Clarification of Diamond and Gold Passes

That's a relief because I was worried with my gold pass, I wouldn't be able to get my photo with Sigourney.

if you have bought a photo ticket you will get your picture, Gold Pass or not.

is a bus pass OK because I haven't got a passport or driving licence

Does this have a photo? Sorry, not familiar with UK bus passes.

yes it has with my name on it too :)

Id just like to re ask will the schedule and floor plan have were these 5 guests are? I can't remember last years saying this bit of detail

Also I was there last year and It was not colder inside to out side as I kept having to go outside to cool down. Well main hall wise the comic section was beautifully cool

I'm pretty sure the separated signing areas - the "walled" ones - were marked on the plan last year. Possibly not who was where (as this may switch last minute), but at least they were marked with big guest A and B or something like that.

Yea that's how I remember it does work assuming all 4 together

Thanks for your "clarification SM" but i have a few concerns regarding the "wording" on your gold passes:

1/ There is a definite difference in the use of "may require" to "will require." If Gold Passes are let in early, then that is a positively good thing so that we WILL be guaranteed lower number VQ's for diamond guests as we have already paid for this privilege of NO VQ's for all of the other guests. Will the SM helpers be at the guests tables ready to hand out a variety of VQ's for each of the diamond guests as soon as we are let in? This would need to be required to make our Gold Pass early open door paid for service meaningful. Also, how do they call the VQ's in this case. Have we to just hang around until the Diamond Passes have all gone? If so, then thatarea is going to be VERY busy and very quickly too what with Diamonds (already paid), Gold Passes (all rushing in to get their chance) and thats before standard entry has their try.

2/ On the "2 free Autograph/Photograph" that Gold Passes get, We were informed when purchasing that the free gold pass autographs/photogrpahs could not be used on "Saturday Only" guests. When i enquired about using my "free Autograph/Photograph" on guests that were attending Saturday AND Sunday, i was told that i cant use them on Saturday. Is this true?? If so, the wording is completely incorrect on your ticket description as Saturday and Sunday guests are NOT Saturday Only guests.

Thanking you in advance for your clarification on this.

Edited by phil_wilce

Id just like to re ask will the schedule and floor plan have were these 5 guests are? I can't remember last years saying this bit of detail

Also I was there last year and It was not colder inside to out side as I kept having to go outside to cool down. Well main hall wise the comic section was beautifully cool

Good luck trying to cool a hall which is packed full with little mobile ovens running at a constant 37 degrees Celsius, while the outside temperature is barely any lower. Yes it was warm, yes, the airco was on, no, you didn't notice much because no airco system in the world can cool down an area like Earl's Court to such a degree you can't feel the heat of thousands of people around you on a bright summer day.

I'm counting on Olympia not being much better or worse then Earl's court, so will just dress apropriately and leave my warm cosplays at home if it'll be too warm. In t-shirt and jeans last year the heat was no bother at all. It did help to go to a more open area, like it was cooler at the back of Earl's court at the autograph section then it was at the entrance and near the stalls. Logical, because at the stalls everyone was packed together.

I never said it was a problem so why you attacking me!!!

I don't think the batch system for diamond passes is very clear - maybe next year you could make them specific for the guest and the day so people could buy them for Saturday or Sunday.

Sorry but it's extremely clear. On the Event Bright store it says which batch you're buying in the listing. For example, they've sold out of Sigourney Weaver Batch 1 Diamond passes and are now selling Batch 2. Every photoshoot listing also states which batch you're buying and this information is repeated in the email order confirmation and on the tickets themselves. Can't get much clearer.

If you mean how the things you get with the pass are split between the days I guess the assumption is you may have to be there all days and there's no guarantee you can get everything in one day. That's my interpretation.

Hi there,

I agree that the batch/day system is working really well for photo shoots and talks but can I please ask where you found your information that the Batch number on a Diamond Pass determines when you can have your photos taken? I went back and looked at the two listings for Sigourney Weaver on the Eventbrite store but neither say under more information that a batch number ultimately determines your day. I did notice that Batch 1 was listed under event packages whereas Batch 2 (which I would assume is Sunday) is listed under the Friday Photo Shoots section. I also went back to the post announcing Ms. Weaver's attendance and there isn't any information so far as I could see about Batch numbers determining when photo shoots etc. can be taken advantage of. I may have missed this information but I was under the impression that the Diamond Pass, where is guarantees autographs and photos etc., would allow holders to take advantage of these features at any time throughout the weekend.

I'm there all weekend so this information hasn't made much of a dent on my plans but it would have been good to see this clearly explained on the Eventbrite site at least.

Many thanks,

StarkScribbler

The info when the batches are called is in the very first post of this topic.

Batch 2 is simply listed where it is in the store because there was an upload problem.

Unfortunately I can't add more than what Rockstar has already said. It's always been said that Diamond Pass events will be spread out over the weekend. There's not been any mention of a "come and go as you please" system.

I believe I understand 99% of this now woo woo :)

However one question now is I have Diamond Pass for Sigourney Weaver Batch 1 which correct me if im wrong means I get my STANDARD photo on Saturday (Based on the first post from Jason), but what day do I get the photo and Auto for Carrie Henn, Photo with the Power Loader and when can I go and get my Autograph with Sigourney, as im Batch 1 is it all to take place on the Saturday? This is the last thing im having difficulty working out, as I cant for the life of me see it mentioned.

Thanks for any help

The info when the batches are called is in the very first post of this topic.

Batch 2 is simply listed where it is in the store because there was an upload problem.

Unfortunately I can't add more than what Rockstar has already said. It's always been said that Diamond Pass events will be spread out over the weekend. There's not been any mention of a "come and go as you please" system.

I don't think the batch system for diamond passes is very clear - maybe next year you could make them specific for the guest and the day so people could buy them for Saturday or Sunday.

Sorry but it's extremely clear. On the Event Bright store it says which batch you're buying in the listing. For example, they've sold out of Sigourney Weaver Batch 1 Diamond passes and are now selling Batch 2. Every photoshoot listing also states which batch you're buying and this information is repeated in the email order confirmation and on the tickets themselves. Can't get much clearer.

If you mean how the things you get with the pass are split between the days I guess the assumption is you may have to be there all days and there's no guarantee you can get everything in one day. That's my interpretation.

Hi there,

I agree that the batch/day system is working really well for photo shoots and talks but can I please ask where you found your information that the Batch number on a Diamond Pass determines when you can have your photos taken? I went back and looked at the two listings for Sigourney Weaver on the Eventbrite store but neither say under more information that a batch number ultimately determines your day. I did notice that Batch 1 was listed under event packages whereas Batch 2 (which I would assume is Sunday) is listed under the Friday Photo Shoots section. I also went back to the post announcing Ms. Weaver's attendance and there isn't any information so far as I could see about Batch numbers determining when photo shoots etc. can be taken advantage of. I may have missed this information but I was under the impression that the Diamond Pass, where is guarantees autographs and photos etc., would allow holders to take advantage of these features at any time throughout the weekend.

I'm there all weekend so this information hasn't made much of a dent on my plans but it would have been good to see this clearly explained on the Eventbrite site at least.

Many thanks,

StarkScribbler

QS replied before I could but yep, first post of this topic. I agree to an extent it would have been nice to have this clear from the start as surely SM know how the tickets will work before putting them on sale (or at least I'd hope so though a lot of the detail of how things will work does seem to be left to the last minute which is a worry) but I kinda assumed early diamond tickets would likely be on saturday although I also hoped you'd be able to use them at any time over the weekend like a glorified gold pass but it's not an issue.

• Like 1

I ordered my gold pass a few days ago, and, as instructed, I emailed SM the order details for my gold pass and for my original entry ticket order, to get a refund for my entry tickets.

Does anyone know if I should expect a reply from SM? Or will the refund just be done at some point? Any of you who have already had the entry tickets refunded, were you contacted prior to the refund?

I know it will take a while to sort, it's not that i'm being impatient, it's just I want to make sure everything is okay with the order information I sent etc.

However one question now is I have Diamond Pass for Sigourney Weaver Batch 1 which correct me if im wrong means I get my STANDARD photo on Saturday (Based on the first post from Jason), but what day do I get the photo and Auto for Carrie Henn, Photo with the Power Loader and when can I go and get my Autograph with Sigourney, as im Batch 1 is it all to take place on the Saturday? This is the last thing im having difficulty working out, as I cant for the life of me see it mentioned.

Thanks for any help

I have requested info on Carrie, but have not heard back yet. Sigourney auto is Saturday too, yes. I would assume the powerloader photo as well, but let me get confirmation on that.

What happens if you are allergic to the plastic gold wristband?

Can I get a gold chain like Mr T. instead?

That gold chain would be a Super Platinum Edged Diamond Pass exclusive which is coming only in 2027. ;)

Joking aside: I got tons of allergies myself and have yet to react to the kind of material used for the wristbands. If you have an allergy issue you best contact the office if alternative arrangements can be made. I honestly don't know if that's a possibility. If you're worried about an allergic reaction wrapping your wrist under the band would probably help.

• Like 1

I ordered my gold pass a few days ago, and, as instructed, I emailed SM the order details for my gold pass and for my original entry ticket order, to get a refund for my entry tickets.

Does anyone know if I should expect a reply from SM? Or will the refund just be done at some point? Any of you who have already had the entry tickets refunded, were you contacted prior to the refund?

I know it will take a while to sort, it's not that i'm being impatient, it's just I want to make sure everything is okay with the order information I sent etc.

The current turnaround time for any answer seems to be about a week now.

Thanks for any help

I have requested info on Carrie, but have not heard back yet. Sigourney auto is Saturday too, yes. I would assume the powerloader photo as well, but let me get confirmation on that.

What happens if you are allergic to the plastic gold wristband?

Can I get a gold chain like Mr T. instead?

That gold chain would be a Super Platinum Edged Diamond Pass exclusive which is coming only in 2027. ;)

Joking aside: I got tons of allergies myself and have yet to react to the kind of material used for the wristbands. If you have an allergy issue you best contact the office if alternative arrangements can be made. I honestly don't know if that's a possibility. If you're worried about an allergic reaction wrapping your wrist under the band would probably help.

Thanks as always QS ill look forward to the update :)

Im hoping it goes this way mate, its my first year with a gold pass and ill be picking it up friday so im hoping saturday morning getting in there are no major issues and we can get in and have enough time to get VQTS for the diamonds. Im gonna try get christopher lloyd frday so saturday i may only need to try get Weaver and Paxton

Maybe I'm missing something because I'm new, but isn't doing it this way actually better for us gold pass holders? Since we get in before the regular entrance people, gold pass members should be able to get low VQ numbers for the diamond guests. Since the diamond guests are likely to be very popular, without us gold pass people having VQ tickets as soon as the diamond pass people finished you could have, like, 800 gold pass people try to queue up the minute the VQ numbers start. After all, nobody would want to miss their chance. Even if you did manage to be there at the right moment the open signing started with Sigourney Weaver, and were at or near the front, by the time you finsihed there would be a massive queue of gold pass holders for Michael Gambon and you would be stuck waiting there. And if you had to go off to get a photo op or something, by the time you came back there would probably be another new 50 gold pass members infront of you.

Yes, this policy will mean a bit of a rush at the start for us to get a low VQ number for diamond guests, but I think without it you would have massive queues of gold pass members stuck at the diamond guest signing booths. So yes, I hope to get an autograph from Michael Gambon, but I think my odds will actually be better because I will be able to get a low VQ number rather than if I had to try to get a good place in the queue if all the gold pass members showed up at once...

Anyway, I know I'm in the minority, but I agree with the decision.

Really hope so, first year with a gold pass, looking forward to the show but with this recent news i, like everyone else started to worry a bit. but im sure we should be ok by getting a 10 or so minute head start! i only want weaver and paxton on sat so hopefully i can get lucky.

From my perspective as someone who has been a gold pass holder at LFCC for a number of years now i agree with Jonathan and a few of the other similar comments, when all said and done you will still be in the venue before everyone else and will still get a low VQT

From my perspective as someone who has been a gold pass holder at LFCC for a number of years now i agree with Jonathan and a few of the other similar comments, when all said and done you will still be in the venue before everyone else and will still get a low VQT

Hope so guys, this will be my first year with a gold pass. i intended to arrive at the venue about 8am ish to get in the gold queue, i will have already colledcted my pass the friday too so that will save some messing around. just hope an hour or so will be okay even with a gold. Potentially, providing i can get christopher lloyds autograph on the friday, i will only be trying to get Weaver and Paxton on the saturday.

We've always been let in about 10 mins or so early as gold pass holders which is normally suitable and should still be fine in this situation hopefully.

While it may not be ideal for Golds to get VQs (mostly in my case because I'm totally out of practice lol) but at least it's potentially only 4 guests or so.

Panic need not ensue.....

• Like 1

• Moderators

Hope so guys, this will be my first year with a gold pass. i intended to arrive at the venue about 8am ish to get in the gold queue, i will have already colledcted my pass the friday too so that will save some messing around. just hope an hour or so will be okay even with a gold. Potentially, providing i can get christopher lloyds autograph on the friday, i will only be trying to get Weaver and Paxton on the saturday.

We've always been let in about 10 mins or so early as gold pass holders which is normally suitable and should still be fine in this situation hopefully.

While it may not be ideal for Golds to get VQs (mostly in my case because I'm totally out of practice lol) but at least it's potentially only 4 guests or so.

I think you'll be fine teabelly, I don't have a diamond for Paxton so am trying for him on Friday

Edited by StuartG2198
  • Like 1

I think you'll be fine teabelly, I don't have a diamond for Paxton so am trying for him on Friday

I'd say you won't have much luck as he's only there Saturday and Sunday!

Okay, forgive me for making this a post answering multiple questions in one go. The following has been confirmed now.

1) Diamond Passes and Carrie Henn autographs: You just show your pass and join the line.

2) Diamond Passes will be sold on the day if any are left.

3) Goldpass Autographs and photos vouchers: Those can not be used on Saturday. If it is a multiple day guest you can use them on the other days. As I already posted a number of times, this is due to Saturday bing the most busy day.

4) Sigourney Weaver Diamond Pass and the power loader photo: We'll be calling D1 to D30 first, then D1 to D60. So at the start you may need to wait if you have say D150. Like a VT you can join anytime after they are called. So once we've called their pass (and are maybe on to calling VTs) you can join any time. Only at the start when we're calling D1 to Dxxx will there be a restriction.

• Like 1

Hope so mate, ill feel alot more relaxed on the friday evening after the first day if ive managed to get the majority of my guests which would give me alot more time to wait around for paxton and weaver on sat or sun. ideally saturday to get them done if possible.

i think paxton is only doing sat and sun thought isnt he?

• Moderators

Hope so mate, ill feel alot more relaxed on the friday evening after the first day if ive managed to get the majority of my guests which would give me alot more time to wait around for paxton and weaver on sat or sun. ideally saturday to get them done if possible.

i think paxton is only doing sat and sun thought isnt he?

Yeh you're right he is, getting myself mixed up. Oh well will try Saturday then

• Like 1

I don't have a Gold Pass but I do think it's not nice of Showmasters to suddenly change the terms for the Gold Pass just for these guests. I have a Diamond Pass for Sigourney Weaver and I bought it knowing full well that it would give me the same queue-jumping rights as those with a Gold Pass; I wasn't expecting anything better from it, just that. I don't see why that has to change now.

It was always known that Diamond Pass holders will take priority over Gold.

They never said that Gold Passes guaranteed you to get an autograph.

The only thing that has been newly clarified is that Gold passes have the same priority as normal entry ticket holders - i.e VT tickets.

Oh there never was or is an guarantee to get an autograph with a Gold Pass, but I always hoped that I would have a better chance than with a standard ticket. Didn't work out for me last year... and I just see my chances go down for this year too...

It all depends on how many diamond guests you want, how organised you and Showmasters are on the day etc. As others have said, golds get a little bit of a head start going in so chances are you may be okay. im only looking for weaver and paxton myself so im hoping i can get those 2 without any major issues in the 10 or so minutes we have infront of normal entry. im just gonna make sure im there in line ready to go in

I don't have a Gold Pass but I do think it's not nice of Showmasters to suddenly change the terms for the Gold Pass just for these guests. I have a Diamond Pass for Sigourney Weaver and I bought it knowing full well that it would give me the same queue-jumping rights as those with a Gold Pass; I wasn't expecting anything better from it, just that. I don't see why that has to change now.

It was always known that Diamond Pass holders will take priority over Gold.

They never said that Gold Passes guaranteed you to get an autograph.

The only thing that has been newly clarified is that Gold passes have the same priority as normal entry ticket holders - i.e VT tickets.

Oh there never was or is an guarantee to get an autograph with a Gold Pass, but I always hoped that I would have a better chance than with a standard ticket. Didn't work out for me last year... and I just see my chances go down for this year too...