ANSWERS to FAQs

Too Tall

Random question. I'm going to queue up in stan lee hall to get autograph straight away before entry on Saturday. I have a comic gold pass and was wondering how long it may take. For example is it likely to be more than an hour waiting?

Assuming you can go straight in to see him with that pass then you could be in and out in probably 10 mins I'd say, probably less. Any queue will move very quickly from what people are saying about his signing speed so it'll just depend on how many are in front of you but it won't be anything like an hour.

• Like 1

I have a question for a friend...

He left home this morning to go to UK. And discovered that he forgot his tickets..Early Bird. Is it possible for him to get them reprinted when he get to the venue or does he have to buy new ones?

Thanks!

Is it possible for you to post to the accommodation they're staying in by a guaranteed time posted method ? Or could he pick up an e-mail of the order confirmation?

Edited by Knitty Fred

Just read this update in the FAQs: "UPDATE JULY 3: FOR LFACC 2014 ALL FREE TALKS ARE ON FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED BASIS. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO COLLECT TICKETS FOR THE FREE TALKS."

I am now a little bit confused: Does this also apply to gold pass holders? I thought that as gold pass holder I do have access to all free and paid talks without worrying that I will not get a seat.

Thanks in advance for your help

Just read this update in the FAQs: "UPDATE JULY 3: FOR LFACC 2014 ALL FREE TALKS ARE ON FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED BASIS. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO COLLECT TICKETS FOR THE FREE TALKS."

I am now a little bit confused: Does this also apply to gold pass holders? I thought that as gold pass holder I do have access to all free and paid talks without worrying that I will not get a seat.

Thanks in advance for your help

Normally the first few rows are reserved for gold pass holders though last year I went to one talk and it was full at the front so I was a bit further back. I think they loaded gold passes and then seated others directly behind them. In the past if no golds turned up then you'd have empty seats at the front. So I can see why do it the new way but it does mean if you turn up late, even with a gold pass you might be further back. There's at least one talk I'll prob get to after it starts so will see.

Gold Passes do have a reserved area and do not need to collect any tickets. Sometimes indeed when the front is empty attendees are being invited to move up. But as this is such a large show this time I don't think this will happen too often.

Gold Passes do have a reserved area and do not need to collect any tickets. Sometimes indeed when the front is empty attendees are being invited to move up. But as this is such a large show this time I don't think this will happen too often.

So just to clarify, sorry - I will turn up at the Super Stage when the event is, and just be let in. No need to collect tickets for the free ones in the morning.

So just to clarify, sorry - I will turn up at the Super Stage when the event is, and just be let in. No need to collect tickets for the free ones in the morning.

Yes. Gold Pass holders do not need to collect tickets for the free talks. There are no tickets to collect anyway this time. As a Gold Pass holder you show up on time, walk to the front, show your pass and go in.

Yes. Gold Pass holders do not need to collect tickets for the free talks. There are no tickets to collect anyway this time. As a Gold Pass holder you show up on time, walk to the front, show your pass and go in.

Same goes for paid talks. Just turn up and there will prob be a seperate gold queue which will be let in first.

Queen Sindel and Rockstar6662:

Thanks so much for your prompt answers. It's really great to get help here in the forum.

That further clearifies the handling for me. I thought that I had finally understood the procedure correctly but this new info has confused me again. I am so glad that my husband and I have decided to go to this event, the program sounds really great and I do not want to miss something ;-). Thank god, our phototickets and the tickets for the Game of Thrones screening seem to have arrived at our hotel already and are stored there for us. Only one and a half days and we are off to London.....

Same goes for paid talks. Just turn up and there will prob be a seperate gold queue which will be let in first.

I'm not Gold, so I buy the paid tickets in the morning from the sales desk, yep?

The Big Doctor Who talk do Gold Pass Holders Need a Ticket or is it free to us?

As there has been no mention in the announcement topic that Gold Pass holders need to buy a ticket I'm assuming it's included. But I've asked for confirmation.

Apologies if my question has been answered before.

I am interested in a few of the paid talks on Saturday

Living close to the venue could I pop down on Friday evening and pay for them then?

If so would I have to pay for entry into the event on Friday in order to do this & can I buy general admission tickets for the Saturday on the Friday!

Thanks in advance.

Apologies if my question has been answered before.

I am interested in a few of the paid talks on Saturday

Living close to the venue could I pop down on Friday evening and pay for them then?

If so would I have to pay for entry into the event on Friday in order to do this & can I buy general admission tickets for the Saturday on the Friday!

Thanks in advance.

Yes, you would have to buy entry. These tickets are on sale only at the sales table inside the venue. Saturday standard entry can only be bought Saturday morning. Saturday early bird are available Friday at the sales desk.

Dear Queen_Sindel

I try never to assume anything in life where money or fun is involved

And this is exactly why I have requested a confirmation. ;) There should have been a note if it wasn't included. But as we are all humans there is the off chance that this was missed.

Dear Queen_Sindel

I try never to assume anything in life where money or fun is involved

And this is exactly why I have requested a confirmation. ;) There should have been a note if it wasn't included. But as we are all humans there is the off chance that this was missed.

The talk is included, now confirmed.

• Like 1

Cheers for all the info. Yes i still have worries but i am sure it will be fine. I am coming from wales to this first time ever. I have been to the past 2 cardiff comic cons so i have experiance of a con but not of london or a bigger con.

Hey Showmasters and fellow attendees,

I cant wait for this event its going to the best one I've been too, I've been to 3/4 before but this is my first time going gold, I have a few questions if anyone can help (Have checked the FAQ and a few of the posts but cant seem to find the answers I apologise if they were there or been answered else where)?

Were aiming to get there for about 8/8:15am to join the main B queue to get in to EC2, from what I understand the gold wrist bands get handed out in the queue? so assuming to prove your Gold you bring the confirmation email with you?

Is there one wrist band issued each day (Were just going Sat and Sun)?

Can you collect your autograph pack throughout the day and where about's do you go to collect the pack?

Once inside as were Gold there is no need to get Virtual queue tickets for any autographs but is that the same for free or paid for talks as well (Paid talks I understand are included in the Gold Pass ptickets except the Stan Lee Talk)?

The gold chillout area - does this hold many people as I can imagine there will be a lot of Gold pass holders that will have access to this?

I believe our Gold pass bands will have SL on them (Bought before the change over), what happens if we queue for Stan Lee Auto ( im assuming this will be the longest queue both in length and time) but a photo shoot session begins, if the SL is crossed off how do we choose what to do?

If anyone can help ease my mind it would be much appreciated :) Everything else is planned but as a Gold pass newbie starting to panic. Thanks in advance to all and sorry for all the questions.

Rich

• Moderators

Hey Showmasters and fellow attendees,

I cant wait for this event its going to the best one I've been too, I've been to 3/4 before but this is my first time going gold, I have a few questions if anyone can help (Have checked the FAQ and a few of the posts but cant seem to find the answers I apologise if they were there or been answered else where)?

Were aiming to get there for about 8/8:15am to join the main B queue to get in to EC2, from what I understand the gold wrist bands get handed out in the queue? so assuming to prove your Gold you bring the confirmation email with you?

Is there one wrist band issued each day (Were just going Sat and Sun)?

Can you collect your autograph pack throughout the day and where about's do you go to collect the pack?

Once inside as were Gold there is no need to get Virtual queue tickets for any autographs but is that the same for free or paid for talks as well (Paid talks I understand are included in the Gold Pass ptickets except the Stan Lee Talk)?

The gold chillout area - does this hold many people as I can imagine there will be a lot of Gold pass holders that will have access to this?

I believe our Gold pass bands will have SL on them (Bought before the change over), what happens if we queue for Stan Lee Auto ( im assuming this will be the longest queue both in length and time) but a photo shoot session begins, if the SL is crossed off how do we choose what to do?

If anyone can help ease my mind it would be much appreciated :) Everything else is planned but as a Gold pass newbie starting to panic. Thanks in advance to all and sorry for all the questions.

Rich

Hi Rich

I've gone gold the last few years at LFCC so will try to help

1) Bring your confirmation email to queue B to get issued your wrist band

2) It is one wrist band for the whole weekend

3) you can collect your auto pack at any point over the weekend

4) Gold allows you to access all paid and free talks, golds have priority and will be loaded first. gold also allows you to join the back of any lines

5) Last year the gold area was a decent size and can hold plenty of people

Hope this helps

Stu

• Like 1