ANSWERS to FAQs

Too Tall

Gold, Comic Gold and Comic Silver...

You will ALL queue at the centre doors to EC2 as usual. There will be a team coming out as soon as they can (hopefully around 1.5-2 hours before opening) to give the wristbands out in the queue.

You will then go to the organisers booth later in the day to collect your goodie-bag etc.

Thanks for the info! :thumbup:

• Showmasters Admin

We usually see gold pass people outside from at least 90 minute to an hour before the show.

The team will be out there until at least the doors open, most likely even after that. This is a dedicated team to JUST give out these wristbands, so they have no where else to be.

Just remember to give it until much later before asking for your goodie-bags :thumbup:

• Like 2

We usually see gold pass people outside from at least 90 minute to an hour before the show.

The team will be out there until at least the doors open, most likely even after that. This is a dedicated team to JUST give out these wristbands, so they have no where else to be.

Just remember to give it until much later before asking for your goodie-bags :thumbup:

Sounds great!! :) Nice you have things planned :)

(Im gonna be abit of a pain and ask again, How many passes of each were sold? I truly would want to know what Im up against this year since earlier years there has been 150-200 sold as have been stated in the description of the product.)

Hi Guys, Complete newbie here.

I've bought a standard entry ticket and Stan Lee photo shoot ticket. Does that mean the earliest that I can enter the show is 11am? And does anybody have any idea yet what time Stan Lee's Saturday photo shoot will be?

Also where do you collect the photo's that you have taken?

Thanks in advance

Edited by ThisCharmingDan

• Showmasters Admin

I've bought a standard entry ticket and Stan Lee photo shoot ticket. Does that mean the earliest that I can enter the show is 11am? And does anybody have any idea yet what time Stan Lee's Saturday photo shoot will be?

Thanks in advance

Yes you have to wait until 11am, unless you wish to upgrade your ticket on the day, which you can do by joining the pay-on-day line and paying the extra.

The photo shoot schedule is NOT up yet.

You are given the photo as you leave, we have instant printing.

• Moderators

Thanks in advance

Your ticket gives you entry from 11 yes. You can choose to upgrade to early bird on the day and pay the difference if you want to enter earlier.

Photo schedule will appear shortly. Photos are handed out immediately before you even leave the photoshoot :)

ETA: I'm just a fraction too slow today ;)

Edited by etmuse

Hi,

I will attend my first Film and Comic Con in July. I am really looking forward to it, but I am not sure if I have understood the procedure for the talks correctly.

For any talk (with the exception of Stan Lee as mentioned) you do just show up and show your Gold Pass, that's it. Gold Pass holders do have a reserved seating area at the front.

Let me double check on the book zone stuff. It's the first time we have the book zone and I want to make sure I have the info correct.

Hello,

thanks for answering my question regarding the talks.

Is the book zone stuff meanwhile clearified? ("Does this procedure also apply for the talks in the book zone (I want to attend the talk of Joe Abercrombie), so do I also get guaranteed free tickets for this and do I have also priority seating for the talks in the book zone?")

Really looking forward to next week, will be off to London on Monday...

Thanks,

Jessica

• Showmasters Admin

Hi,

I will attend my first Film and Comic Con in July. I am really looking forward to it, but I am not sure if I have understood the procedure for the talks correctly.

For any talk (with the exception of Stan Lee as mentioned) you do just show up and show your Gold Pass, that's it. Gold Pass holders do have a reserved seating area at the front.

Let me double check on the book zone stuff. It's the first time we have the book zone and I want to make sure I have the info correct.

Hello,

thanks for answering my question regarding the talks.

Is the book zone stuff meanwhile clearified? ("Does this procedure also apply for the talks in the book zone (I want to attend the talk of Joe Abercrombie), so do I also get guaranteed free tickets for this and do I have also priority seating for the talks in the book zone?")

Really looking forward to next week, will be off to London on Monday...

Thanks,

Jessica

Because of the book talk area being much smaller this may not be possible. I'm getting this confirmed.

• Showmasters Admin

ok random question but if you have a sandwich or packet of sweets, can you eat while sitting in the talk areas?

Yes but please take your rubbish with you!

• Like 2

ok random question but if you have a sandwich or packet of sweets, can you eat while sitting in the talk areas?

Depends if you eat with your mouth closed :P

• Like 2

This might sound really noobish, and I've done many conventions before, but as this is an all day one for me.... you can bring your own food in with you that's been purchased from outside the venue, can't you?

I made the mistake of forgetting my lunch last year. Cost me over £7 for a jacket potato and bottle of water.

The cost for food and drink is incredibly high at cons. The worst thing to do is forget your drink, then you end up paying something like £3 for a bottle of water, insane!

I've worked the craft show circuit as a vendor and all of the venues I've worked at have all had exorbitant prices. It can be particularly difficult for the vendors because you're in a rush to get to the venue before the public that you can forget to pick something up and then of course you're collared :(

I however soon got wise and would usually get something the night before. Obviously not ideal but made sure it was something that would keep - so no fish there!

• Like 1

The cost for food and drink is incredibly high at cons. The worst thing to do is forget your drink, then you end up paying something like £3 for a bottle of water, insane!

And it's not even properly chilled either. Plus you can spend precious time queuing!

• Like 1

I've worked the craft show circuit as a vendor and all of the venues I've worked at have all had exorbitant prices. It can be particularly difficult for the vendors because you're in a rush to get to the venue before the public that you can forget to pick something up and then of course you're collared :(

I however soon got wise and would usually get something the night before. Obviously not ideal but made sure it was something that would keep - so no fish there!

Imagine the smell!!

Yes you can. And it's highly advised to bring your own, or pay a small fortune!

Phew, that's okay! thanks! I didn't want my jam sandwiches taken away from me :(

Mmmmmm...jam sandwiches.

I was thinking ot fit everythng in won't have time to go looking for lunch so if I can combine a talk and eating it means I can sit down, eat and be entertained. Ultimate Multitasking.

• Like 1