Clarification of Diamond and Gold Passes

• Moderators

I've got a question.

Won't we get wristbands friday if were gold pass members? Surely we won't have to queue to again to get another wristband?

Also if we get in before all the others then surely there will be time to get VQ's?

Yes if you arrive on the Friday you will be handed your wristband in line, you keep this wristband on throughout the weekend and don't need another one.

And yes there will be time to get VQs

• Showmasters Admin

Not necessarily as last year prepaid were let in the same as golds

Sorry Vicky that is not true , i have to come in here from time to time to put to bed untruths and myths.

I myself let in all the golds first thing i let them all go in and when the line was empty i gave the order to let both the pre paid and the pay on the day in at the same time , i myself have dun this for the past 10 years and i have never change this way of letting the public in and i can say 100% this is the truth.

hope that helps clear that one up of you and everyone

jason

Yes Jason always opens the doors himself for Gold Pass holders 10 minutes early - by the way, the gold passes were let in at exactly the same time as regular ticket holders at MK but Ive been told Jason wasn't there.

ok you are right i was not there ? i will look into that one my friend ok :-)

i know things were new there we the early bird so things may have gone astray so i will look into that , we have a policy of gold go in 10 minutes before unless the venue hold us up on the sign off to open the doors so its 10 minutes before we let the regular tickets in not 10 minutes before the advertised time of the opening :-)

see you there soon

jason

Hi Jason, just to clarify.

From what I understand I have a Gold Pass (To give me some breathing space), Diamond Pass for Sigourney and Robert.

I (we/all in the same situation) wont need a VQT for either of those two as I have a Diamond Pass and can go up to them anytime throughout the weekend, however for the likes of Michael Gambon and Bill Paxton I will need to get a VQT for them even though I have a Gold Pass?

If I understand it properly, To me that sounds fair enough, If I was that eager/desperate to get a guaranteed autograph I would have purchased a Diamond or made a sacrifice of another guest or I rob another bank haha. it gives everyone equal opportunity to get a VQT whether your Gold (ok maybe a 10 minute head start), or standard ticket without a Diamond.

Im sure this event is going to be the biggest and best one yet, from the guest list its amazing, so thank you for all your hard work securing some awesome guests.

I hope the above makes sense took me ages to word this right :s

P.S gone gold twice now (this being the second) and last year we were let in 10 to 15 minutes early which helped a great deal both Sat and Sun :)

Edited by ritchyb1983
  • Like 1

SM/ Jason

I already have a Christopher Lloyd clock face photo that I bought months ago while still on paper tickets. I was wondering if I purchased a Lloyd Diamond now can I get a refund on the original photo ticket I bought as it is included in the diamond and don't want/need two?

Thanks

Quick question that will ease my mind, is the time good holders have at entry (10 mins is it?) from the moment the first gold pass holder goes through the door or the gold pass holder at the end of the line? If it's 10 mins after the last person in line that will make it MUCH easier for us Gold Pass holders to get the VQs when we get in.

Sorry Guys, I think you're forgetting that everyone can read your comments, As a Standard ticket holder, I do find it a little bit Dis- Respectful that you seem to want the whole venue to yourself. Like Jason says above. The gold are let in first then once the queue has gone he lets us all in...

Yes you get priority, You get a Goodie bag, you get to front of queues... you get a bit for your money. But please do remember everyone else is here to, to meet their Heroes etc. You may find those in the Queues will be spending a whole lot more than you and don't even need the Gold Pass to do it. :smile:

well said , we run the events for everyone and i have said for many years the gold pass holders money gos to providing more stages and free talks so these passes have a positive affect on the entire show and everyone that attends but no one is less important to us here and we understand far to well not everyone can afford everythign but we try to put on a great event for everyone be they are wealthy or not or a die hard fan that has save up all year to be there or a casual fan you are all important to us and we try hard to think of whats best for everyone.

jason

Glad to know my 200+ extra pounds I pay for a gold pass is spent to the benefit of the regular entry fans, so they know they get compensated for me going in front of them in the line...except for the diamond pass guests, because my 200 +pounds was obviously not enough to include those 5 "extra" guests...To get those I need to get a VQ ticket, but you'll be nice and pretty much garantuee a low VQ ticket by opening the doors for us first..I know you can't change the rules midway and even can't admit to it, because that alone would cause a further riot, but I hope you do realize how silly this is and change this somehow next year.

• Like 4

IF the person giving the VQ tickets is ready to distibute the moment you get in....If that person is still busy setting up, tying their hair or whatever, the regular entry ticketholders will be joing the line as well and you can only get one VQ at a time, so by the time you get 1 VQ ticket for a diamond guest, the line for any other diamond guests you might also want, will be swamped. As I said, hardly any value in that....nor a quiet and relaxed way to enjoy a con, which is what I want with a gold pass....

I am sorry we are ready to go on all guests by the time the public are in we have been there 3 hours before then and are at that point only whating for you to be let in , we have dun this before :-)

these guests are EXTRA ? not what you used to get last year from the show so gold passes if they want to get in early and get a VQ ticket in the morning that is a extra value to your pass not less sorry but how ever you like it , its extra and not something you got last year as we did not have this many large first time guests

Last year I had no indication you were ready, but I can give you the benefit of the doubt on that one.

I preferred the large guests you had last year over these, but that's personal preference :P Anyway, your stance is clear, I'm just sad you're missing my point: I want a relaxed way of enjoying your event, that means NO running for VQ tickets. I'm not buying a gold pass so you can bring in more guests. I rather not buy an autograph then have to run for a VQ ticket, thus I guess for your diamond pass guests I'll limit myself to either buying a diamond pass or nothing at all. If you consider that good business, than so be it.

You are not buying a gold pass to enable us to bring in big guests you have totally missed my point , the Dimond passes pay for and subsidies the Dimond pass guests not the gold pass.

As to whats good business, i would have thought that sticking to what we have offered our customers and delivering what we promise and not changing the goal posts just because of pressure from a few that want soothing that was not offered and infant they will get they just have to be there early if they really want it as a bonus as thats just what these guests are a bonus to the gold pass holders that they would not have unless the Dimond pass holders had not have come up to the bar and bought these tickets.

The thing is you come over harsh and angry to me as i cannot give you what you want, but on the day if you care a little you will be there in the morning and will get your VQ ticket and you will get you autographs, if you cared a lot you would have bought a Dimond pass and if you do not care at all then this conversation is irrelevant ?

just an observation ?

jason

No, I'm not angry, Jason and sorry if I sound harsh, not ment to be, I just find it silly you make us run around for vq tickets which we're pretty much garantueed we'll get by being let in early, while my main reason for buying a gold pass is to have a relaxed event to enjoy and not stress over VQ tickets.

But you are right, I don't care about the current line up of diamond guests and if you announce someone I will care about, I'll be buying a diamond pass. I'm just a sucker for priciples and this just sounded silly to me, so I wanted to provide feedback. :)

Thank you for actually reading and replying to it. Few organisers do and it's one of the things I do like about you guys, even if we don't agree on issues ;)

Edited by Vhiper

I won't be arriving until Saturday and thus will be picking up my wristband that day. Will this eat into the extra 10 minutes I get to sort out the VQ tickets I require?

I will check with TooTall on the set up, but if memory serves me correct there was crew around to hand out wristbands Saturday morning last year while the Gold Pass holders were outside in line. As not everyone arrives Friday that will probably be kept.

I haven't had a Gold Pass before so not entirely sure how it works.

I know that when I arrive I can join the Gold Pass queue. When doors are open for us, do I need to go to the organisers booth to receive my wristband and my 'goody bag' and sort out my free autographs and photographs? And does this need to be done straight away? Or would I be able to get a VQT for Michael Gambon first?

And what do I need to have out ready when queuing outside the venue? Just my printed Eventbrite gold pass ticket?

Edit: and for my photo shoots, do I get priority for just my batch, or priority for all of the batches? For example, I'm Batch 3 for Hayley, so if I want can I go for the start of the shoot when the first batch are having theirs? Or do I need to wait for Batch 3 to be called and then i'll get priority?

Edited by Sam_Carter96
  • Like 1

I won't be arriving until Saturday and thus will be picking up my wristband that day. Will this eat into the extra 10 minutes I get to sort out the VQ tickets I require?

I will check with TooTall on the set up, but if memory serves me correct there was crew around to hand out wristbands Saturday morning last year while the Gold Pass holders were outside in line. As not everyone arrives Friday that will probably be kept.

Yes that's right. Hoping it will be the same because the thought of having to q inside for the pass while others are scrambling for vts is giving me palpitations.

• Moderators

I know that when I arrive I can join the Gold Pass queue. When doors are open for us, do I need to go to the organisers booth to receive my wristband and my 'goody bag' and sort out my free autographs and photographs? And does this need to be done straight away? Or would I be able to get a VQT for Michael Gambon first?

And what do I need to have out ready when queuing outside the venue? Just my printed Eventbrite gold pass ticket?

Golds get let in 10 minutes before everyone else

Wristbands get handed out in the queue before doors open, you will need ID and your ticket.

You can collect the goody bag at any time over the weekend so you can go and get a VQ for Gambon straight away when you enter

Edited by StuartG2198

Wristbands get handed out in the queue before doors open, you will need ID and your ticket.

You can collect the goody bag at any time over the weekend so you can go and get a VQ for Gambon straight away when you enter

Excellent. Thank you for the quick reply.

I did on another question but not sure if you saw:

'and for my photo shoots, do I get priority for just my batch, or priority for all of the batches? For example, I'm Batch 3 for Hayley, so if I want can I go for the start of the shoot when the first batch are having theirs? Or do I need to wait for Batch 3 to be called and then i'll get priority?'

'and for my photo shoots, do I get priority for just my batch, or priority for all of the batches? For example, I'm Batch 3 for Hayley, so if I want can I go for the start of the shoot when the first batch are having theirs? Or do I need to wait for Batch 3 to be called and then i'll get priority?'

No, for Hayley you get called right at the start. Gold can basically ignore batch numbers as long as it's not for a Diamond Guest.

• Like 1

• Showmasters Admin

Quick question that will ease my mind, is the time good holders have at entry (10 mins is it?) from the moment the first gold pass holder goes through the door or the gold pass holder at the end of the line? If it's 10 mins after the last person in line that will make it MUCH easier for us Gold Pass holders to get the VQs when we get in.

Sorry Guys, I think you're forgetting that everyone can read your comments, As a Standard ticket holder, I do find it a little bit Dis- Respectful that you seem to want the whole venue to yourself. Like Jason says above. The gold are let in first then once the queue has gone he lets us all in...

Yes you get priority, You get a Goodie bag, you get to front of queues... you get a bit for your money. But please do remember everyone else is here to, to meet their Heroes etc. You may find those in the Queues will be spending a whole lot more than you and don't even need the Gold Pass to do it. :smile:

well said , we run the events for everyone and i have said for many years the gold pass holders money gos to providing more stages and free talks so these passes have a positive affect on the entire show and everyone that attends but no one is less important to us here and we understand far to well not everyone can afford everythign but we try to put on a great event for everyone be they are wealthy or not or a die hard fan that has save up all year to be there or a casual fan you are all important to us and we try hard to think of whats best for everyone.

jason

Glad to know my 200+ extra pounds I pay for a gold pass is spent to the benefit of the regular entry fans, so they know they get compensated for me going in front of them in the line...except for the diamond pass guests, because my 200 +pounds was obviously not enough to include those 5 "extra" guests...To get those I need to get a VQ ticket, but you'll be nice and pretty much garantuee a low VQ ticket by opening the doors for us first..I know you can't change the rules midway and even can't admit to it, because that alone would cause a further riot, but I hope you do realize how silly this is and change this somehow next year.

Its not silly its how it is.

"If you want to be guaranteed a autograph or photo op from a Dimond pass guest you will need to buy a Diamond pass"

Next year it will be the same as we plan to have some of the big names that were busy this year come and i can say now 100% they are going to sell very fast and be very limited and the same as this year Gold passes would not be able to have access as that would not work, so now you know ready for next year so there will be no confusion hope that helps.

Jason

• Like 2

No, for Hayley you get called right at the start. Gold can basically ignore batch numbers as long as it's not for a Diamond Guest.

Thanks!

I've got to say, you Moderators are very helpful, work really hard and are super quick at responding. Great job everyone!

• Like 4

Jason,

I understand your position, I understand that this is an event with huge guests and gold pass holders need to adapt and accept that they must get there early to ensure a good change of meeting these diamond guests. I totally understand that I get to use my gold pass for other busy guests like Hayley Atwell, Charles Dance etc which is great.....

What I don't understand us why you did not make this clear from the beginning. It has all been a bit ambiguous until your clarification this evening.

You originally stated that the only way to GUARANTEE meeting a diamond guest was to purchase a diamond pass. I think the majority of people that bought gold passes assumed that the normal rules applied and that they were pretty much safe in the knowledge they could join a diamond guest queue at any time and meet the diamond guest.

I think you could have saved a lot of confusion on here by being more transparent about the diamond/gold pass process from the beginning.

I'm looking forward to this event massively. I have diamond passes for MJF and Sigourney and I'll be queuing up for VQs for Bill and Chris Lloyd. I think you have done an incredible job getting these guests so I hope everything goes perfectly for you over the weekend!

• Like 3

Is there like several queues for the talks, one for the diamond passes, one for the gold and one for the others? I mean if they all go in in that order I'm assuming there's serveral queues right?

Anyone?(Sorry for quoting myself but I didnt want to double post).

thanks

My mum wants to get CL autograph on Sunday but I can't leave her on her own so I was just wondering if we would both need the VQ to queue or I could just show my pass again

Confirmed by TooTall: your pass will be punched through in the autograph section when going through the first time. So you'd both need VQ tickets.

Edit: and for my photo shoots, do I get priority for just my batch, or priority for all of the batches? For example, I'm Batch 3 for Hayley, so if I want can I go for the start of the shoot when the first batch are having theirs? Or do I need to wait for Batch 3 to be called and then i'll get priority?

You probably get the wristtband in the queue while waiting outside bring your eventbrite ticket and ID. The goodie bag, at least last year, can be picked up at any moment. Do NOT go for it when you get in, but go straight for the autograph area if you want a VQ ticket for any of the diamond pass guests. after gathering those, race to the photo booth area and buy any photoshoots you decided on buying last minute and only after that is done, go get the goodie bag and start your, hopefully more relaxed, weekend. Also, PLAn your weekend before you get to the event, even with a gold pass planning is essential. Plan what you want to do when.

• Like 2

I'm happy now my worry about the vq ticket had been answered. If I get there early I get a low ticket. So good for me :) and its my first year with a gold pass.

Also have to back up (as I was at the front of the line last year) I saw gold let in first as well.

Edited by dizzcostu007

Is there like several queues for the talks, one for the diamond passes, one for the gold and one for the others? I mean if they all go in in that order I'm assuming there's serveral queues right?

Anyone?(Sorry for quoting myself but I didnt want to double post).

thanks

Your answer is in the FAQ topic already. I am not aware of separate lines, but please check on the day as this may change.

In Diamond pass talks there will be a reserved area at the front.

After Diamond is in Gold Passes will be seated. Once the Gold Passes are in that area is considered the Gold Seating area.

Then the remaining tickets will enter in batch order.

That is actually a good idea, just have whoever it is on the gold queue door pass down tickets to people.

Lol - just a stupid idea - on Saturday/ Sunday - why not have a SM team staff person go down the gold queue handing out VQ tickets for diamond guest's. So when the doors open and gold are let in first, we don't pull a hamstring "rushing" down to far end of hall to get VQ tickets- I can do 200m in 28secs-but might need to go into training now- only joking lol.