Latest Guest - MADS MIKKELSEN - Star Wars Rogue One Update

Hmmm. Good point. That's........irksome......

Queen, is there any way the office can find out about this - I was going to send my poster in as I have paid for a pre order but don't want to waste the opportunity if he can't sign it.

I don't hate you for it Wrong Name, better to know.

Edited by Raylenth

I know you're all gonna hate me for this, but do be prepared that he may not be allowed to sign either Dr Strange or Star Wars items as neither will be out at the time of LFCC.

Good point... Would be good to have this clarified!

I know you're all gonna hate me for this, but do be prepared that he may not be allowed to sign either Dr Strange or Star Wars items as neither will be out at the time of LFCC.

Mads signed all sorts of Star Wars stuff at a Canadian event when he was in the middle of filming as he was merrily adding his character's name to posters before that info had been released.

He won't be able to say anything about either project but I really don't see this as an issue. Dr Strange has two officially released posters. Why wouldn't he be able to sign either? I've never heard of an actor turning down someone for a signature either at these events or on the streets if they were holding promotional material for a film said actor is in but before that film's release date.

Mads signed all sorts of Star Wars stuff at a Canadian event when he was in the middle of filming as he was merrily adding his character's name to posters before that info had been released.

He won't be able to say anything about either project but I really don't see this as an issue. Dr Strange has two officially released posters. Why wouldn't he be able to sign either? I've never heard of an actor turning down someone for a signature either at these events or on the streets if they were holding promotional material for a film said actor is in but before that film's release date.

I've seen it happen many times. A recent example would be Jimmy Vee who is playing R2-D2 in Star Wars Episode VIII. He had been announced for the role but at cons this year he was not allowed to sign anything Star Wars related. I also heard about Gwendoline Christie refusing to sign Star Wars items before Episode VII was released. It happens.

Edit: Here's the link on this forum for people saying that Jimmy wouldn't sign Star Wars items in Belfast. http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=91230

Edited by Wrong Name

Well my brother bought a Alfred from Gotham picture for Sean Pertwee to sign just before it aired and he was told he was not allowed to sign it so it is a legitimate concern.

Really? How odd. Had the promotional material been released at that stage? If say there had been a leak of images from Rogue One (which there hasn't been) I can understand why an actor wouldn't be allowed to sign but signing a promotional poster for Doctor Strange that was officially released months ago by the studio? Would be terribly odd if that wasn't allowed. It's not an issue I've ever come across before. I would like him to sign something Strange related but am never personally fond of having actors sign anything they're not featured on so in the absence of a character poster for him will probably choose something else. I guess have multiple choices to hand in case there is an issue.

I've seen it happen many times. A recent example would be Jimmy Vee who is playing R2-D2 in Star Wars Episode VIII. He had been announced for the role but at cons this year he was not allowed to sign anything Star Wars related. I also heard about Gwendoline Christie refusing to sign Star Wars items before Episode VII was released. It happens.

Interesting. He has definitely signed multiple Star Wars items already though. I saw the pictures.

There could possibly be an issue with the Star Wars element as i'm sure his character hasn't been officially announced if I remember rightly so could be a lot more cautious with this? Might be mistaken though!

I know he said it in an interview but that wasn't from Disney themselves!

There could possibly be an issue with the Star Wars element as i'm sure his character hasn't been officially announced if I remember rightly so could be a lot more cautious with this? Might be mistaken though!

I know he said it in an interview but that wasn't from Disney themselves!

You're right his character hasn't been announced and there aren't as yet any official Rogue One promo materials.

Well my brother bought a Alfred from Gotham picture for Sean Pertwee to sign just before it aired and he was told he was not allowed to sign it so it is a legitimate concern.

Really? How odd. Had the promotional material been released at that stage? If say there had been a leak of images from Rogue One (which there hasn't been) I can understand why an actor wouldn't be allowed to sign but signing a promotional poster for Doctor Strange that was officially released months ago by the studio? Would be terribly odd if that wasn't allowed. It's not an issue I've ever come across before. I would like him to sign something Strange related but am never personally fond of having actors sign anything they're not featured on so in the absence of a character poster for him will probably choose something else. I guess have multiple choices to hand in case there is an issue.

Yeah, it was an officially released promo picture of Alfred that my bro had bought off one of the stalls while we were there. He got to the front of the queue and was told he was unable to sign it. He was apologetic with it though.

If this could be clarified it would be great as 'a rogue one' is the only one I would like signed. Thanks

If any exceptions are known these will be posted once known.

Most of the time I'm afraid the announcement is made at the show only. On the air dates and promotional dates are subject to Chance on short notices way too often.

My pleasure. I wish I could give you more exact info, but at least I wasn't the bearer of bad news again who had to tell you guys no way.

Although now when I see you've posted in here I'm really apprehensive that you might be posting something bad for us :crying:

Im back to trying to decide whether or not to buy a diamond pass im currently 70/30 for

In the same boat! Probably go down to the wire incase of any last min additions!

Same, I'll regret it if I don't meet him, but at the same time...