Clarification of Diamond and Gold Passes

• Showmasters Admin

Not necessarily as last year prepaid were let in the same as golds

Sorry Vicky that is not true , i have to come in here from time to time to put to bed untruths and myths.

I myself let in all the golds first thing i let them all go in and when the line was empty i gave the order to let both the pre paid and the pay on the day in at the same time , i myself have dun this for the past 10 years and i have never change this way of letting the public in and i can say 100% this is the truth.

hope that helps clear that one up of you and everyone

jason

I was there, Vicky. I can confirm that Jason is telling the truth here. All the golds that were queuing up were let in before the early birds/pay on the day started moving.

Thank you Shagel it'd important to kill these rumors before they become fact , its amazing on here where things become fact and even i read them and wonder where did that come from.

i have to say some people do repeat things as fact when they are intact wishing something to be the case and these wishes do sometimes create problums for us when we have to enforce the rules that have been laid out , some times it can we someone understanding it the wrong way , thats why we have mods on here to try to help keep it correct, but there is a lot of you now days and things are harder to keep to fact but we all try.

jason

• Showmasters Admin

Sorry Vicky that is not true , i have to come in here from time to time to put to bed untruths and myths.

I myself let in all the golds first thing i let them all go in and when the line was empty i gave the order to let both the pre paid and the pay on the day in at the same time , i myself have dun this for the past 10 years and i have never change this way of letting the public in and i can say 100% this is the truth.

jason

I was there, Vicky. I can confirm that Jason is telling the truth here. All the golds that were queuing up were let in before the early birds/pay on the day started moving.

i was also upfront when Jason opened the doors and have been the last few years when he has done the same.

thank you also

StuartG2198
  • Like 1

• Showmasters Admin

Is it only the diamond pass guests gold holders will need a VQ ticket for?

Do you confirm this to still be the case?

Yes its just the Diamond pass guests that you do not get priority access to.

the other 135 odd media guests you get to jump the lines

hope that helps

jason

• Like 2

Quick question that will ease my mind, is the time good holders have at entry (10 mins is it?) from the moment the first gold pass holder goes through the door or the gold pass holder at the end of the line? If it's 10 mins after the last person in line that will make it MUCH easier for us Gold Pass holders to get the VQs when we get in.

Sorry Guys, I think you're forgetting that everyone can read your comments, As a Standard ticket holder, I do find it a little bit Dis- Respectful that you seem to want the whole venue to yourself. Like Jason says above. The gold are let in first then once the queue has gone he lets us all in...

Yes you get priority, You get a Goodie bag, you get to front of queues... you get a bit for your money. But please do remember everyone else is here to, to meet their Heroes etc. You may find those in the Queues will be spending a whole lot more than you and don't even need the Gold Pass to do it. :smile:

• Like 9

Can't you at least consider early access to gold pass holders, 15-30 minutes earlier? I think this will make things more relaxed. As mentioned before, by the time you get your VT for one guest, the other ones will be flooded.

• Like 3

• Showmasters Admin

Quick question that will ease my mind, is the time good holders have at entry (10 mins is it?) from the moment the first gold pass holder goes through the door or the gold pass holder at the end of the line? If it's 10 mins after the last person in line that will make it MUCH easier for us Gold Pass holders to get the VQs when we get in.

Sorry Guys, I think you're forgetting that everyone can read your comments, As a Standard ticket holder, I do find it a little bit Dis- Respectful that you seem to want the whole venue to yourself. Like Jason says above. The gold are let in first then once the queue has gone he lets us all in...

Yes you get priority, You get a Goodie bag, you get to front of queues... you get a bit for your money. But please do remember everyone else is here to, to meet their Heroes etc. You may find those in the Queues will be spending a whole lot more than you and don't even need the Gold Pass to do it. :smile:

well said , we run the events for everyone and i have said for many years the gold pass holders money gos to providing more stages and free talks so these passes have a positive affect on the entire show and everyone that attends but no one is less important to us here and we understand far to well not everyone can afford everythign but we try to put on a great event for everyone be they are wealthy or not or a die hard fan that has save up all year to be there or a casual fan you are all important to us and we try hard to think of whats best for everyone.

jason

• Like 1

Can't you at least consider early access to gold pass holders, 15-30 minutes earlier? I think this will make things more relaxed. As mentioned before, by the time you get your VT for one guest, the other ones will be flooded.

I think that's a bit unfair or the people in the regular queue that have turned up really early to get VT; especially if some of them didn't get a gold pass because they didn't think the diamond guest were included and took their chances with trying to get VT. 10 minutes is plenty of time or whenever the gold queue has finished

• Like 1

• Showmasters Admin

No that would be changing the rules and that would not be fare on the none gold pass holders and if they had seen you get in 15 or 20 minutes earlier then maybe they would have bought gold passes but now they will not have been able to budget for them or have bought other passes so the answer is no we will leave it as it has been sins the first year we have offered gold passes we will let you all in around 10 minuets before the regular entry as that is what we have done for years , we do not change the gaol posts unless we really have to change something to make it work or make it fairer.

Jason

• Like 1

You have obviously never seen the 'goody bag' have you?

• Like 2

• Showmasters Admin

Just for clarification ... do Diamond Pass holders need VQ tickets? Some one suggested they do ... ?

you do not need a VQ ticket for the guests you bought a Diamond pass for all other guests you will need to get one as soon as you arrive.

hope that helps

jason

IF the person giving the VQ tickets is ready to distibute the moment you get in....If that person is still busy setting up, tying their hair or whatever, the regular entry ticketholders will be joing the line as well and you can only get one VQ at a time, so by the time you get 1 VQ ticket for a diamond guest, the line for any other diamond guests you might also want, will be swamped. As I said, hardly any value in that....nor a quiet and relaxed way to enjoy a con, which is what I want with a gold pass....

I am sorry we are ready to go on all guests by the time the public are in we have been there 3 hours before then and are at that point only whating for you to be let in , we have dun this before :-)

these guests are EXTRA ? not what you used to get last year from the show so gold passes if they want to get in early and get a VQ ticket in the morning that is a extra value to your pass not less sorry but how ever you like it , its extra and not something you got last year as we did not have this many large first time guests

Last year I had no indication you were ready, but I can give you the benefit of the doubt on that one.

I preferred the large guests you had last year over these, but that's personal preference :P Anyway, your stance is clear, I'm just sad you're missing my point: I want a relaxed way of enjoying your event, that means NO running for VQ tickets. I'm not buying a gold pass so you can bring in more guests. I rather not buy an autograph then have to run for a VQ ticket, thus I guess for your diamond pass guests I'll limit myself to either buying a diamond pass or nothing at all. If you consider that good business, than so be it.

I think that's a bit unfair or the people in the regular queue that have turned up really early to get VT; especially if some of them didn't get a gold pass because they didn't think the diamond guest were included and took their chances with trying to get VT. 10 minutes is plenty of time or whenever the gold queue has finished

No that would be changing the rules and that would not be fare on the none gold pass holders and if they had seen you get in 15 or 20 minutes earlier then maybe they would have bought gold passes but now they will not have been able to budget for them or have bought other passes so the answer is no we will leave it as it has been sins the first year we have offered gold passes we will let you all in around 10 minuets before the regular entry as that is what we have done for years , we do not change the gaol posts unless we really have to change something to make it work or make it fairer.

Jason

Thank you for the clarification. I guess I'm panicking because I bought the gold pass under the impression that I won't need VT for most of the diamond guest (my fault as it wasn't 100% confirmed). will see how it goes :)

Edited by Hemooo

jason

Yes Jason always opens the doors himself for Gold Pass holders 10 minutes early - by the way, the gold passes were let in at exactly the same time as regular ticket holders at MK but Ive been told Jason wasn't there.

We've always been let in about 10 mins or so early as gold pass holders which is normally suitable and should still be fine in this situation hopefully.

While it may not be ideal for Golds to get VQs (mostly in my case because I'm totally out of practice lol) but at least it's potentially only 4 guests or so.

Panic need not ensue.....

• Like 3

Can someone help me. If I have a diamond pass for CL and get his auto, can I get another one there and then and just pay for the extra one? If I want to get another one in a different day will I need to get a VQ ticket and queue?

• Moderators

From my perspective as someone who has been a gold pass holder at LFCC for a number of years now i agree with Jonathan and a few of the other similar comments, when all said and done you will still be in the venue before everyone else and will still get a low VQT

• Like 3

• Showmasters Admin

IF the person giving the VQ tickets is ready to distibute the moment you get in....If that person is still busy setting up, tying their hair or whatever, the regular entry ticketholders will be joing the line as well and you can only get one VQ at a time, so by the time you get 1 VQ ticket for a diamond guest, the line for any other diamond guests you might also want, will be swamped. As I said, hardly any value in that....nor a quiet and relaxed way to enjoy a con, which is what I want with a gold pass....

I am sorry we are ready to go on all guests by the time the public are in we have been there 3 hours before then and are at that point only whating for you to be let in , we have dun this before :-)

these guests are EXTRA ? not what you used to get last year from the show so gold passes if they want to get in early and get a VQ ticket in the morning that is a extra value to your pass not less sorry but how ever you like it , its extra and not something you got last year as we did not have this many large first time guests

Last year I had no indication you were ready, but I can give you the benefit of the doubt on that one.

I preferred the large guests you had last year over these, but that's personal preference :P Anyway, your stance is clear, I'm just sad you're missing my point: I want a relaxed way of enjoying your event, that means NO running for VQ tickets. I'm not buying a gold pass so you can bring in more guests. I rather not buy an autograph then have to run for a VQ ticket, thus I guess for your diamond pass guests I'll limit myself to either buying a diamond pass or nothing at all. If you consider that good business, than so be it.

You are not buying a gold pass to enable us to bring in big guests you have totally missed my point , the Dimond passes pay for and subsidies the Dimond pass guests not the gold pass.

As to whats good business, i would have thought that sticking to what we have offered our customers and delivering what we promise and not changing the goal posts just because of pressure from a few that want soothing that was not offered and infant they will get they just have to be there early if they really want it as a bonus as thats just what these guests are a bonus to the gold pass holders that they would not have unless the Dimond pass holders had not have come up to the bar and bought these tickets.

The thing is you come over harsh and angry to me as i cannot give you what you want, but on the day if you care a little you will be there in the morning and will get your VQ ticket and you will get you autographs, if you cared a lot you would have bought a Dimond pass and if you do not care at all then this conversation is irrelevant ?

just an observation ?

jason

• Like 1

• Moderators

Can someone help me. If I have a diamond pass for CL and get his auto, can I get another one there and then and just pay for the extra one? If I want to get another one in a different day will I need to get a VQ ticket and queue?

Im in the same position myself, my understanding is that you will just pay extra for anything on top of your diamond pass.

In terms of going back another day after you have had your diamond autograph and the necessity for a VQ i will have to get this clarified.

I think everything is completely fair. Diamond pass offers perks for 1 guest, Gold pass offers perks for over 100 guests plus you get free entry with it too unlike Diamond.

If people wanted to meet diamond pass guests, in all fairness they do have the opportunity to buy a diamond pass.

Diamond pass is great for people like me, I don't want a gold pass, I'll happily queue for the guests I want but if there is someone I really want to meet (Sigourney) I'm now guaranteed it with a diamond pass which includes everything I would have bought anyway auto, photo and talk.

• Like 3