't guarantee you an auto and they are literally just a place holder they wouldn't charge for them.

They are like a book of raffle tickets so start at 1 and go up sequentially so it is all totally fair. 

To upgrade you just need to email the shop and ask them about it, you can get them at shop@showmastersevents.com.  Please note that they may take a few days to get back to you, they will respond as quickly as they can but they get a lot of email, so don't worry if you don't hear back from them immediately.

It is possible Peter's seat won't be marked out on Friday - they often change things around from Friday to Saturday depending on the needs of the guests that day.

• Like 1

Unless they squeeze too many photo sessions in I wouldn't be that worried about getting a good VT number for Peter, he's there two days and the price will deter some. Wouldn't surprise me if he even ended up open queue.

Edited by TerraHawk
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, whitewillow said:

I would advise getting there at least 1 hour before opening time, so that you get in really soon and get a low number on your virtual queue ticket. The first people to get a VQ ticket get the lowest numbers, as they are given out in order.

To be honest, based on past performances and the like, if you're going Saturday and want a specific person who's under VQ, I'd almost say 2-3 hours before opening. There have been occasional times when the only people able to meet a guest have been those with a Diamond pass.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Mayhem said:

To be honest, based on past performances and the like, if you're going Saturday and want a specific person who's under VQ, I'd almost say 2-3 hours before opening. There have been occasional times when the only people able to meet a guest have been those with a Diamond pass.

Well, for the Diamond Pass Guests getting there early is a must, yes. But there are still plenty of guests on  VQ tickets who you can meet without being there at the crack of dawn, even on a Saturday.

• 4 weeks later...

Will there be anything there on the day as we enter to say which guests (all diamonds I assume plus other top billers) start on VQs by default and which for want of a better phrase are "most likely" to go to a VQ at some stage, or will it always be a case of us manually going round and checking?

Going round and checking Rob.  They never provide a list, I think simply because of the complications that could arise if at the last minute guests they say aren't on it are put on it ect.  Assume anyone £20/25 and above will be on VQ's

• Like 1

1 hour ago, robmoriarty said:

Will there be anything there on the day as we enter to say which guests (all diamonds I assume plus other top billers) start on VQs by default and which for want of a better phrase are "most likely" to go to a VQ at some stage, or will it always be a case of us manually going round and checking?

I can't make any promises. At this point it is purely an idea of mine and has not been discussed or heaven forbid approved by the office.

But as I have no idea how Twitter will be handled during the show this year with David gone my idea was I'd at least put the location of the Diamond Guests on the forum, and maybe some other info as well. (This year I can actually attend again for a change.)

I'm not sure if SM will want the VQ ticket info online for the reasons Raylenth has said. But I will keep everyone updated on this, I promise- 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Raylenth said:

Going round and checking Rob.  They never provide a list, I think simply because of the complications that could arise if at the last minute guests they say aren't on it are put on it ect.  Assume anyone £20/25 and above will be on VQ's

Understood.

17 hours ago, Queen_Sindel said:

I can't make any promises. At this point it is purely an idea of mine and has not been discussed or heaven forbid approved by the office.

But as I have no idea how Twitter will be handled during the show this year with David gone my idea was I'd at least put the location of the Diamond Guests on the forum, and maybe some other info as well. (This year I can actually attend again for a change.)

I'm not sure if SM will want the VQ ticket info online for the reasons Raylenth has said. But I will keep everyone updated on this, I promise- 

Fab idea, hope it gets approved. Many thanks for your efforts as always QS. 

Question/clarification for either of you. Do VQ ticket numbers continue to apply into the next day if needed, or do they restart at the beginning of each?

22 minutes ago, robmoriarty said:

Understood.

Fab idea, hope it gets approved. Many thanks for your efforts as always QS. 

Question/clarification for either of you. Do VQ ticket numbers continue to apply into the next day if needed, or do they restart at the beginning of each?

The ticket is valid for the day you get them only Rob, so yeah, if you don't get through you need to get a new one the next day - and they are marked up to show which day they are given out on.  And yes the count restarts the next day to reflect the new numbers given out.

Edited by Raylenth