Latest Guest Announcement - MICHAEL BIEHN

What are the chances of getting him back for Winter or next year? I missed out on him yesterday and would really like to meet him. But I feel so ill today, I don't think I can go today, esp as I don't have a ticket to get in. It was packed yesterday I got most of what I wanted done but missed out on a few autos, including an auto and photo with this guy.

• Moderators

When I found out Michael was attending I was REALLY excited!!!! As I posted yesterday when I went to meet Michael didn't even get a hello when he signed for me and barely any eye contact so was hugely disappointed this was doubled when I went for my photo with him today where even when I once again said hello he turned away and didn't speak or smile for the photo I said thank you and he didn't say anything again. I appreciate he may have been jet lagged or there may have been issues that we as the public don't need to know about but I just felt it was quite rude if I'm honest was left very let down by the whole experience

When I found out Michael was attending I was REALLY excited!!!! As I posted yesterday when I went to meet Michael didn't even get a hello when he signed for me and barely any eye contact so was hugely disappointed this was doubled when I went for my photo with him today where even when I once again said hello he turned away and didn't speak or smile for the photo I said thank you and he didn't say anything again. I appreciate he may have been jet lagged or there may have been issues that we as the public don't need to know about but I just felt it was quite rude if I'm honest was left very let down by the whole experience

Unfortunately I guess this is what can happen when you meet one of your favourite celebrities, most are very nice but some ruin your perception of them.

Went for the photoshoot with Michael today, very disappointed about it, he never really acknowledged any of the fans not just me, the photo I got back he's not even looking at the camera it might as well have been a wax work model(least it would have looked at the camera). Big fan of his and just gutted I don't know what his problem was but taking it out on the fans is not good. Made you feel really uncomfortable.

I got a auto and asked him what he thinks about the new

Terminator film coming out and he didn't say anything just

finished signing and I had to make a joke saying something

like "ahh no comment On it hey" when he just went yea shook

his hand then left feeling kinda gutted but I guess he was tired this was 4pm sat

I've heard lots of positive things about Michael at cons which is why I was so surprised, maybe I was the opposite and just unlucky lol

I was the same! Really excited to meet him as Aliens is one of my favourite films but it took him a minute or 2 to acknowledge I was there and even when he did no eye contact and barely said anything.

My wife said there was a bit of a disagreement over him signing some stuff for SM that he said wasn't in his contract or something which defintely put him in a bad mood, unlucky for me just as I was about to meet him!

I had the same negative experience.

I know perfectly well that the guests are only humans too, they may be jet lagged, tired, fed up or otherwise just not into it.

But Biehn was a whole different level.

I was one of the first that met him on Saturday, after he showed up late. It wasn't so much that he bdidn't aknowledge me, that is to be expected from a popular guest pressed for time, but his belittling and condesending complete and total dismissal, as if I and everyone before and after me were insects, petty annoyances whose presence were unwanted.

I had him sign a Terminator Blu-ray cover, and he didn't even't do so with a gray pen. Not even sure I want that cover now, only looks ugly with those thick black unreadable squibbles, like someone dropped a black marker there rather than a signature.

Worst guest I ever met bar none.

Edited by norse_sage

I have to admit that I too was surprised with his lack of engagement.

When I walked up to him, he turned away to drink his bottle of water with no eye contact. I was like, 'fair enough, I'll wait for him to finish'.

He then turned to face me, picked up a random photo, and said "is this to you?", without a 'hello' or 'nice to meet you' etc.. He appeared distant, out of it, and sluggish in his communication (I thought maybe he's had a few alcoholic drinks?).

The poor start to the meet & greet gradually improved when I started talking to him about his movie 'The Victim'. He definitely perked up from then on and we had a great conversation about the experience. He told me that he was very glad that I watched his movie. :)

He happily signed 2 items and added 'Eat This' to my Aliens Anthology boxset along with his character name Hicks. He also happily allowed a posed photo with me, although he didn't make much of an effort to get in close, but hey at least I got something.

Overall I felt the experience was ok, but you definitely need to initiate the conversation otherwise he'll just be quite distant.

I had no expectations about meeting Michael Bhein, as I was collecting an autograph for a friend, but he did seem like he'd had a few (Almost using a black pen to sign a black photo) or was very bored of being there.

Edited by arnold

I met Michael around 10:30ish on the Sunday morning. He didn't seem too bad to me, looked and sounded a tad tired though. He shook my hand at the start and the end, was more than happy for a posed photo. He began to sign my black aliens poster with a black sharpie, so I had to interrupt him and ask for a silver one instead otherwise I doubt I would be able to notice it had been signed at all. He was fine with this and quickly got a silver one and signed it along with his character name. I came away pleased with the experience so I guess it just depended on what mood you caught him in.

• Like 1

I had met Michael a few years back at the Entertainment & Media Show which was a hugely disappointing meeting. At the time people were saying he was ill. I had read on his guest announcement for LFCC how awesome and chatty a guest he is, so I decided to give him another go. The meeting was just the same and he barely acknowledged me. Instead talking to someone (his agent?) saying "I need to get out of here now." Photoshoot wasn't much better, with his hands clasped behind his back, not shaking anyone's hand. That's two chances I've given him, so despite what others say about him being the friendliest guy ever, I wont be meeting him again.

When I saw Beihn on the Sunday my first sight was him doing posed photos at his desk with quite a few people so I thought he must be a fairly fan friendly but how wrong I was.

When I got his autograph, like others have said he barely acknowledged your presence but he did double-take on my name to make sure he caught it right for a personalisation, and he at least did personalisations and quotes for some so I'll give him credit for that. Plus he cranked through the attendees pretty quickly so lots of people got to see him but no acknowledgment once I thanked him either (like with Billy Dee), which I find a bit rude.

Regarding the photoshoot... I have never seen a guest so static. He adopted his hands behind back pose and just didn't move. No greetings, no see you laters, no thank yous. Nothing. A tiny amount of eye contact if that. Very strange and quite cold. Maybe he took the whole conveyer belt style a bit literally?!?

I walked past him in the aisles late in the afternoon and he just seemed totally zonked out of it. Ironically enough the Aliens publicity shot I wanted to have him sign I could not get, so I went with a pic from the table: the landscape shot where he is sitting down looking absolutely knackered which I thought was quite an appropriate picture and accurate depiction of my experience with him!

I know you should never build an 'idol' up in your head, and tbh I always go in not expecting much but hoping for the best, but there was just something very 'off' with Michael Biehn I can't quite put my finger on. I am glad I met him, and my photoshoot does look ok, but given how much of a following he has for some very important sci-fi fans, I bet a lot of people were disappointed.

• Like 4

I was in no way expecting a long conversation with him but a little acknowledgment would be nice. I barely got a hi from him during the photo shoot and he didn't look at many of us who were there. On the Sunday afternoon I figured I'd get his auto in the hopes of having a better experience with him. But he wasn't there. I asked the blue shirt that was there if Michael was on a break or at a photo shoot... I got told "we're not sure..." and in the end Michael didn't come back. I understand that everyone can have a bad day/days but honestly, it felt like he didn't want to be there at all and it felt very disrespectful to not even look at the fans (on and off). I'm happy that some people had a good experience with him though.

I've been a huge fan of his for a long time (Magnificent Seven was my favorite TV show and his character was amazing) and I'm quite disappointed in how he behaved.

Semi mixed feeling from my meeting Michael think i would not have even got a hello out of him if i hadn't noticed a child in an aperture science outfit and a portal gun behind the table speaking to him (think it was a can i have some more money) turns out it was his son so had a quick chat about that. Defo parenting done right there. but he did seam a little out of it.

Semi mixed feeling from my meeting Michael think i would not have even got a hello out of him if i hadn't noticed a child in an aperture science outfit and a portal gun behind the table speaking to him (think it was a can i have some more money) turns out it was his son so had a quick chat about that. Defo parenting done right there. but he did seam a little out of it.

I saw 2 kids approach him, behind the table, whilst I was talking to him. They were asking for money and Michael pulled out a large wad of £10 notes and gave them about £50 each to go spend.

I didn't say anything and just assumed they were his children.