Clarification of Diamond and Gold Passes

This has just turned into a disaster for me.

I physically can't get in to London before 9.18 on Sunday (first train of the day) as Im on holiday, I needed the pass based on this, and previous forum advice from mods, which I understand was given in good faith, showed this was likely to be ok but now the pass doesnt help me at all. Its a shame it took so long to get the official confirmation which the mods had requested as now it seems there's quite a few gold passers who aren't actually gaining much.

• Like 1

Well that's disappointing don't normally get annoyed with this but this has. Don't see why it couldn't have just worked the same way the comic passes worked last year. Wouldn't mind but the price of the gold pass has continued to increase too.

Edited by only_jay
  • Like 1

Fair enough....

But.....

If Gold pass holders require VQ tickets then once the doors are opened each day they simply MUST be allowed in and sorted with their VQ tickets for diamond guests before the masses descend. Otherwise this negates a huge reason for most people getting a gold pass for this event in the first place...

Apologies if that sounds a bit elitist but gold pass holders have paid a premium and we should have priority in this instance.

The outside queues MUST also be well defined, crewed and maintained otherwise you risk a free for all.

• Like 9

To be completely clear, I have a batch 1 Diamond pass for Sigourney. If Diamonds are called for autos first thing on Saturday I don't actually have to go then but can join the queue at any time after that, at least on Saturday (the implication seems to be that I have to use it some time on Saturday as Batch 2 will be on Sunday). It's just that I will have a friend getting a VT and would like to go through together when that number comes up if possible so just want to be absolutely clear I'm reading right and I will be able to just join the queue later in the day with my friend. Thanks.

• Moderators

There will be no running for VQ tickets. Seriously, anyone caught running by crew (and especially by TooTall) will find themselves detained long enough that they'd have been faster walking.

The Gold Pass queue at the entrance will still be let in first, so you'll have a reasonable chance at low VQs for Diamond Pass guests. And you of course still get queue-joining-without-VQ capability for the OTHER 100+ guests!

• Like 8

Any chance VQ tickets can be put aside for gold pass customers? Say you have 200 gold passes (no idea how many there are, just an example), start handing out the VQs at 201+ for the diamond guest, and give the smaller number tickets to anyone who presents a gold pass? That way not all gold pass members have to rush to get their VQ?

Guys, I don't think that certain posts here are helping. I feel this is a 2 way street.

- we need to accept that we can't just swan in at midday anymore and expect to get low VQ numbers for these amazing diamond guests.

- SM need to understand that gold pass holders have paid a premium in order to get low VQ numbers to meet these guests.

If we all can accept that we need to get there early and queue then I hope SM accept that gold pass holders should be allowed in first and given time (not much but enough....) to get VQ tickets for the diamond guests.

Cheers

JB

• Like 2

Having spent £450 on two gold passes can honestly say I have no idea what we get anymore! it's advertised as the must have ticket, but I feel like showmasters do everything they can to devalue the gold pass. This last two years we have had gold comic passes silver comic passes diamond passes etc I am sorry for the moan I don't usually post on the forum and I really do appreciate the amazing guests you bring us but after all we are paying for it! and judging by the sheer quantity of gold passes being sold I can see around a 1000 vq tickets being distributed just for the golds.

• Like 5

I don't have a Gold Pass but I do think it's not nice of Showmasters to suddenly change the terms for the Gold Pass just for these guests. I have a Diamond Pass for Sigourney Weaver and I bought it knowing full well that it would give me the same queue-jumping rights as those with a Gold Pass; I wasn't expecting anything better from it, just that. I don't see why that has to change now.

• Like 3

I don't have a Gold Pass but I do think it's not nice of Showmasters to suddenly change the terms for the Gold Pass just for these guests. I have a Diamond Pass for Sigourney Weaver and I bought it knowing full well that it would give me the same queue-jumping rights as those with a Gold Pass; I wasn't expecting anything better from it, just that. I don't see why that has to change now.

It was always known that Diamond Pass holders will take priority over Gold.

They never said that Gold Passes guaranteed you to get an autograph.

The only thing that has been newly clarified is that Gold passes have the same priority as normal entry ticket holders - i.e VT tickets.

Edited by Graphic_Delusions
  • Like 1

But it wasn't never said that they would; the mods thought it might but since it said about the diamond guest and the only way to guarantee a ticket was to buy a diamond pass. I didn't expect the VT or queue to be open to everyone until or unless all the diamond pass owners have got their autograph

Edited by Kymley

I purchased my gold pass for Sigourney Weaver. I want an autograph and honestly could not afford the Diamond Pass.

So I went with the next best option. A Gold Pass at £225. I understand it wouldn't have the perks of the Diamond Pass but surely it should hold a priority over someone who paid £18??

If this is the case something has been greatly overlooked.

I now feel that I may not get a chance for an autograph and am £200 short.

• Like 6

For those who bought a Gold Pass, did you not read the description on the Eventbrite website?

Autograph Priority Gold Pass Holders will have the advantage of being ABLE TO JOIN THE BACK OF ANY REGULAR QUEUE WITHOUT HAVING A

VIRTUAL QUEUING TICKET! This will cut down your overall waiting time incredibly, and allows a great deal more to be done over the weekend.

Please be aware however, that for Diamond Pass Guests you will require a VQ ticket

• Like 6

They change the sentence :

It was "may require" a vq ticket

And the moderator on the forum says that it means : for exclusive diamond pass guest, like michael j fox

They said : for ALL others guest, NO NEED VQ tickets !

For those who bought a Gold Pass, did you not read the description on the Eventbrite website?

Autograph Priority Gold Pass Holders will have the advantage of being ABLE TO JOIN THE BACK OF ANY REGULAR QUEUE WITHOUT HAVING A

VIRTUAL QUEUING TICKET! This will cut down your overall waiting time incredibly, and allows a great deal more to be done over the weekend.

Please be aware however, that for Diamond Pass Guests you will require a VQ ticket

• Like 2

Fair enough....

But.....

If Gold pass holders require VQ tickets then once the doors are opened each day they simply MUST be allowed in and sorted with their VQ tickets for diamond guests before the masses descend. Otherwise this negates a huge reason for most people getting a gold pass for this event in the first place...

Apologies if that sounds a bit elitist but gold pass holders have paid a premium and we should have priority in this instance.

The outside queues MUST also be well defined, crewed and maintained otherwise you risk a free for all.

Agreed. I'm feeling that I have wasted my money for a Gold Pass this year.

Having spent £450 on two gold passes can honestly say I have no idea what we get anymore! it's advertised as the must have ticket, but I feel like showmasters do everything they can to devalue the gold pass. This last two years we have had gold comic passes silver comic passes diamond passes etc I am sorry for the moan I don't usually post on the forum and I really do appreciate the amazing guests you bring us but after all we are paying for it! and judging by the sheer quantity of gold passes being sold I can see around a 1000 vq tickets being distributed just for the golds.

Not much is the answer - and if the goody pack is the same as previous events, complete waste of money.

I purchased my gold pass for Sigourney Weaver. I want an autograph and honestly could not afford the Diamond Pass.

So I went with the next best option. A Gold Pass at £225. I understand it wouldn't have the perks of the Diamond Pass but surely it should hold a priority over someone who paid £18??

If this is the case something has been greatly overlooked.

I now feel that I may not get a chance for an autograph and am £200 short.

Feeling very stressed about the whole event now.

• Like 4

The Gold Pass queue at the entrance will still be let in first, so you'll have a reasonable chance at low VQs for Diamond Pass guests. And you of course still get queue-joining-without-VQ capability for the OTHER 100+ guests!

I have an MJF diamond pass, based on the post i quoted above does this mean that even when it comes to entry to the building all diamond passes for diff people have a different queue to everyone else and therefore get let in the building first? Will this be clearly marked on the day?

I was planning on queueing from before half 7, should i not need to now? The only people not connected to my diamond pass i want to get will be a VQ ticket for chris lloyd and a VQ ticket for Lea Thompson - will diamond passes get let in before everyone else but then get to do VQ tickets for any guest anhead of the normal entry?

Sorry for so many questions, i'm new to all this ;)

Tbh mate I didn't buy mine on eventbrite and they could have updated that at any time like they have done in the past

• Like 3

Tbh mate I didn't buy mine on eventbrite and they could have updated that at any time like they have done in the past

I didn't buy mine from Eventbrite either.

• Showmasters Admin

As i have said from he start Diamond pass guests these Diamond pass guests are not part of the gold pass access as i have started from the start all along so there really is no need for people to get upset as this has need said before.

I will also say that the Diamond Passes are the people that are making these guests possible and as such these are the only ones that are guaranteed to get everything they have bought in there package so its fair and works to make these guests possible and the value of these Diamond passes include this Guaranteed statues.

i am also seeing people now saying that the gold passes are not work the money, i would say that this year we have around 140 guests compared to last years 110 so the help in access that the gold pass provides is still great value and will help you all get around to meet the guests much faster than not having one and all the other element of the gold pass dose still give great value for money, the fact you get in early also means you get the advantage or getting a VQ ticket before the general public are able to also has great value.

Once again i hope that helps to explain to everyone how this works.

Jason

Edited by StuartG2198
  • Like 1