Weekend Underground Engineering Works July 7/8

As per usual with the underground , there are engineering works on various points on the line this weekend.

See this link for details , http://www.tfl.gov.u...?offset=weekend .

Please remember this is for scheduled closures , not closures that may occur over the weekend for whatever reason.

If you need help with your route planning use this link , http://journeyplanne...ST2?language=en , which will take into account any engineering works.

The stop for the event is Kensington(Olympia)

The closure shown for Kensington (Olympia) is for overground train services not underground services.

Edited by teroknor34
  • Like 2

Thank you for this!

Am I right in thinking, to get from Victoria to K O, I get the District Line, get off at Earls Court and then take Earls Court to Kensington Olimpia?

Sounds simple but I'm sure I will still get lost :D

Yes, and you don't need to change platforms. If I am right, when you get off at Earl's court, just walk the other side of the platform you are on for Kensington Olympia

so if i get the train from stratford to kensington olympia will i be affected?

It is only the overground train between Clapham Junction an Kensington Olympia. As long it is not that route, you should be fine. Check TFL website to be certain!

I really am bad at understanding these train lines! Lol I'll just hope for the best... Lol

Go on TFL website. They have a journey planner and will give you the best route to use to get there. It is very detailed and gives maps as well.

so if i get the train from stratford to kensington olympia will i be affected?

It is only the overground train between Clapham Junction an Kensington Olympia. As long it is not that route, you should be fine. Check TFL website to be certain!

Yep its only the southern part between Olympia and Clapham, the north section is fine.

I am travelling from Croydon too, so it is slightly annoying that overground is suspended where we need it! Especially since I'm not the Underground's biggest fan XD.

Edited by Quinzel

i've gotten so used to the underground now with the amount of times i go to london normally the same places i go every time lol. but just fingers cross the time i'm going there will be no delays.

I have used the overground to get up to Watford Junction a couple of times in the last couple of months so it not to be available the weekend I need it again is annoying!

Anyway I may see you both travelling up, just look for the parents with the three boys and bright pink bag!

I think Friday there's no district line branch to olympia, too, so it's the opposite problem.. at least it has 2 ways of getting there on tube (overground/district line) and I think at least one is working at a time over the course of the weekend