Clarification of Diamond and Gold Passes

Hopefully someone could answer this as it's not clear. If I was to buy a diamond pass for Michael gammon

1. Would I be able to have a refund on the photoshoot as it's part of the pass.

2. Is there an option to buy more than one autograph?

Hopefully someone could answer this as it's not clear. If I was to buy a diamond pass for Michael gammon

1. Would I be able to have a refund on the photoshoot as it's part of the pass.

2. Is there an option to buy more than one autograph?

1. My understanding is you buy the pass and email shop@showmasters.co.uk with both order numbers and they sort it out

2. Again I understand you just pay for the extras when you're in the queue.

I'm sure QS will kick my ass if I'm wrong ;)

I get to kick ass? Since when? :lol:

Such refunds have been done for Sigourney and Michael J Fox, I don't see why they shouldn't happen for Michael Gambon.

Yes, you can buy extra autographs when you go through.

But the store e-mail is shop@showmastersevents.com. :lol:

I get to kick ass? Since when? :lol:

Such refunds have been done for Sigourney and Michael J Fox, I don't see why they shouldn't happen for Michael Gambon.

Yes, you can buy extra autographs when you go through.

But the store e-mail is shop@showmastersevents.com. :lol:

Dammit! Knew I'd get one bit wrong!

I haven't had a Gold Pass before so not entirely sure how it works.

I know that when I arrive I can join the Gold Pass queue. When doors are open for us, do I need to go to the organisers booth to receive my wristband and my 'goody bag' and sort out my free autographs and photographs? And does this need to be done straight away? Or would I be able to get a VQT for Michael Gambon first?

And what do I need to have out ready when queuing outside the venue? Just my printed Eventbrite gold pass ticket?

Golds get let in 10 minutes before everyone else

Wristbands get handed out in the queue before doors open, you will need ID and your ticket.

You can collect the goody bag at any time over the weekend so you can go and get a VQ for Gambon straight away when you enter

Hi I'm just wondering wat ID do I need with my gold ticket?

• Showmasters Admin

Jason

Hmm sorry did my post seem to imply your hiding something ?

I said it was kinda hidden ( as in that wall of text from you taking the time to try and answer everyone's questions)

And yes it's entirely up to you if you want to give out that info or not

Tho In my opinion leaving everyone guessing about Details seems to be the cause of probably half the venting here and keeps QS very busy

As you can see I don't really post because most threads turn into a platform for people to vent at the latest thing they don't agree with I tend to just lurk and read the posts that inform me about new guests and any updated information hence why I'm in this thread.

not a Problem my friend .

the one thing everyone seems to forget at times is we are all into the same thing we are all fans of these films and shows and we all care a lot about the hobby, its fine to care but some times it gets a line intense and people think there is much more big brother then there ever is , we are a small company that punches way above our weight and i think we do deliver a good solid show one of the best i will say with a small team of people that do love our jobs we are not corporate we are fans we try to do whats right and we do listen and we do learn, i feel the public are quite unforgiving and its easy to type something than achy deliver something and we do deliver every month every year and we do a decent job, as i say we are a team here and our wider team the crew make these events happen and if you look around the world there not many other countries that get events as big or as divers as ours so we must be doing something right ?

anyway back to work i am getting home around 4 am this week most nights to keep up with everything, i just thought i should come on here to put things to bed and make it 100% clear , we are all good and i will see most of you in a few days

have a great few hot days everyone

jason

Edited by StuartG2198

I know that when I arrive I can join the Gold Pass queue. When doors are open for us, do I need to go to the organisers booth to receive my wristband and my 'goody bag' and sort out my free autographs and photographs? And does this need to be done straight away? Or would I be able to get a VQT for Michael Gambon first?

And what do I need to have out ready when queuing outside the venue? Just my printed Eventbrite gold pass ticket?

Wristbands get handed out in the queue before doors open, you will need ID and your ticket.

You can collect the goody bag at any time over the weekend so you can go and get a VQ for Gambon straight away when you enter

Anything with a photo is preferrable.

Just for clarification, all this fear and despair is around autographs? If you just want photos and you prepay you have nothing to worry about? Just the schedule...

The Gold Passes still get priority (after Diamonds) for the photos as explained in the first post.

EDIT: Sorry, only realized now what you meant to ask: yes, if you have bought a photo ticket you will get your photo.

Edited by Queen_Sindel

I think that making the rules clear from the beginning when the very first diamond pass went on sale and clearly stating that "Everyone except diamond pass holders need a VQ ticket to get an autograph from a diamond guest" would have simplified things and prevented any confusion. Many people including myself have been asking about golds joining diamond queues to get 100% clarification and the moderators have as always tried their best to answer quickly but even they said they needed exact clarification and some thought that golds could queue behind diamonds but needed to check and others thought you would need vqs so its no surprise that this would cause confusion in the forum. I understand diamond passes are new and truly do appreciate the good customer service SM provides however I think that in future rules need to be less ambiguous and crystal clear from the beginning as gold and diamond passes are big purchases and people need to be 100% sure what they are getting from the start not a few weeks before event especially as people make travel plans from all across the world and gold pass holders travelling long distances may not have planned to arrive before 9am and could subsequently have to miss out on diamond guests they thought they could queue for behind diamonds.

• Like 2

Just for clarification, all this fear and despair is around autographs? If you just want photos and you prepay you have nothing to worry about? Just the schedule...

Guarantees for diamond pass guests are only given to diamond pass holders for both auto's and photo's is what Jason said a few posts back, but since you prepaid yeah, you probably have nothing to worry about as long as you follow the schedule. I've never seen them not being able to deliver on a sold ticket, except for a guest cancellation of course.

I'm sitting this one out, especially after the 2014 one, which was a bit of a mess.

The one thing I've noticed, is that the gold diamond pass thing is causing alot of ill feeling. The simple solution would have been to announce them both at the same time, so that those who jumped in and got the gold pass earlier on, are a bit miffed at the diamond pass / VQ arrangement. If it had been crystal clear at the start, then it would have been a mute point. But they came in later. So I do get where they're coming from.

As for the organisation on the day, I really hope its ace this year, as EC last year was a bit messy for golds. Its a great thing that SM are doing, I just hope its nailed this year.

The Gold Passes still get priority (after Diamonds) for the photos as explained in the first post.

EDIT: Sorry, only realized now what you meant to ask: yes, if you have bought a photo ticket you will get your photo.

That's a relief because I was worried with my gold pass, I wouldn't be able to get my photo with Sigourney.

• Showmasters Admin

Thanks for your work, Jason. And don't forget to turn the aircon up to full in Olympia... ;)

a joke i know but another big myth that went around a few years ago and last summer , we had the air con on full all weekend and set up days as a hall like earls court takes around a day to fully cool down so it was on all night and the day before , what the people that said some silly things like we did not turn it on tall the police told us to and such rubbish like that was the air con if it was not on would have made the inside hotter then the outside as it acts like an oven , the fact that is was cooler inside the building was proof that air con was on and fully working the fact that alloded these nay sayers was that it was one of the hottest days of the summer and everyone everywhere was hot inside or out.

One thing about Olympia is its a nice old 30s building and made of cold concrete so this conducts the heat from our side less so it will be much nicer inside in this building and the air con is very good also so we should be fine.

So as normal the air con will be on as its in our best interest to keep everyone in a good mood and happy.

Anyway see you all soon.

jason

• Like 3

is a bus pass OK because I haven't got a passport or driving licence

Id just like to re ask will the schedule and floor plan have were these 5 guests are? I can't remember last years saying this bit of detail

Also I was there last year and It was not colder inside to out side as I kept having to go outside to cool down. Well main hall wise the comic section was beautifully cool

That's a relief because I was worried with my gold pass, I wouldn't be able to get my photo with Sigourney.

if you have bought a photo ticket you will get your picture, Gold Pass or not.

Does this have a photo? Sorry, not familiar with UK bus passes.

Id just like to re ask will the schedule and floor plan have were these 5 guests are? I can't remember last years saying this bit of detail

Also I was there last year and It was not colder inside to out side as I kept having to go outside to cool down. Well main hall wise the comic section was beautifully cool

I'm pretty sure the separated signing areas - the "walled" ones - were marked on the plan last year. Possibly not who was where (as this may switch last minute), but at least they were marked with big guest A and B or something like that.

• Like 1

Good luck trying to cool a hall which is packed full with little mobile ovens running at a constant 37 degrees Celsius, while the outside temperature is barely any lower. Yes it was warm, yes, the airco was on, no, you didn't notice much because no airco system in the world can cool down an area like Earl's Court to such a degree you can't feel the heat of thousands of people around you on a bright summer day.

I'm counting on Olympia not being much better or worse then Earl's court, so will just dress apropriately and leave my warm cosplays at home if it'll be too warm. In t-shirt and jeans last year the heat was no bother at all. It did help to go to a more open area, like it was cooler at the back of Earl's court at the autograph section then it was at the entrance and near the stalls. Logical, because at the stalls everyone was packed together.

I'm pretty sure the separated signing areas - the "walled" ones - were marked on the plan last year. Possibly not who was where (as this may switch last minute), but at least they were marked with big guest A and B or something like that.

They were marked and easy to find. Indeed not who was where, but a poster at the area solved that problem. VQ tickets were not being distributed the moment I got there last year though, which was not a bother last year, with a gold pass, but would be this year. But I'll take Jason's word for it they'll be ready this year the moment the doors will open, because I do expect a bit of a stampede in the morning ;)

Does this have a photo? Sorry, not familiar with UK bus passes.

Usually, as I don't have a bus pass, passport or driving license I have been told (not just by con organisers) that the card on which I made my purchase would suffice as proof of ID. Would this be the case here?

So Bus Pass has a photo going from your post?

As I said in my first post, picture ID is preferred. But if you have nothing else card and some ID without photo as backup would do.

I am sorry some of you do not like the way this is set out but its been like that from the start i will take this time to respond to some of your points , but i do not feel we have acted in any way other then how we have said it would be.

someone has said we have changed the wording as far as i am aware the wording has not been changed, but even if it was your point is that the wording was changed from

Diamond Pass Guests "may" require a VQ ticket

to

Diamond Pass Guests you will require a VQ ticket

Then i am sorry there is no difference as "may require" means you may need a VQ ticket and we have made it very clear you do have to have a VQ ticket so that is the same as the wording you calm it to have been , if this has been changed or not the outcome is the same you needed to be informed if you needed a VQ ticket or not so this is a none point ,so to be clear 100% yes you will need a VQ ticket to meet Dimond pass guests as it has been stated from the start , i will say again i do not berleave the wording has been changed so this is a none argument.

Right from the star we made it very clear that these guests are going to have to be sponsored by the selling of Diamond passes NEVER have we said that gold pass holders will gain any more advantage from these guests , its VERY CLEAR and in all the post i have responded to you will see i say the same thing , if you want to meet these Dimond pass guests then buy a Dimond pass , i have read post where people say that the Dimond pass was not good value for money and i said every time you may think that that is up to you but if you want to meet a Diamond pass guest then buy a Dimond pass , its very clear and the people on here now saying it was not clear do know this is the case.

We are not "ripping off people as we gain NOTHING in any way by making anyones life harder or our lives harder over our busiest weekend of the year, we are here to run fun events and to be able to deliver these amazing guests to you in a fun and safe manner.

Now last year with Stan Lee we did not offer Dimond passes and everyone wanted to just be able to buy a pass that GUARANTEED then everything in one ticket , we saw there need for such a ticket and we also sore that this would help with the panic that some people felt in getting what they wanted , we also saw this was a way to bring in big names that we could never afford to underwrite on the old system so the Dimond ticket was created , last year with Stan we also saw there was an issue with people wanting to buy a gold pass to make the event work better for them and some off these fans did not care about meeting Stan Lee they just wanted the Gold pass to make it posable to get what they wanted, that is why there was none Stan Lee gold passes available last year as there was a big demand for them.

So now you can see we cannot let all the gold passes have this free access to the Dimond pass guests as this just would not work with the time available to us on some of these guests , and i know you all would not want us to limit the gold passes that are are available to say just say 100 ? and then stop selling them ? they would have sold out in less than 5 minutes and many of you would not have a chance to buy them and that would create more upset.

Look at this in this way Michael Gambon would not be able to get through say 300 to 500 Gold as we sell them at this time as well as his Dimond passes that he was guaranteed to meet ,its just not posable so we would have had to have caped the golds at 100 and that would not have worked for lots of you intact around 400 of you would not have been able to buy gold, that shows you we cannot offer these advantages to Golds for Dimond pass guests and be able to guarantee them, THAT IS WHY WE DID NOT OFFER THEM .

We have not taken anything away from the gold passes in fact you get better value as we have more guests attending and as you all can get to the VQ tickets first in the morning you have more vale in that you can get these VQ tickets and your chances of getting everyone you want from he weekend is very very high indeed.

Things do change from your to year , some times people do not see the way things will change things when they buy the same thing year in year out but we do this not to rip you off as some of the more aggressive people on here are saying or to make it harder for you or to make your weekend miserable , we do it to make things work better be able to bring bigger names to the event we run and to give people the chance to meet there idols , we are all fans we do this as our job that is correct but firstly we do it because we love the hobby , we are all fans here we are all decent people and only try to make the events fun safe and for you all to shear an amazing weekend together.

one other point we have caped the entry to this years event we have also taken on more space in the halls and as such the event should feel better that last year , we do this so its better for you , if we had wanted to sell more tickets and bring in more income we could have dun this but we felt it was better to have more space, we have upset people capping the door this year and we are sorry for that but at the end of the day things do sell out people that support us by buying tickets early have no worries and have there tickets , this year we have had loads of people say that did not expect it to sell out , but after last year when we had to turn 1000s of walk ups thats people that just turn up to buy a ticket and we have know idea they are coming or how many of them there are going to be and also having to deal with these people being unhappy with us as as they just wanted to turn up and come in we all saw things have to change , so we do what we can and try to explain to you all what and why things have changed and if you stand back and look at why we do things you will see we do this to be fair to the masses and we try to run the show in a fair way for everyone.

I hope that you can see where i am coming from and i would also like to thank the support from the members on here that have come forward and said that they understood from the start what we had offered and that they also see we do try our best thank you for that show of Support.

Jason

Ive come to terms with it that we need a VQT so thats fine I want to make that clear from the start :smile:

But how I saw that was that I would expect that to be defined in the announcements of the Diamond Guests if this MAY actually meant WILL (Its good that it was made more clear in the product description now for the new Gold Passes, should have been from the start... ).

That being said, I do understand (finally) why we need a VQT for the diamond guests, the only ok way to actually give the Diamond Guests that Guarentee of getting an autograph during the day AND having the choice of getting it when they want during the day. Plus giving everyone else a chance on an autograph.

Edited by Wondermoose

I have a quick question. I'm under the impression that they doors open the same time for everyone but there are separate queues, one for gold and one for regular. Which of these 2 scenarios is the one that will happen?

1) All the SM staff let in the gold queue, once all gold passes are in, the regulars will be let in.

2) Both queues are allowed in at the same time, but there are more staff working on the gold pass queue to get more of them in quicker?

Of course, if none of the above is an option an explanation would be handy.

I have a quick question. I'm under the impression that they doors open the same time for everyone but there are separate queues, one for gold and one for regular. Which of these 2 scenarios is the one that will happen?

1) All the SM staff let in the gold queue, once all gold passes are in, the regulars will be let in.

2) Both queues are allowed in at the same time, but there are more staff working on the gold pass queue to get more of them in quicker?

Of course, if none of the above is an option an explanation would be handy.

Well reading all of this and how it suppose to be is screnario nr 1.