Taking the London Film and Comic Con forward in 2015 and beyond

Yes, I do agree with that.. I don't even want a photoshoot with a guest.. just autographs.. So, if I would buy a diamand pass for a certain guest I would only use the autographs.. As I will also already have entry tickets.. But hey, they can't please everyone I guess :smile:

• Like 2

So as Saturday tickets will be pre-booked only online will there still be early birds or not?

I don't think that'll change. There just won't be any tickets to buy at the door.

I have a question. If someone pre books a ticket and then no guest they want to meet is announced will they beable to get a refund?

If demand exceeds supply it would certainly make sense to have a waiting list as it would allow more to attend.

• Showmasters Admin

I'm not really liking the idea of diamond passes. I fear it may price us average joes out of the picture so that we can't meet one of our idols :(

Sadly this looks to be the way forward. Unless you have bottomless pockets, you'll not guarantee yourself a chance to meet some of the guests.

Also on the subject of the meet and greet, I hope this won't be as laughable as the Stan Lee one.

Hi i think you need to A re read my post and also look at us as a company and our ethos.

1 We have a low door price for all our events and have been the lowest price for ever pretty much.

2 We started out running a free entry event in a shopping mall the only big free event of its kind in the world and when it moved it stayed free so if that

dose not show we want to offer very good value and look after all the fans with smaller budgets and the ones with bigger budgets and i think we do

look after everyone on this front very well.

3 One last point on this subject we negotiate with all the guest our selfs so we keep there prices down , its not them that do this its us we are here

providing you all with great value for money , if you look at what a signed item buy Stan Lee costs on Ebay then you will see the price we managed to

negotiate we a very fare price.

4 As we have said we will be working out how these passes will work and what they can offer totally before we go live with them next month , its

important that these new Diamond passes and the existing Gold passes are fully worked out before we go public and thats why we have held back

there full content , we deliberately have not given you all the info as we are still working out what we are going to offer and get it right, you all want

things to be set in stone and you all have 101 questions after we announce something new and we have to have thought it through totally so we can

reply to all your points , so we need to take our time getting it all worked out and have the info you are going to need ready for these questions , you

expect the highest standards from us and run the best events we can.

We will be bring you all the info on these passes soon ready for the release of the tickets so you have the time to work out whats best for you at the show, we really need to work out a way forward so that the A list guests we are now being offered can attend our events and the old model we have with just photo ops talks and signings would just not cover there costs and fees so we have to find a way that works and the diamond passes will help to make this happen and that means that everyone attending the show Diamond, Gold and standard passes will all get the chance to see these guests and get something out of them attending the show.

We also find that if a very big guest attends our events the other supporting cast also see it as a good thing to be there as the star of the show is going so they should also be there to so it helps us book more cool guest in the long run also , so its a win win for everyone.

I hope that helps explain our side of things and shows you all we do have your best intenchions at hart.

Jason

• Like 5

• Showmasters Admin

The Diamond passes will be a unique pass for a single guests and there activates

Lets just say IF we managed to book a guest like Harrison Ford then all the activates that he would be taking part in would be covered by this pass

So you could get included in your pass , his talk , a autograph or maybe two ? , a photo on , maybe a photo op on a set also ? all exclusive products that are being made , or if a film company is promoting something with him in then maybe what ever they are promoting will be apart of this like freebees or a screening of a new trailer that maybe exclusive to this guest ? thats the sort of thing we are looking at , each guests Diamond pass will be different and will cost a different price and will offer differ things , so they will all be unique to each guest.

And no we have not just announced Harrison Ford that was just a example :-)

If you like several of the guests that have Diamond passes you would be welcome to by more than one , they will not be combined and they will only give you benefits for that guest only and it will not act like a gold pass.

Its to guarantee you meeting and getting everything you need from this one guest , we are talking to BIG guest and these guest will bring in fans that have been wanting to meet them for many many years and we expect that these fans will be coming in from all over the world if we close one or two of them and as such we want them to be able to 100% get everything they need if they are going to invest money and time to travel around the world or up the road if you have this pass you do not need to worry thats what we feel is needed for these big guests tickets and it will make it more fun and help to make the weekend more relaxing.

More on this in the next few weeks :-)

jason

• Like 3

Awesome news :-)

September 1st can't get here soon enough.

Definitely going to have to get a 3 day weekend pass. Only went on the Saturday this year, first con ever for me and now I have the bug, lol. Already getting my cosplay together (going as Malcolm Reynolds\browncoat).

It's going to be hard to top the guests from this year, fingers crossed Natalie Dormer can make it next time round.

So you could get included in your pass , his talk , a autograph or maybe two ? , a photo on , maybe a photo op on a set also ? all exclusive products that are being made

So that's 7 things. But financially what's the difference between 1 fan buying a pass for 7 things, and 7 buying a pass for 1 each, or that 1 fan prepurchasing those 7 things seperately?

I can't see why it makes more sense to limit the option.

The Diamond passes will be a unique pass for a single guests and there activates

Lets just say IF we managed to book a guest like Harrison Ford then all the activates that he would be taking part in would be covered by this pass

So you could get included in your pass , his talk , a autograph or maybe two ? , a photo on , maybe a photo op on a set also ? all exclusive products that are being made , or if a film company is promoting something with him in then maybe what ever they are promoting will be apart of this like freebees or a screening of a new trailer that maybe exclusive to this guest ? thats the sort of thing we are looking at , each guests Diamond pass will be different and will cost a different price and will offer differ things , so they will all be unique to each guest.

If you like several of the guests that have Diamond passes you would be welcome to by more than one , they will not be combined and they will only give you benefits for that guest only and it will not act like a gold pass.

Its to guarantee you meeting and getting everything you need from this one guest , we are talking to BIG guest and these guest will bring in fans that have been wanting to meet them for many many years and we expect that these fans will be coming in from all over the world if we close one or two of them and as such we want them to be able to 100% get everything they need if they are going to invest money and time to travel around the world or up the road if you have this pass you do not need to worry thats what we feel is needed for these big guests tickets and it will make it more fun and help to make the weekend more relaxing.

jason

This all sounds great, one Diamond per huge star, weekend passes would need to be a separate entity or deductable from the second Diamond purchase, as you only need to pay for entry once. Looking forward to hearing more as this will be our first London event, having only attended American conventions. It will be interesting to see the difference in how they are run. Personally I attend for photo ops full stop, however a really huge star would command more attention from me. Exciting, booking my flights now on the strength of these posts, please don't change the date!! :)

• Like 1

Perhaps you should have waited until you'd worked out all the details first, and then made the announcement.

At the moment things aren't very clear, badly spelled and grammatically incorrect posts aren't making it any clearer, so yes people will have 101 questions

• Like 5

jason

This all sounds great, one Diamond per huge star, weekend passes would need to be a separate entity or deductable from the second Diamond purchase, as you only need to pay for entry once. Looking forward to hearing more as this will be our first London event, having only attended American conventions. It will be interesting to see the difference in how they are run. Personally I attend for photo ops full stop, however a really huge star would command more attention from me. Exciting, booking my flights now on the strength of these posts, please don't change the date!! :)

Also it sounds like I will need a gold pass of some sort for all of the other photo ops I will need, again only one weekend entry pass would be needed. I would have had 15 photo ops in July just passed and if this quality and volume of guests are repeated next year I will need to plan the visit like a military operation to get round all of the queues! Yes it is expensive but so are many hobbies at least London is not a 10 hour flight away! :)

I like the idea of the Diamond Pass and I think this was going to be the way forward at some point. Unfortunately people cannot expect the uber mega guest and expect them to be cheap. And at the end of it Showmasters is a business as well.

Don't get me wrong I don't have bottomless pockets and cannot afford everything and everyone. I will be saving money as from now like most people to hopefully afford the Diamond Guest if he or she appeals to me.

I only have one question (which maybe a stupid one) regarding the Diamond ticket. As it gains entry to the event am I right in saying it would be treated like an early bird ticket?

Edited by LSM
  • Like 1

Something still bothers me about this. I meet at least 20 guests or more at each event. If 5 of these guests are diamond guests then I would need 5 diamond passes and a gold pass in order to guarantee meeting everyone I want and to go in front of all photo shoot queues.

I think I've just been priced out and will probably only attend in future for one or two people which is a shame.

Perhaps you should have waited until you'd worked out all the details first, and then made the announcement.

At the moment things aren't very clear, badly spelled and grammatically incorrect posts aren't making it any clearer, so yes people will have 101 questions

I agree with you that waiting until the details were ironed out would have been brought more clarity. On the other hand I can understand why Jason would like to get some information out about his intentions. After all there are umpteen pages on the 2014 forum about how something needs to be done and how Showmasters should respond.

As to the typographics I seem to recall it being mentioned a few years ago that Jason suffers from dyslexia.

Edited by Starbuck's dad

One solution might be to sell as for photoshoots tickets, tickets for signings, with or without order of number. The idea is to allow each person wanting a dedication to be sure to have it, having to pay in advance ... (like photoshoots). This does not remove the VT for those reluctant but it allows those who want to be sure to have it. Jason must always offer daily tickets, weekend tickets and Gold Pass Pass but this multiplication will become elitist and prevent the fans, less fortunate, able to approach the classical actors, big guests, the huge guests, the amazing guests or guests diamonds.

Personally, I'm Jason conventions since 2006 (and so I am in my twenty-third with him); and I'm not for this idea Pass ... I've already booked the next Winter, I prepare the C22 and greatly concerned me LFCC2015 ... The quality of events Jason is more to do (especially when you come from France and that in fact in many countries in Europe), but such a decision and could harm the reputation of Showmasters ... This year, I think the presence of Stan Lee drew a crazy world , fans, regulars but also badaux, which caused endless queues waiting (due to heat, the size of the hall etc ... do not bother to return it, if Jason wishes, I am available to discuss).

For the last LFCC, I did 10 photoshoots and 20 signings (average normal for me at LFCC, the Collectormania, EMS, Winter ...) and even though I am very satisfied with my harvest, I am concerned about the future! Since 2006, I toured Europe and made many agreements with other organizers. I rubbed shoulders with those of the U.S. and should not become the LFCC an SDCC or NYTF with inaccessible prices, whatever the guests.

I'm not saying that my solution is the best, but personally, if Jason has a ticket photoshoot that assures me that I will do my photoshoot with actor (which is already the case, as I recall) and if offers me a dedication ticket (fee!) who assures me that I can make my dedication tothe actor; I see nothing wrong with the method.

Seriously the posts by Showmasters are clear and understandable, if you find them confusing then try reading them using some commonsense, rather than pointing out that there are spelling and grammar errors. No-one deserves that to be pointed out to them.

I have a question. If someone pre books a ticket and then no guest they want to meet is announced will they beable to get a refund?

If demand exceeds supply it would certainly make sense to have a waiting list as it would allow more to attend.

i seriously doubt tickets will be refundable. As SM said if a Diamond guest cancels then yes, but if you are talking about booking a normal entry ticket from 1st September and no guests announcements are made that you are interested in then you'll have to accept that. Me and my brother are thinking of doing that and taking that risk and if it turns out we aren't interested in anyone we'll probably still go anyway as there's other things to see and do there.

• Like 1

Something still bothers me about this. I meet at least 20 guests or more at each event. If 5 of these guests are diamond guests then I would need 5 diamond passes and a gold pass in order to guarantee meeting everyone I want and to go in front of all photo shoot queues.

I think I've just been priced out and will probably only attend in future for one or two people which is a shame.

most of the guests would still be at a no-diamond pass rate though... Diamond passes are for the really, really really expensive ones (or that's our understanding) who wouldn't normally attend cons at the normal rate...it gives the people (who can, at that time afford a) with diamond passes the chance to meet said guests with a guarranteed certainty

we guessthis year's guests (maybe not Stan Lee and Carrie Fisher) would (under the new passes) fall under the normal passes while Stan and Carrie would be Diamond under the new pass system - as per example

People with normal passes would still have the chance to meet those guests though, it would just not be guaranteed, it wouldn't be ONLY Diamond Pass people, at least that's what I get from Jason's posts.

• Like 2

If for the Diamond passes you wanted to include a meet and greet with the guest in the price if you have too many people at a meet and greet it would not be that personal. I have been to several meet and greet events in the past and the number of attendees is usually limited to about 10-15 to get the personal experience.

Seriously the posts by Showmasters are clear and understandable, if you find them confusing then try reading them using some commonsense, rather than pointing out that there are spelling and grammar errors. No-one deserves that to be pointed out to them.

Amen!