Impossible Guests

scatmanjon

See the thing with Christopher Ecclestone is that I heard he would rather just have people not pay to meet him. He would rather people come and talk to him at the stage door at a theatre or talk to him in the street than come to an event where people have to pay which is why I don't think he'll do a con. More money wouldn't entice him. Though I would absolutely love it if he were to appear.

Also I read about Jack Gleeson. I think people have enough sense to know that he's not Joff especially when he grins at people. I know he has done talks and stuff so I think he would absolutely do this sort of thing

• Like 2

See the thing with Christopher Ecclestone is that I heard he would rather just have people not pay to meet him. He would rather people come and talk to him at the stage door at a theatre or talk to him in the street than come to an event where people have to pay which is why I don't think he'll do a con. More money wouldn't entice him. Though I would absolutely love it if he were to appear.

I think the same thing goes for Alyson Hannigan too. I met her at a stage door once and got her autograph. She was more than happy to sign stuff for people, but I don't think she agrees with people having to pay for her autograph.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

There are very few who would be impossible...

And for those who say 'It's not their thing', look at the stuff these actors have done in movies, tv and theatre... an actor who might not like the idea can easily do what they do for a living and treat a convention as a type of performance. His cast are the punters, his lines the natural conversation and some improv...and he gets nearly universal gratitude and praise throughout the play...

Someone I always wanted to meet but is a definite impossibility: Christopher Ecclestone - I'd drop dead with the biggest smile ever on my face if he was coming :)))

I met him outside a theatre when he was doing a play. I don't think conventions are his thing, but he was very nice to me, so maybe it would just have to include serious persuasing, but I don't think he's impossible at all.

Someone I always wanted to meet but is a definite impossibility: Christopher Ecclestone - I'd drop dead with the biggest smile ever on my face if he was coming :)))

I met him outside a theatre when he was doing a play. I don't think conventions are his thing, but he was very nice to me, so maybe it would just have to include serious persuasing, but I don't think he's impossible at all.

Offer anyone enough money and they will come to a convention. well almost anyone.

• Like 1

Some stars may not want to charge fans for autographs / photos for their own profit but many change their minds when they realise they can use their popularity to raise money and awareness for charities they care about. I have spoken to a few stars in the past at different events who speak about their charities and say they donate their fees. Sarah Michelle Gellar was asked on twitter whether or not she would sign for charity and she said she didn't see how her autograph would help charity but many celebs realise that a day or two signing can make $$$$ for a good cause.

• Like 1

Yeah but someone menationed before that Chris is one of those people who wouldn't take more money as an option becaus they don't like people paying for meeting them.

Charles Martinet signed for free, as do the comic artists. And if guests set their own prices (or no price), I don't see how that would stop someone from doing a convention. Not to criticize you, but Christopher Eccleston could do a free signing if he wanted to, I think :P

• Like 1

Seth Green is another one who apparently won't do usual cons because he doesn't want to charge fans. He's my number one to meet so I would pay a hefty amount to make it happen!

Anything that SM can negotiate to get him over here would make my entire life!

If actors would rather donate fees to charity for them to attend I'd love to SM get them over in partner with the charities.

Xxx

• Like 3

Offer anyone enough money and they will come to a convention. well almost anyone.

If Rigg can happen then Lange could too , she'd be more open to sign if the fee is decent.