Clarification of Diamond and Gold Passes

1 is correct but bear in mind that the Gold wristbands are handed out in the queue, so it is a case of them just walking in.

Cool, I was curious as I am a lowly regular and, although i'm not bothered about getting vq tickets, I do want to make sure i'm in incase I have an early photo shoot. Between me and my missus, we currently have 4 shoots booked and do not want to miss any of them :smile: *edit 3 now Emily has cancelled!

I guess I don't have to worry as much as I'm only going on the Sunday, so a lot of people would have got the shoots/autos from the previous 2 days I assume. I've only ever been to last years Winter con so don't know what to expect as this is a different beast. :borg:

Edited by reelbigmartin

I've always been under the impression as a Gold Pass holder that we might need vq tickets for the Diamond guests, this announcement just confirms the situation. In the Diamond pass announcements it was highlighted that that is the only way of being guaranteed to get the autograph, hence why I also purchased some diamond passes as well.

I remember a couple of years ago Showmasters asked about the interest in meeting the bigger guests and I'm glad that using the Diamond pass route has allowed the opportunity of bringing these massive guests to the show.

I can also understand having been going to the shows since the very beginning that some people are upset about the changes, but if you look at how the show has grown since 2004 at Wembley, it is on a whole different scale now.

I suppose the bottom line is that top guests cost money and you aren't going to cover their costs at £15 for an auto or photoshoot, using the Diamond pass model allows you to offer something different and of value which in turn opens up the opportunity of bringing in these guests.

I'm sure like many others there have been a lot of tough financial decisions that have to be made over the past few months, for example I would have loved to get a MJF Diamond pass , but I honestly couldn't justify it, so opted for the Delorean photoshoot instead.

It is honestly mind blowing though when I think about the event in a few weeks and I think I am really going to have to take a moment whilst there over the 3 days to really take it in and realise it is happening, there will be so many of my heroes and heroines from some of my favourite films there and to be able to get a photoshoot with Robert Englund in his Freddy Make-Up, MJF with the Delorean and Sigourney with an Alien Loader on there own would have probably have made this the best show ever. Throw in all the other great guests and everything else going on at the show over the 3 days and LFCC truly is becoming one of the best Film and Comic Cons in the World.

• Like 2

From my perspective as someone who has been a gold pass holder at LFCC for a number of years now i agree with Jonathan and a few of the other similar comments, when all said and done you will still be in the venue before everyone else and will still get a low VQT

This is my feeling too. I've no problem with getting VQT's if you can be there at opening and be let in first (which I can also confirm has always been my experience too. I've had many a handshake from Jason on the way in!)

My only issue is that on this ocasion I cannot physically get there to be in line for opening time and go and collect the VQT's, so whereby the Gold pass has helped with this in the past, it won't on this ocasion for the main 4 guests (excl. MJF who is Diamond only). I know this is my problem, and I'm not blaming anyone else for that, it's just personal circumstances which on this ocasion are making it more awkward than it has been for me in previous years with my gold pass.

1 is correct but bear in mind that the Gold wristbands are handed out in the queue, so it is a case of them just walking in.

One kind of wristbands are we talking about? Are they made of paper(the one you can't get rid off unless you cut off your wrist) or plastic that can be removed easily?

One kind of wristbands are we talking about? Are they made of paper(the one you can't get rid off unless you cut off your wrist) or plastic that can be removed easily?

Plastic and no, they can't be removed.

Plastic, but once you take them off, you can't put them back on. They are fine to shower in and get wet.
  • Like 1

Plastic, but once you take them off, you can't put them back on. They are fine to shower in and get wet.

Oh thanks!

So I'll keep all week end! Hope it's not too tight!

Oh and of course I meant what kind not one kind.

Hi there,

Can I please clarify a few things regarding the Diamond Pass photo shoots just to make sure that I have fully understood everything?

I have a Sigourney Weaver Diamond Pass (no idea what batch) which includes a standard photo shoot with Ms. Weaver, a prop shoot with Ms. Weaver and another photo shoot with Carrie Henn. When Jason's initial post states that "Other photo shoots with the guest you have a Diamond Pass for: You'll require a ticket for the photo shoot. You'll be called first in pass number order". What does this mean exactly. My impression is that the first shoot with Ms. Weaver will be counted on the Diamond Pass but does that mean for the second (the prop one) and the one with Carrie Henn will require something like a Virtual Queue ticket or do i need to make additional purchases despite the description of the Diamond Pass stating that these were all guaranteed? I'm mostly confused by the requiring a ticket part of the post.

My second clarification:
"Michael J Fox, Sigourney Weaver & Bill Paxton These guests have photo shoots on Saturday and Sunday, Batch 1 will be called on Saturday and Batch 2 will be called on Sunday. If you cant make the day assigned to you, please talk to the crew and they will look at moving your day."

Can it be guaranteed that the crew will be able to move our day? I only ask as I am coming in costume on the Saturday for my Hayley Atwell photo but do not want to appear in costume when I have my photos with Sigourney Weaver so was initially planning on having those photos taken on the Sunday.

I'm sorry to post things that may have already been asked and clarified but I just want to make sure of everything before the day arrives.

Many thanks,

StarkScribbler

Hi there,

Can I please clarify a few things regarding the Diamond Pass photo shoots just to make sure that I have fully understood everything?

I have a Sigourney Weaver Diamond Pass (no idea what batch) which includes a standard photo shoot with Ms. Weaver, a prop shoot with Ms. Weaver and another photo shoot with Carrie Henn. When Jason's initial post states that "Other photo shoots with the guest you have a Diamond Pass for: You'll require a ticket for the photo shoot. You'll be called first in pass number order". What does this mean exactly. My impression is that the first shoot with Ms. Weaver will be counted on the Diamond Pass but does that mean for the second (the prop one) and the one with Carrie Henn will require something like a Virtual Queue ticket or do i need to make additional purchases despite the description of the Diamond Pass stating that these were all guaranteed? I'm mostly confused by the requiring a ticket part of the post.Many thanks,

StarkScribbler

That does not apply to Sigourney as she's only doing the sessions covered by the Diamond Pass anyway. It doesn't matter for Carrie either. It would be an issue for Michael J Fox where a standard photo is covered, but the DeLorean photo is not.

Hi there,

My second clarification:

"Michael J Fox, Sigourney Weaver & Bill Paxton These guests have photo shoots on Saturday and Sunday, Batch 1 will be called on Saturday and Batch 2 will be called on Sunday. If you cant make the day assigned to you, please talk to the crew and they will look at moving your day."

Can it be guaranteed that the crew will be able to move our day? I only ask as I am coming in costume on the Saturday for my Hayley Atwell photo but do not want to appear in costume when I have my photos with Sigourney Weaver so was initially planning on having those photos taken on the Sunday.

I'm sorry to post things that may have already been asked and clarified but I just want to make sure of everything before the day arrives.

Many thanks,

StarkScribbler

No. A day move can not be guaranteed.

Swapping shoot days cannot be guaranteed. You need to talk to the crew as soon as possible on the day and they will see what they can do, but if they expect the other shoot to be full they may not be able to move you to it.

Thank you so much for your help Queen_Sindel and Raylenth, much appreciated.

As the day cannot be guaranteed does anyone know how to go about changing my Saturday photo shoot with Hayley Atwell to a Sunday one? She still has some left on the Sunday so should I purchase one and then contact Showmasters direct to explain the situation and get a refund for Saturday?

Many thanks,

StarkScribbler

I think you would need to contact the shop first, I wouldn't buy one first as I don't believe refunds are usually allowed and you may end up with 2. The shop will be the only people who can help you with this.

I don't think the batch system for diamond passes is very clear - maybe next year you could make them specific for the guest and the day so people could buy them for Saturday or Sunday.

Sorry but it's extremely clear. On the Event Bright store it says which batch you're buying in the listing. For example, they've sold out of Sigourney Weaver Batch 1 Diamond passes and are now selling Batch 2. Every photoshoot listing also states which batch you're buying and this information is repeated in the email order confirmation and on the tickets themselves. Can't get much clearer.

If you mean how the things you get with the pass are split between the days I guess the assumption is you may have to be there all days and there's no guarantee you can get everything in one day. That's my interpretation.

Edited by Rockstar6662

I don't think the batch system for diamond passes is very clear - maybe next year you could make them specific for the guest and the day so people could buy them for Saturday or Sunday.

Sorry but it's extremely clear. On the Event Bright store it says which batch you're buying in the listing. For example, they've sold out of Sigourney Weaver Batch 1 Diamond passes and are now selling Batch 2. Every photoshoot listing also states which batch you're buying and this information is repeated in the email order confirmation and on the tickets themselves. Can't get much clearer.

If you mean how the things you get with the pass are split between the days I guess the assumption is you may have to be there all days and there's no guarantee you can get everything in one day. That's my interpretation.

I understand the batch system but since they have decided to put the diamond passes batch 1 on Saturday and batch 2 Sunday I thought I'd give some feedback. I am there all weekend and it isn't something that is relevant to me though it is something being discussed. If they released the batches at the same time and dedicated a day for the photo shoot with a particular batch then people would be able to work around those days - especially for those that are cosplaying different characters for photo shoots

I understand the batch system but since they have decided to put the diamond passes batch 1 on Saturday and batch 2 Sunday I thought I'd give some feedback. I am there all weekend and it isn't something that is relevant to me though it is something being discussed. If they released the batches at the same time and dedicated a day for the photo shoot with a particular batch then people would be able to work around those days - especially for those that are cosplaying different characters for photo shoots

Okay, so if I get it, you're saying put Diamond passes on sale for different days at the same time like ordinary photoshoot tickets. Possible I guess.

Maybe I'm missing something because I'm new, but isn't doing it this way actually better for us gold pass holders? Since we get in before the regular entrance people, gold pass members should be able to get low VQ numbers for the diamond guests. Since the diamond guests are likely to be very popular, without us gold pass people having VQ tickets as soon as the diamond pass people finished you could have, like, 800 gold pass people try to queue up the minute the VQ numbers start. After all, nobody would want to miss their chance. Even if you did manage to be there at the right moment the open signing started with Sigourney Weaver, and were at or near the front, by the time you finsihed there would be a massive queue of gold pass holders for Michael Gambon and you would be stuck waiting there. And if you had to go off to get a photo op or something, by the time you came back there would probably be another new 50 gold pass members infront of you.

Yes, this policy will mean a bit of a rush at the start for us to get a low VQ number for diamond guests, but I think without it you would have massive queues of gold pass members stuck at the diamond guest signing booths. So yes, I hope to get an autograph from Michael Gambon, but I think my odds will actually be better because I will be able to get a low VQ number rather than if I had to try to get a good place in the queue if all the gold pass members showed up at once...

Anyway, I know I'm in the minority, but I agree with the decision.

thank you for seeing our logic we try to think this all though properly and look after everyone not just the few or the high rollers or the lucky people to be in the right place and the right time , so we plan things to be fair and try to do the right thing for everyone.

anyway thank you for thinking about this like we have.

jason

Agreed

Hoping there aren't too many gold pass holders wanting VQ tickets for the diamond guests first thing, but otherwise I think it's a good system in theory. Sure, if we want a VQT for a diamond guest we're going to have to turn up a bit earlier than usual to guarantee a good place in the Gold Pass queue (and I hope the crew members in charge of the diamond guest VQT system will be ready and waiting for us!) but otherwise, all the other perks are in place as far as I can see. I love my Gold Pass.

Finally I pray that it isn't anywhere near as hot as it was yesterday, pleasepleaseplease, dear weather gods, thank you.

I think that if EVERYONE, just didnt take 15-45 minuts talk time to every diamondpass guest, and actually give the rest a chance to get up there too. Plenty of people should be able to get an autograph and meet the idols too, goldpass or no goldpass. Nothing more annoying that seeing people telling their life stories to every single guest, with no regards AT ALL, for the rest that also have come to meet them.

• Like 1

Jason I saw a comment earlier which seems to have been overlooked but would be helpful information.

What happens with disabled attendees and their carers? Do they go in at same time as gold? Also do they need to queue for vq tickets for Weaver and Paxton etc

Thank you

Disabled attendees or their carers need to contact TooTall. He'll discuss your specific needs. Please e-mail info@showmastersevents.com, FAO TooTall.

Yes and very helpful he was too thanks !