Weekend Underground Engineering Works July 7/8

The underground and overground station are the same, and the venue is right next to it. I think the 35/40 minute thing was from Victoria.

Does not take as long as that. Once on tube, should take no more than 10mins to get to Earls Court, it may be the change over there to get to Olympia is what add time to travel.

I'm a little confused, just did a journey planner for Sunday morning from Victoria to Olympia, and it's given 4 different ways of getting there. Surely if 1 train is going direct from Victoria to Earls Court, then they all are?

Earls Court is on 3 tube lines so there will be multiple ways of getting there. There may not be trains running that often first thing in the morning so it will probably show different routes but the most direct one will be the District Line to Earls Court and then change for Olympia.

According to the TFL website you can go Victoria to Olympia via Earls court at 8.12am and 8.32am, but in between you have to go via Kensington high street. Is that because trains from Earls Court are limited?

According to the TFL website you can go Victoria to Olympia via Earls court at 8.12am and 8.32am, but in between you have to go via Kensington high street. Is that because trains from Earls Court are limited?

As long as the train is going to either Richmond, Wimbledon or Ealing Broadway, then it is stopping at Earl's Court.

it might end up being easier for you to walk from Earls Court Station to Olympia (depending on how much you're carrying of course), according to Google Maps it's about a 20 minute walk

Thank you for this!

Am I right in thinking, to get from Victoria to K O, I get the District Line, get off at Earls Court and then take Earls Court to Kensington Olimpia?

Sounds simple but I'm sure I will still get lost :D

I'm on the same route, and it's never as simple as you plan it, haha

Thank you for this!

Am I right in thinking, to get from Victoria to K O, I get the District Line, get off at Earls Court and then take Earls Court to Kensington Olimpia?

Sounds simple but I'm sure I will still get lost :D

I'm on the same route, and it's never as simple as you plan it, haha

That's right, just make sure you get a District Line train towards Ealing, Wimbledon or Richmond and you will be fine....

It says I have 1 or 2 changes :/ is that right from Earls Court to Kensington Olympia via Highbury and Islington

Yup. Victoria Line (south) to Victoria then change onto District Line (Going towards either Ealing, Richmond or Wimbledon) change at Earls Court onto the Kensington Olympia Branch and its 1 stop.

Alternatively, you could get the Westbound Overground service straight to Kensington Olympia fron H&I! No changes, train will either say Clapham Junction but as that is closed it will more than likely say Kensington Olympia.

Edited by johnhuk