Question about Vape Pens/Electronic Cigarettes

I know I asked this previously about my cosplay, but I'm wondering, I do smoke e-cigarettes and would like to know if there's going to be a designated place i.e. a smokers place where I would be able to puff on my e-cigarette or vape pen as I know Queen Sindel did say that I wasn't able to smoke the e-cigarette/e-cigar when I asked about it with my Metal Gear Solid 3 cosplay, or would it just be outside completely.

Thanks for the heads up and info from you wonderful peeps.

I've already ranted at length about this in another thread so I won't delve too deeply into that now. But to hell with it, I will say this: dear smokers, please have some consideration for us non-smokers when we're all packed together in a long queue for an hour. We can't always move away from you and we don't necessarily want to carry that scent on us for the rest of the day :) That is all.

• Like 7

I remember a sign at the entrance asking people to refrain from smoking near the entrance, but some ignored this.

I'm a non-smoker, but I did read somewhere that one smoker is courteous to move out of the queue to smoke.

Unfortunately, this would probably not be possible due to barriers being used.

I remember a sign at the entrance asking people to refrain from smoking near the entrance, but some ignored this.

I'm a non-smoker, but I did read somewhere that one smoker is courteous to move out of the queue to smoke.

People were popping in and out of the entrance queue to smoke and run to the newsagents across the road every morning last year. Their friends held their spot for them, and I didn't witness any complaints around me. I think we are a reasonable enough group of souls that this would hopefully be the case again this year.

• Like 1

I've already ranted at length about this in another thread so I won't delve too deeply into that now. But to hell with it, I will say this: dear smokers, please have some consideration for us non-smokers when we're all packed together in a long queue for an hour. We can't always move away from you and we don't necessarily want to carry that scent on us for the rest of the day :) That is all.

Thankfully, the e-cigs I use are not full of nicotine or tar, they're just the 0% nicotine ones. Same with my vape pen, I know what it's like to carry the scent of smoke on me for a while (my friend used to smoke a lot at college and so did my mom before she gave up)

But that being said, I will probably see if I can find a empty space to stand and vape on my e-cig/vape pen without blowing it into other peoples faces :)

• Like 1

Thankfully, the e-cigs I use are not full of nicotine or tar, they're just the 0% nicotine ones. Same with my vape pen, I know what it's like to carry the scent of smoke on me for a while (my friend used to smoke a lot at college and so did my mom before she gave up)

But that being said, I will probably see if I can find a empty space to stand and vape on my e-cig/vape pen without blowing it into other peoples faces :)

I don't know much about vaping, but what is the point of a 0% nicotine e-cig?

It's for people who "don't smoke" who want to try smoking/vaping and knowing that no nicotine is going into their lungs.

People were popping in and out of the entrance queue to smoke and run to the newsagents across the road every morning last year. Their friends held their spot for them, and I didn't witness any complaints around me. I think we are a reasonable enough group of souls that this would hopefully be the case again this year.

I was round the corner opposite the Kensington station. Only had one or two smokers in that area.

I remember a post on the 2015 LFCC thread about some persons smoking in the queue.

At the spring LFCC, I nipped out of the pre-paid queue to help interpret for a deaf person who was paying on the day, and my friend went out to buy some coffee from a nearby Costa.

Both times, other persons and crew members allowed us to go back to our place in the queue.

• Like 1

Here Here times 1000 :-)

Vape and e cigs I cannot say I have had to much of that in my life yet, but its an odd sight in doors when I see it rarely.

I sadly the last few years had some very ignorant people around me in line (for as many as 4 hours!). I say the word ignorant as there are Children in the line! Smoking around children really winds me up beyond words.

If I had brought children I would not be able to stop myself going a bit mental at some people. As some people do not even listen to nicely worded please can you not do that comments.

I wear contacts, smoke pretty much speeds up their lasting time, drys them out and destroys them (yup seriously, and they cost 15 quid a pop). Having fag ash flicked into my face more than a few times is seriously disturbing.

Hurt yourself with cigarettes etc... do not ever hurt others.

But all you nice people who dont do it, my hats off to you all :-) if only everyone had a little of you in them.

Sorry for the rant haha Off topic a bit I know. This is just aimed at the few who are a little disrespectful and not the majority of nice peeps :-D

• Like 1

People wanting to give up can have different types of % nicotine e-cigarettes to get them off of nicotine reliance. The most common is 0% and alot of smokers who have "given up" use the vape cigarette or e-cigarette so their hands are busy and they still "smoke" without "smoking".

Personally, I hate vaping cigarettes as much as cigarettes

• Like 1

Can we have queue marshals asking people not to smoke in the queues outside please. As a lifelong non smoker the stench of cigarette smoke makes me choke (also the stench of McDonald's food makes me gag but that is totally off topic), because I hate it when you ask someone near you when you are in a line of other people (also kids in the queue as well) not to give me lung cancer and they then think that they are original by blowing smoke in my face.

• Like 2

Can we have queue marshals asking people not to smoke in the queues outside please. As a lifelong non smoker the stench of cigarette smoke makes me choke (also the stench of McDonald's food makes me gag but that is totally off topic), because I hate it when you ask someone near you when you are in a line of other people (also kids in the queue as well) not to give me lung cancer and they then think that they are original by blowing smoke in my face.

This. I don't exactly exude confidence, especially if it's a situation like this. I'd probably end up apologizing to them. So I wouldn't dare ask myself, but if someone was there to enforce a no-smoking rule I'd feel a whole lot better.

• Like 1

Olympia dont allow the use of these things inside the building

Can Showmasters please note this and ensure ALL staff working the event are fully briefed to challenge people on this. It isn't on, and even medical experts are now saying that they should be restricted like regular smoking in buildings.

Close thread.

Just to say I don't know if it would be doable. It's outside so it's not actually against the law so whilst they can ask, there's probably nothing they can actually do.

Yeah sadly it comes down to how much respect they have for people around them. No one can police it outside yet. So they can do anything they want.

Mind you if we all open our mouths wide and point at them like Invasion of the Body Snatchers..... thet will work haha

• Like 2

Can Showmasters please note this and ensure ALL staff working the event are fully briefed to challenge people on this. It isn't on, and even medical experts are now saying that they should be restricted like regular smoking in buildings.

Close thread.

Olympia staff should be fully briefed on their own house rules - there is really not much influence SM has on this than pointing it out again to their contacts.

The thing is, a lot of staff can't be bothered to enforce the rules. Disneyland Paris for example is a strictly non smoking venue too. Enforced? Not so much. People are even smoking when there's crowds around characters... cost me one of my favourite t-shirts. A parent was upset Captain Hook choose me before their child... got a nice little burn mark. Approached staff... no reaction whatsoever. Just shrugged their shoulders.

Close thread.

Olympia staff should be fully briefed on their own house rules - there is really not much influence SM has on this than pointing it out again to their contacts.

The thing is, a lot of staff can't be bothered to enforce the rules. Disneyland Paris for example is a strictly non smoking venue too. Enforced? Not so much. People are even smoking when there's crowds around characters... cost me one of my favourite t-shirts. A parent was upset Captain Hook choose me before their child... got a nice little burn mark. Approached staff... no reaction whatsoever. Just shrugged their shoulders.

Um... deliberate on their part? :o

I've seen people smoking on the platform at a train station even when there are multiple signs up stating "no smoking or vaping" and the staff see them doing it but nothing is done about it, they are oblivious to it.

I know I said that I'm a smoker but I'm mindful of my surroundings when I am smoking, I stand away from people that are non-smokers.

This year I'm going to Vape instead of smoking as I don't want to be smelling of smoke along with being smelly because of sweating. Also I find myself with a really bad headache by the end of the day because I've smoked so much.

• Like 1